PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's Guild Badges - Suggestions

JohnDoe
06-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Haven't had any experience with the Adventurer's Guild until Shattered (hadn't played in a while). Any suggestions on the best type of badge to get for a paladin? Currently trained in two handed weapons, but will likely move to polearms before the instant migration period is over.

Fallen
06-05-2010, 12:44 PM
You can never go wrong as a swinger to get CM, Main Weapon Type, and Primary stat.

WRoss
06-05-2010, 12:45 PM
if you move to polearm, you might want dex or agi bonus for swing RT

JohnDoe
06-05-2010, 01:00 PM
DEX/AGI is a good idea as is CM. Going to reallocate stats before instant migration is over too, so will need to think about that as well and how it plays in here.

When you say primary stat, are you talking about Wisdom or Strength or both for a paladin?

Fallen
06-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Correct. Wisdom enhancives will increase your CS, and Strength obviously your AS.

JohnDoe
06-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks. Will have to run the #s I guess, had initially thought it'd be good to boost my weaknesses, but doing my prime stats makes sense (since they're your prime stats...).

Back
06-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks. Will have to run the #s I guess, had initially thought it'd be good to boost my weaknesses, but doing my prime stats makes sense (since they're your prime stats...).

I’ve been playing a pally for a while and at 45 I can hit my max bonus (140) on strength with Bravery, a white crystal, Surge and a couple of enhancives.

I’ve been using mana recovery on my guild badge and will start building wisdom/lores up next.

Sylvan Dreams
06-05-2010, 02:11 PM
My paladin has this on her badge:

It provides a bonus of 10 to Edged Weapons Bonus.
It provides a bonus of 10 to Strength.
It provides a bonus of 10 to Combat Maneuvers Bonus.

Swami71
06-05-2010, 05:11 PM
My paladin has this on her badge:

It provides a bonus of 10 to Edged Weapons Bonus.
It provides a bonus of 10 to Strength.
It provides a bonus of 10 to Combat Maneuvers Bonus.

bonus 5 to Strength Bonus is a little bit cheaper to charge FYI

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=39905&highlight=badge

JohnDoe
06-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Once you upgrade to a certain enhancement, can you change it to something different? For instance, if I did AGI & DEX now, could I change it to STR & DEX later if I wanted to?

Celephais
06-09-2010, 04:16 PM
I’ve been playing a pally for a while and at 45 I can hit my max bonus (140) on strength with Bravery, a white crystal, Surge and a couple of enhancives.

I’ve been using mana recovery on my guild badge and will start building wisdom/lores up next.

I was pretty sure both Bravery and Strength did not count against your Max STR bonus. That and Bravery doesn't boost STR, it boosts AS. Surge however I was under the impression did count towards the cap.

You also use some pretty all over the place terms there. "Tour max bonus (140) on strength", is misleading. The max STAT is 140, the max bonus is dependent on race, with the max enhancement to bonus being 20.

Celephais
06-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Once you upgrade to a certain enhancement, can you change it to something different? For instance, if I did AGI & DEX now, could I change it to STR & DEX later if I wanted to?

You can change the enhancement, but you either have to have no charges in the badge or it will lose all charges when you switch (I forget which it is).

Fallen
06-09-2010, 04:19 PM
You can change your badge whenever, but you will lose all charges in it at the time.

JohnDoe
06-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Ah, okay, so not a life or death decision. Got over 10k in bounty pts in Shattered, so I can get this bad boy charged up.