PDA

View Full Version : Mac/Avalon

GS4 Bard
06-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Anyone know how to get Avalon to run Shattered?

Any help is appreciated!

Back
06-04-2010, 08:55 PM
I got this note from Tillman the other day...

If you're trying to connect to Shattered, you'll need to use Lich 4.1.40 (I just uploaded it a few minutes ago) and do:

sudo ruby lich.rbw --shattered --avalon

If you're trying to connect to Gemstone Platinum, use:

sudo ruby lich.rbw --gemstone --platinum --avalon

GS4 Bard
06-04-2010, 09:03 PM
On play.net I am only seeing an option to download 4.1.5 and 4.2.2 (beta)

Is there another site to download this from?

waywardgs
06-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Avalon requires a workaround/update to connect to shattered. It was posted on the officials recently. Alternatively, just start from the play.net webpage- go to character select/shattered, hit go play (wizard FE), when the .sal file downloads, select avalon as the program to run it with.

waywardgs
06-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I got this note from Tillman the other day...

Are you a successful lich/avalon/mac user? I banged my head on the wall for a week and couldn't get it to work... every time I tried to d/l the appropriate ruby version, it'd hang or something would go wrong, and I'd have to uninstall macports, reinstall and try again... eventually I gave up.

Back
06-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Are you a successful lich/avalon/mac user? I banged my head on the wall for a week and couldn't get it to work... every time I tried to d/l the appropriate ruby version, it'd hang or something would go wrong, and I'd have to uninstall macports, reinstall and try again... eventually I gave up.

No, I am not successful. For some reason I can’t get the gtk2 bindings to work. Its sets up to listen for avalon on port 4900 but times out even with avalon running. I’ve pretty much given up also.

Xanith
06-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Worth mentioning, in regard to Lich, two weeks ago (after following all the guides on these forums), I could NOT get Lich to work with Avalon. It would open and then when I unpaused the updater script, I'd get crazy bugs in the Terminal Screen and it'd just lock up.

Today, I tried installing it again, for shits and giggles. Works like a charm. It messed up a little the first time I ran it, but after that, perfect. Every single time.

Give it another whirl if you're Avalon user and want to use Lich.

Xanith

Tillmen
06-05-2010, 12:01 PM
I put the instructions for Mac/Avalon/Lich on lichproject.org a few days ago. I hear installing Ruby with macports takes a very long time, so the install may not actually be hanging.

waywardgs
06-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I put the instructions for Mac/Avalon/Lich on lichproject.org a few days ago. I hear installing Ruby with macports takes a very long time, so the install may not actually be hanging.

It does, and I'm a patient person, but what happens is a few different things- essentially it fails and I'm tossed back to the command line in terminal. As if it runs into trouble getting the files it needs and quits. Frustrating.

Ryvicke
06-05-2010, 12:23 PM
If you're just looking to get shattered running on avalon (I know nothing about getting lich to run on it). Naos posted a fix to getting it to show up on the officials Avalon folder. It involves changing a few text files in your Avalon home folder. Nothing too complicated.

Xanith
06-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Tillmen,

I still had to change that one function "return nil" to "return '/etc'" that was listed on the forums from your Lichproject guide. Other than that, I don't know what's new in the newest Lich version, but it works like a charm with Avalon everytime.

Thanks,

Xanith

GS4 Bard
06-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Tillmen,

I still had to change that one function "return nil" to "return '/etc'" that was listed on the forums from your Lichproject guide. Other than that, I don't know what's new in the newest Lich version, but it works like a charm with Avalon everytime.

Thanks,

Xanith

I am jealous as shit of this, I am playing shattered by hand right now and feel like an idiot without lich.

Tillmen
06-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Apparently Mac identifies itself as darwin, which matches when Lich checks for "win" and causes it not to look in /etc. Should be fixed in Lich 4.1.41, so editing Lich shouldn't be needed anymore.