PDA

View Full Version : Whups, drowned

Kuyuk
04-01-2004, 01:10 PM
My bad.

nw
Your extreme weight makes it possible to move slowly along the bottom.
Round time: 10 sec.

[Maelstrom Bay, Underwater]
Light green water above, gold-colored sand below, green water all around. Bladder rockweed, growing thickly in the rocky wall to the east, sways rhythmically. The shimmering surface of the bay rolls sinuously overhead.
Obvious exits: north, west, northwest, up
Unable to hold your breath any longer, you gasp, filling your lungs with water and sending you to a watery grave.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...

Kuyuk

Syberus
04-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Imma have to say I think drowning is probably the worst way to die I could think of

Mint
04-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Does your body stay underwater? If so how do you get rescued? Or is it a case of your only option being decay?

Syberus
04-01-2004, 01:18 PM
you decay

DeV
04-01-2004, 01:20 PM
I've never seen that happen in game. Totally sucks dying that way.

Kuyuk
04-01-2004, 01:22 PM
My body started to float after about 1 minute, and then I was drifted around by the current and ended up at the mouth of the bay where people could rescue me... However, at 1:30 there's not too many people in Rivers rest... so I decayed.

Kuyuk

Galleazzo
04-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Now that's something that would have come up:

** Kuyuk sleeps with the fishes! **

Sean
04-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Decaying would really suck if you drowned because you had too many coins. Seeing as how you lose all your coins in pocket during a decay.

Edaarin
04-01-2004, 02:59 PM
I drowned the first time I tried getting to the Rift. Stupid multidirectional tunnel.

AnticorRifling
04-01-2004, 05:01 PM
I drowned my first run to Darkstone, snapped my short sword and didn't know how to get out of the pool....