PDA

View Full Version : Script-hunting and my vagina:

Stanley Burrell
06-02-2010, 10:57 PM
I am too scared to script hunt because I think everything is going to kill my dude. Please help me not be a pussy and explain to me who/what/when/where/why/how to do this crap? I have both Lich and PsiNet: I use both of them equally, but I usually just type ";walk rolton" and stare at the screen nervously.

I'm like, really paranoid of being disarmed or weird mechanics making my guy die.

Help.

HJFudge
06-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Well whats your characters name? Then I can watch out for him and stuff if I see him running around all script-like.

I script hunt all the time (and I kill people too) and Ive only been killed by a player once while scripting.

Celephais
06-02-2010, 11:51 PM
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2003_Old_School/003OSC_Stuart_Cornfeld_001.jpg

Put your good weapon in a closed container and hunt with one you don't care about, try it a few times and you'll get more comfortable.

Stanley Burrell
06-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Cool picture, bro.

How do I get the PsiNet Optimus Bigshot digital overlord up and running? With the don't-ask don't-tell laser beams.

Zahori
06-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Why are you so afraid of your guy dying? It's not a big deal. You'll notice it eventually. You can also try making your script notice that you're dead, pause until you decay then move you from where you decay to to a table or whatevr.

If you are worried about gear loss, then stuff your good weapon and shield into your locker while you script.

Liagala
06-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Why are you so afraid of your guy dying? It's not a big deal. You'll notice it eventually. You can also try making your script notice that you're dead, pause until you decay then move you from where you decay to to a table or whatevr.

If you are worried about gear loss, then stuff your good weapon and shield into your locker while you script.
^ There's no Death's Sting until 10, so before that a short wait to get stats back is your only issue with death. Build in a depart confirm/table bit, and you're fine. I wouldn't even worry about putting your "good" weapon and shield away for a while. What are you using? A claid you got off a hob? Once you get something worthwhile yeah, but for now, who cares?

Once you hit 10, fletch/forge a bit to get a couple more levels in complete* safety. At 12-15, wherever you land when that's done, there are enough open hunting grounds in the world that you could probably find a nice quiet out-of-the-way one where no one will notice you.

*Complete safety, in Shattered, is a relative term