PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for future

Tordane
06-01-2010, 12:14 PM
I know its a little early, but figured for those of us who are hyped about shattered and plan to be sticking around we may want to start thinking about things.

I would love to see some sort of "Teams" for PvP, similar to light vs. dark, horde vs. (whatever that other side is in wow), lights/darks/shorties like from EQ. Something that seperates us up into teams to work together for our PVP fun. Teams could claim territories, hunting areas, etc. Could be DMZ area's like the Landing so that people can congregate and roleplay if they wish. Just kinda throwing out ideas. Wondering what others think about this, could use societies to split us up. We could do like a Fantasy Draft every 6 months with like 2-5 drafters who choose their teams and score is kept via scripts.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I'd prefer to see teams spring up organically, etc.

HJFudge
06-01-2010, 04:55 PM
If I had to guess, it'll be those who want a more...In Game atmosphere vs those people who just dont care. I can see a few battles over that

SpiffyJr
06-01-2010, 05:03 PM
I'll join side a).

HJFudge
06-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Hmmm maybe someone should get a poll going on to which side people fall under? It should be interesting seeing how many people are in which camp. I'd guess the Just Dont Care camp to be larger, but...not by as much as people think

4a6c1
06-01-2010, 06:04 PM
I'd prefer to see teams spring up organically, etc.

??

Velociraptor invites Rambo to join a group.

Rambo declines because he's a racist.

!!

Mighty Nikkisaurus
06-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Eh, other people can do what they want but I don't like the idea of a 'fantasy draft' sort of system. Once Shattered is at a certain point and we all have our characters at higher levels, I don't want to risk being drafted onto the same PvP tream as some raging douchebag that under any other condition, I'd kill myself. I mean I'm all for measured PvP bouts, etc, just that I'd prefer to be with one group that came together because everyone likes one another and can work together, and then that's that- people get folded in and out but there's no set time until it's time to switch everyone.

Anebriated
06-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Just take an area like Teras and make it known early on that group combat will be common if you are in the open. There would have to be an unspoken rules of combat that the majority of players would end up using but of course a few people always do their own thing.

Cephalopod
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Just take an area like Teras and make it known early on that group combat will be common if you are in the open. There would have to be an unspoken rules of combat that the majority of players would end up using but of course a few people always do their own thing.

Some people tried getting the GMs to allow this in Sylvarraend a few years ago. It's not a bad area (outside Ta'Illi justice, close to everything), once folks are high enough in levels.