PDA

View Full Version : GMs Stopping Scripting

Monotonous
05-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Auch took care of it apparently. Bitching removed.

Stunseed
05-29-2010, 07:55 PM
It's obviously time to wear a new tinfoil hat.

Senglent
05-29-2010, 07:58 PM
They been doing it just to screw with people racing to get that golvern claidh they tossed into TSC.

I honestly expect that claidh to dissappear before anyone hits 25 or disentigrate as soon as someone picks it up.

Tea & Strumpets
05-29-2010, 08:01 PM
From the officials:

So yeah.. Did we expect anything else? They completely fucking lied about Shattered. It's Prime #2 except they're going to use it as an excuse to treat their customers even worse.

Carebear mentality brought on over.

It's all fun and games until your character gets killed FOR NO REASON.

Monotonous
05-29-2010, 08:03 PM
It's all fun and games until your character gets killed FOR NO REASON.

I wouldn't even give a shit, as long as it was fun. What they're doing isn't fun in any possible way.

Asha
05-29-2010, 08:09 PM
lol. This should have gone in the funny shattered thread.
Wondered when complaints would start.

Senglent
05-29-2010, 08:19 PM
I been running my Fletching script for almost 24 hours now, I have not gotten killed yet.

It might have something to do with actions while at the keyboard, not saying Someone was being a douchebag or anything.

I only seen him a couple times and he was argueing with Somebody about "who do you think you are!" back and forth. Wich I did find amusing btw.

Monotonous
05-29-2010, 08:24 PM
I been running my Fletching script for almost 24 hours now, I have not gotten killed yet.

It might have something to do with actions while at the keyboard, not saying Someone was being a douchebag or anything.

I only seen him a couple times and he was argueing with Somebody about "who do you think you are!" back and forth. Wich I did find amusing btw.

I've seen 'Someone' sitting quietly scripting in a corner since day 1. They probably were trying to slow him down, but I think they're too used to Prime and don't realize you can't find a cleric to raise and decaying at level 10+ sucks balls.

Senglent
05-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Try a table then is all I can say, thats where I have been. Out of the way and out of sight is probably best while Shattered is new and GM's are going out of their way to screw with people.

AestheticDeath
05-30-2010, 01:31 AM
GMs can still kill you at a table though.

Tisket
05-30-2010, 02:21 AM
GMs can still kill you at a table though.

And you can get trampled by elephants and eaten by carnivorous anteaters too.

Or you can reduce (not eliminate) your risk of such dire consequences by exercising some caution. Which was his point I think.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-30-2010, 02:47 AM
I've found the best way to avoid being targeted is to just play along when they do decide to play. Obviously if you're AFK you're kinda SOL but eh, I came into this expecting to die a lot either by GM or by other players.

Drew
05-30-2010, 05:01 AM
The daggerbeak quickly swoops down and releases you several feet above the ground, and you flail awkwardly before landing with a dull **THUD**!

... 30 points of damage!
Hard strike to your left leg breaking tendons and bone!
You are stunned for 6 rounds!

A black-winged daggerbeak swoops down from high overhead!
A black-winged daggerbeak tries to bite you!
AS: +344 vs DS: +31 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +88 = +435
... and hits for 161 points of damage!
Awesome shot shatters ribs and punctures lung!
The powerful look leaves you.
The dim aura fades from around you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 16 mins...
The black-winged daggerbeak lets out a piercing screech!

Pretty good level 1 creature.

Deathravin
05-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Ok... well a couple days ago they put scarabs at the depart altar and my script until level 10 was set to depart on deaths...

Musta died 10 times on each guy before I realized wtf was happening

I also think they're cutting back on the screwing with people over level 10. Because they realize how fucked up it would be to die over and over without clerics too.

Death count so far. If a death wasn't hunting related, it was either an invasion or otherwise GM related.
13 - 2 hunting - Dude1
28 - 14 hunting - Dude2
11 - 2 hunting - Dude3
6 - 0 hunting - Dude4
12 - 3 hunting - Dude5

Dude2 and Dude3 are mine. The rest are my buddies.

Inspire
05-30-2010, 08:36 AM
I've found the best way to avoid being targeted is to just play along when they do decide to play. Obviously if you're AFK you're kinda SOL but eh, I came into this expecting to die a lot either by GM or by other players.

I came into this thinking this was the No GM version. Apparently it's the TONS OF GM version but all they're going to do is grief.

I didn't pay $5 extra per account so a GM can kill me while I AFK script. The whole point of shattered is that you CAN SCRIPT AFK 24/7.

Deathravin
05-30-2010, 08:38 AM
I came into this thinking this was the No GM version. Apparently it's the TONS OF GM version but all they're going to do is grief.

I didn't pay $5 extra per account so a GM can kill me while I AFK script. The whole point of shattered is that you CAN SCRIPT AFK 24/7.

Let them have their fun. Were any of your deaths after level 10?

IorakeWarhammer
05-30-2010, 09:03 AM
I think we should petition to extend the lack of sting until level 25.

Kitsun
05-30-2010, 09:25 AM

LAWL. Reading comprehension FTL.

No GM support doesn't mean no GM interaction.

I guess being a dick to everyone isn't such a hot move?

Asha
05-30-2010, 09:28 AM
To be fair though, there was a lot of talk how GM 'wouldn't be involved' and no talk at all of their plans to grief the living fuck out of everyone.
I'd be pretty fucked off too in all honesty.

Asha
05-30-2010, 09:30 AM
I'd script afk in Prime around now. See who's not douchebagging around on staff and still doing their job.

Deathravin
05-30-2010, 09:31 AM
It's as much of a playground for them as it is for us.
Hey, if they're going to be giving us stuff then by all means go for it!

I mean a some of those invasions had mobs dropping 1 and 2x weapons. Some are funny as hell. I admit, it's pretty annoying when you're at work and 50 mobs spawn at your resting site... but hey.

Kitsun
05-30-2010, 09:32 AM
I distinctly remember Solomon's posts pointing out that DR has GM interaction unless they get pissed the fuck off along with the GM involvement being 100% voluntary.

Monotonous
05-30-2010, 10:49 AM
I think the point people are trying to make to the GMs is that either:

A) If you're going to screw around make it fun and interesting, and not just a massive XP penalty and waste of their time

or

B) Leave us the fuck alone because we paid $5 specifically to escape your bullshit.

Pretty ironic that their "No Customer Service" warning was seen as a spectacular feature of Shattered, instead of something bad. A smart company would try to figure out why that was...

Tea & Strumpets
05-30-2010, 10:52 AM
I think the point people are trying to make to the GMs is that either:

A) If you're going to screw with people make it fun and interesting, and not just a massive XP penalty and waste of their time

or

B) Leave us the fuck alone because we paid $5 specifically to escape your bullshit.

Pretty ironic that their "No Customer Service" warning was seen as a spectacular feature of Shattered, instead of something bad. A smart company would try to figure out why that was...

Would you really feel better about it if it was a higher level player griefing you? You can't really explain to another player how important your five dollars are to you.

Monotonous
05-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Would you really feel better about it if it was a higher level player griefing you? You can't really explain to another player how important your five dollars are to you.
Absolutely. That is why I bought and paid for Shattered.

I can do something about another player. I can band together with friends, pay a high level, hunt in different areas, etc..

A GM randomly lightning-bolting me three times at a table just to kill me and stop my script is an entirely different, fucking obnoxious, beast.

Gilralyn
05-30-2010, 12:11 PM
I've been killed after reaching level 10 by GMs, and I rest at tables and take precautions. It's not my idea of fun, but what can you do... perhaps they will tire of it. Pretty adolescent, in my opinion.

(Note: I didn't get killed at a table, but a daggerbeak/war griffin was waiting for me right outside the door. I have type-ahead and had the commands queued to move into the room then enter the Inn, but it killed me nonetheless)

Asha
05-30-2010, 12:41 PM
I can't help but think of the GMs doing the ALL POWERFUL POWERTRIPS look like..

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/vincestar/SouthParkWoWLoser.jpg

RichardCranium
05-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I can't help but think of the GMs doing the ALL POWERFUL POWERTRIPS look like..

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/vincestar/SouthParkWoWLoser.jpg

Nah, knowing how Andraste feels about CvC I doubt she's stepped foot in Shattered.

IorakeWarhammer
05-30-2010, 01:02 PM
you really got bolted at a table? that's bullshit!!! how can they legitimize that? by saying "play at your own risk??"

I think the GMs have their own characters and they want to be the kings of Shattered and they don't want any rival characters threatening to dominate them.

I agree - the random earthquakes, deaths, etc, seem very annoying. It seems to be that only the best scripters, those with the ability to foresee and out-code the GMs will be the only ones that can be successful.

We'll see how the few next days pan out when I'm able to play more..

IorakeWarhammer
05-30-2010, 01:07 PM
There needs to be a WARN INTERACT for GMs

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-30-2010, 01:07 PM
What the fuck is the difference between a GM griefing you now or a capped player griefing you in a couple months?

Welcome to Shattered, getting ass raped repeatedly was clearly a part of the package and risks when you signed up.

As far as griefing goes, the GM version is relatively tame. They don't target any one person for too long- I can forsee where in the future some player character may pick one low level person and make it impossible for them to level up or do anything for months at a time. Until GMs start doing that I don't think the butthurt is particularly warranted.

Asha
05-30-2010, 01:11 PM
What the fuck is the difference between a GM griefing you now or a capped player griefing you in a couple months?
Er, chance to fight back. Chance to stay even level?

Welcome to Shattered, getting ass raped repeatedly was clearly a part of the package and risks when you signed up.
Not by GMs incredibly frequently with no chance to protect yourself or warning.

Bobmuhthol
05-30-2010, 01:11 PM
As has been pointed out, the difference is that you can do something about a player griefing you. GMs don't subject themselves to mortality.

Asha
05-30-2010, 01:12 PM
By the way, I don't really give a shit since I don't play. I'm enjoying the QQ from the GM deaths. Just making sure fair points are pointing out.

Monotonous
05-30-2010, 01:12 PM

Because I'll be that capped griefer, and I have control issues. I can't chain-bind a GM. :hump:

Gilralyn
05-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining (if your comment was targeted at me). I was just responding to the person who asked about post-level 10 deaths by GMs - yes, they do it.

As to your question, the difference between a GM and a capped player causing me grief is that I will eventually have a chance at repaying the capped player back. That is actually fun. However, I have no recourse with a GM.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Point taken, but at this point there's still not a huge difference between the two.

Another thing, though. GMs do read these boards (even if they don't post). I should think that bitching about what they're doing may just spur them on to screw with you more and target you more.

Senglent
05-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Point taken, but at this point there's still not a huge difference between the two.

Another thing, though. GMs do read these boards (even if they don't post). I should think that bitching about what they're doing may just spur them on to screw with you more and target you more.

^that

Asha
05-30-2010, 01:21 PM
What except that there are no capped characters?

nub
05-30-2010, 01:27 PM

I think all GMs are awesome, also my characters in game are Ernie, Fag, House, Violet, Bud, Someone and Everyone

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-30-2010, 01:30 PM
What except that there are no capped characters?

That it's pretty much like if you tried to roll a new character in a couple of months, only I don't think the GMs are being nearly as obnoxious as some players likely intend to be once they do cap. Sure, you could concievably persevere through heavy player-inflicted griefing to get to cap and defend yourself/hurt them, but I still firmly believe that player griefing is going to be a LOT more extreme and obnoxious (and harder to overcome) than whatever the GMs are doing right now (random, stupid deaths).

I get it- people don't like not being able to defend themselves from the GMs, or 'pay them back' in turn in a few months. But griefing is a lot like trolling- knowing people are falling for it or getting pissed over it is a big chunk of the fun. I just don't get the point in expressing how much it bugs you if it does.. it's not going to make the GMs stop and at worst it will just paint a bigger target on yourself.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-30-2010, 01:32 PM
I think all GMs are awesome, also my characters in game are Ernie, Fag, House, Violet, Bud, Someone and Everyone

This reminds me, I have a 'big gay pack' if you want it for Fag, lol.

IorakeWarhammer
05-30-2010, 01:35 PM
even a capped character can be killed but random lighting bolts from the sky at tables? thats bullshit. even the lightning bolts in TSC were too much..

the bottom line is the GMs should be using their powers only to help people - to interfere in the environment is to disturb the experiment which is shattered. the experiment - see what player can do the best based on their scripting resources/MAing/whatever it takes. for them to "randomly" target people seems VERY VERY VERY FISHY.

nub
05-30-2010, 01:43 PM
This reminds me, I have a 'big gay pack' if you want it for Fag, lol.

Was joking, was hoping the people who had those characters would chime in,

I'm actually Fabulous. Though somepeople here would think "fag" would have suited me better... AMIRITE!?

Asha
05-30-2010, 01:44 PM
even a capped character can be killed but random lighting bolts from the sky at tables? thats bullshit. even the lightning bolts in TSC were too much..

the bottom line is the GMs should be using their powers only to help people - to interfere in the environment is to disturb the experiment which is shattered. the experiment - see what player can do the best based on their scripting resources/MAing/whatever it takes. for them to "randomly" target people seems VERY VERY VERY FISHY.
The second paragraph I don't really agree with at all considering it is meant to be chaos.

Marl
05-30-2010, 01:45 PM
the real bottom line is shattered is a free for all, gms and players alike can do whatever the fuck they want whenever the fuck they want.

I am sure GMs will get bored with the constant griefing and players will take over where they left off. I am sure there will be players constantly seeking out and killing/disrupting scripters in the near future.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-30-2010, 01:55 PM

Where did they ever say that Shattered was an experiment to test scripting skills?

AFK scripting is allowed and not a bannable/warnable offense. Nothing more, and nothing less. The only 'environment' that was promised was a chaotic one with extremely limited rules and support.

I can't disagree with this entire paragraph any more than I do now.

RawR
05-30-2010, 02:01 PM
http://tizona.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/ride-design-fail.jpg

IorakeWarhammer
05-30-2010, 02:10 PM
:club:

there's a BIG difference between griefing from other players and from GMs

Asha
05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah we established that and that wasn't the point.

Liagala
05-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Good Lord people, calm down. Did it ever occur to you that GMs want to do some of the stuff they've always been denied by the Carebear mentality in Prime, too? This isn't just our sandbox. They're not going to sit here and grief forever. They're letting off some steam. Play along and enjoy it, or go elsewhere until they get over it. They're not stalking people in hunting grounds. There are plenty of nodes that aren't in the warzones. If you can't relax a little and enjoy the gratuitous violence, there are plenty of places that a GM won't even notice you're logged in, let alone take the time to go harass you. If you don't bring yourself to their attention, you won't have their attention.

Tolwynn
05-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Heh, considering GMs have pulled stunts like that in both prime and plat, are you honestly surprised about some of them going all out on it in Shattered?

Bobmuhthol
05-30-2010, 02:38 PM
If the GMs want to kill people, let them do it on a level playing ground. It was already stated that GMs are killing people at tables, so how can you say that they are ignoring people who don't want to be found? That line of thought works for a player, maybe, but not for the GMs logged in to GM accounts with GM tools to do whatever the fuck they want without having to answer for it.

Liagala
05-30-2010, 02:45 PM
If the GMs want to kill people, let them do it on a level playing ground. It was already stated that GMs are killing people at tables, so how can you say that they are ignoring people who don't want to be found? That line of thought works for a player, maybe, but not for the GMs logged in to GM accounts with GM tools to do whatever the fuck they want without having to answer for it.

Actually, it was stated that someone came out of a table and found a critter there who killed him. It's possible to get killed at a table, but no one's had it happen as far as I know. They're not just picking a name out of a hat and griefing. People getting killed are either inviting attention, or in the wrong place at the wrong time. A table at the AI is nowhere near the danger zone. The only reason for them to hunt you down somewhere like that is if you made yourself a target previously.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-30-2010, 02:50 PM

The vast majority of death and carnage has been thoughtless slaying of masses of people in public areas. For the most part they're ignoring people who try to stay under the radar. Is it 100 percent? No, but the melodramatics are stupid, and I don't think the people who've been hunted down to their remote hideout are totally innocent and haven't done anything to attract any attention. On top of that, it's not like they've picked one person and spam killed them over and over and over at a table for days or even hours on end. For all the killing, they have a relatively short attention span when it comes to fucking with an individual.

Bobmuhthol
05-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Okay, I am less pissed off now that I read the table post edit. Mea culpa on listening to Monotonous I guess. As long as there exists a reasonable opportunity to be left alone by GMs I am content.

Kitsun
05-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Only one character I know being sorta auto-targetted by GM lightning bolts is Pikachu, but I think thats just a factor of the name and the joy of hitting the yellow rat with electricity.

Omrii
05-30-2010, 03:37 PM
If I was a GM, I'd be doing all the same stuff. Except maybe altering rooms and putting doors in them to lvl 50 areas. That's just mean. lol

Drunken Durfin
05-30-2010, 04:45 PM
So, people are bitching about getting knocked down, killed and such on the Officials as well. My response there was much the same as here, people should write better scripts. To which someone posted that it would not help when it comes to bolts from the sky no matter how good your script was.

My smart ass response was that I would post my script that kept me from getting bolted as soon as I capped. Then this happened in-game:

A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes you!
... 25 points of damage!
Horrid jolt to neck explodes vocal cords. You gurgle in response.
You are stunned for 8 rounds!

A tremendous crack of thunder follows instantly!

A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes you!
... 70 points of damage!
Massive shock totally burns out the nervous system. Nothing works anymore.
It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 14 mins...

A tremendous crack of thunder follows instantly!

You get the feeling that maybe your anti-Bolt script isn't working.

To me, that was hilarious, completely warranted and everything that should be expected in Shattered.

Eoghain
05-30-2010, 05:14 PM
So, people are bitching about getting knocked down, killed and such on the Officials as well. My response there was much the same as here, people should write better scripts. To which someone posted that it would not help when it comes to bolts from the sky no matter how good your script was.

My smart ass response was that I would post my script that kept me from getting bolted as soon as I capped. Then this happened in-game:

To me, that was hilarious, completely warranted and everything that should be expected in Shattered.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I love Shattered for exactly shit like this. Bitch all you want about being randomly killed before there's an exp penalty. I got the funniest alterations i've ever had and I'm running around laughing my ass off at almost everything I see. Shattered = WIN!

Ryvicke
05-30-2010, 05:35 PM

:rofl:

I love reading all of this.

Monotonous
05-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Good Lord people, calm down. Did it ever occur to you that GMs want to do some of the stuff they've always been denied by the Carebear mentality in Prime, too? This isn't just our sandbox. They're not going to sit here and grief forever. They're letting off some steam. Play along and enjoy it, or go elsewhere until they get over it. They're not stalking people in hunting grounds. There are plenty of nodes that aren't in the warzones. If you can't relax a little and enjoy the gratuitous violence, there are plenty of places that a GM won't even notice you're logged in, let alone take the time to go harass you. If you don't bring yourself to their attention, you won't have their attention.

Actually, it was stated that someone came out of a table and found a critter there who killed him. It's possible to get killed at a table, but no one's had it happen as far as I know. They're not just picking a name out of a hat and griefing. People getting killed are either inviting attention, or in the wrong place at the wrong time. A table at the AI is nowhere near the danger zone. The only reason for them to hunt you down somewhere like that is if you made yourself a target previously.

Okay.. I know who you are (or who you're friends with) and what event you're talking about, but that is not at all what the bitching is about. Shit like a spawned monster or disease like the moulis is "fun and interesting" for the most part. Completely different, and not at all frustrating if the GM takes the time to clean up and fix people like Auch normally does.

One of the GMs is randomly lightning bolting people with zero interaction or explanation, and not raising or healing wounds. Just letting them rot and get Xp penalty. It has happened to me at a table, and at a rest node, and other people have complained about it as well. I don't know what GM did it or why. If they'd of explained it, or done something at all "fun or interesting" along with it, I wouldn't be here bitching.

I totally get that they want to screw around and blow off steam. I've probably died 40+ times since Shattered released due to GMs, none of which frustrated or annoyed me at all except for the lightning bolts + decay.

If players paid the extra $5 to just be left alone, why does anyone have a problem with that? The GMs aren't the ones paying... They can have their fun, but it shouldn't be at the expense of those who just wants to be left alone to enjoy Gemstone the way they always wanted.

Buckwheet
05-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Honestly, some of it has been funny, others are just down right annoying.

But, its shattered, and I have come to embrace most of the chaos. Now to get just some feature alters done.

Liagala
05-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Okay.. I know who you are (or who you're friends with)
That makes one of us who does. Who am I and who am I friends with?

and what event you're talking about,
The event I was talking about was this one:

(Note: I didn't get killed at a table, but a daggerbeak/war griffin was waiting for me right outside the door. I have type-ahead and had the commands queued to move into the room then enter the Inn, but it killed me nonetheless)
Where Gilralyn clarified his statement so that people knew he wasn't saying he had been killed at a table resting.

but that is not at all what the bitching is about. Shit like a spawned monster or disease like the moulis is "fun and interesting" for the most part. Completely different, and not at all frustrating if the GM takes the time to clean up and fix people like Auch normally does.

One of the GMs is randomly lightning bolting people with zero interaction or explanation, and not raising or healing wounds. Just letting them rot and get Xp penalty. It has happened to me at a table, and at a rest node, and other people have complained about it as well. I don't know what GM did it or why. If they'd of explained it, or done something at all "fun or interesting" along with it, I wouldn't be here bitching.

I totally get that they want to screw around and blow off steam. I've probably died 40+ times since Shattered released due to GMs, none of which frustrated or annoyed me at all except for the lightning bolts + decay.
As for the rest of this... I'm not you, so I can't say what has happened to you. It is possible that some GM has a hard-on for you, and is stalking/killing/griefing/whatever. Depending on who you are, you may or may not deserve it. There are some people that I've seen posting on the officials over the years who I think really should be bolted into oblivion several times, just on general principle. I think it's more likely however that you got one, maybe two, annoying deaths and your anger over them is inflating the situation.

If players paid the extra $5 to just be left alone, why does anyone have a problem with that? The GMs aren't the ones paying... They can have their fun, but it shouldn't be at the expense of those who just wants to be left alone to enjoy Gemstone the way they always wanted.
lolwut? No one paid $5 to be left alone. We paid $5 to not be in Carebear land. We paid to have no rules. Where was it ever stated that you'd be left alone? If you want GM interaction on your own terms, go back to Prime. They have to behave themselves over there.

Monotonous
05-30-2010, 07:24 PM
That makes one of us who does. Who am I and who am I friends with?
The event I was talking about was this one:

Where Gilralyn clarified his statement so that people knew he wasn't saying he had been killed at a table resting.
Sorry, think there was some misunderstanding.

I said a few posts before yours that that is exactly what is happening, to me and multiple other people (one of whom was complaining on the officials, which prompted this thread). It's up to you to decide if we're lying or not.. Don't really care.

lolwut? No one paid $5 to be left alone. We paid $5 to not be in Carebear land. We paid to have no rules. Where was it ever stated that you'd be left alone? If you want GM interaction on your own terms, go back to Prime. They have to behave themselves over there.
You're saying "no one" to someone who did exactly that. I hate prime specifically because of their customer service and GM interaction. They said Shattered was "Customer Service-Free" which is a breath of fresh air in Simutronics land.

Again, the question you ignored, what is so offensive about just wanting to be left the fuck alone?

mgoddess
05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
You're saying "no one" to someone who did exactly that. I hate prime specifically because of their customer service and GM interaction. They said Shattered was "Customer Service-Free" which is a breath of fresh air in Simutronics land.
"...life in Shattered is quite different because there is virtually no GameMaster moderation or intervention!..."

Is different from "No GM's whatsoever". Nothing, anywhere, that I've read about Shattered said there won't be any GM's anywhere in the instance. GM's are free to be in Shattered, on their own time, doing whatever they want. It's a free-for-all, not just for the players, but for the GM's too.

This is what you signed up for. Sorry you mis-read the information about Shattered, but that's what you did.

Also, see this: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/GemStone_Shattered_(saved_post)#GM_Involvement
Solomon pretty much states flat out that GM's will join, will gang up on players, etc. etc.

Monotonous
05-30-2010, 08:08 PM
"...life in Shattered is quite different because there is virtually no GameMaster moderation or intervention!..."

Is different from "No GM's whatsoever". Nothing, anywhere, that I've read about Shattered said there won't be any GM's anywhere in the instance. GM's are free to be in Shattered, on their own time, doing whatever they want. It's a free-for-all, not just for the players, but for the GM's too.

This is what you signed up for. Sorry you mis-read the information about Shattered, but that's what you did.

Also, see this: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/GemStone_Shattered_(saved_post)#GM_Involvement
Solomon pretty much states flat out that GM's will join, will gang up on players, etc. etc.
(Actually you mis-read.. he said players will gang up on GMs via bitching on forums, but I get the point)

Alright, so I won't expect to be left alone, but I guess I just want it to be entertaining if they're going to mess with us since we are paying for it.

Random lightning bolt + decay not entertaining.

30 "sexy female kobold"s swinging large black double-ended dildos is entertaining. If my table suddenly filled up with those to kill me I wouldn't be here bitching.

Tordane
05-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Random lightning bolt + decay not entertaining.

Make it an experience, hold off on the epeen splooge, I agree that random lightning bolts have been...not entertaining. Loving Shattered as a whole, and can't wait until we are a few months in.

AestheticDeath
05-30-2010, 08:18 PM

virtually no intervention, means to me that they would not be killing me once a day or more

Tea & Strumpets
05-30-2010, 08:27 PM
The five dollars part cracks me up.

Monotonous
05-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Make it an experience
Exactly!

They have unlimited creative powers in a text-based game: They can literally do anything, invent any mechanic, spawn any creature or build some wild, massive event....

So why the same tired lightning bolt re-hashed from Prime, or teleporting a character to elven nations.... Yawn?

Were I in their shoes you guys would be experiencing a bizarre mix of utter disgust and delight. Ever seen Japanese porn?

Edit: I couldn't decide if I wanted to add a picture or not. I threw up in my mouth from laughing when I did some google searches.

Edit2:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8XIkAU7WRRk/SZyKVtH93XI/AAAAAAAAHNc/NgFJJCodnIY/s800/asian-squid-porn6c1b5f.jpg

Methais
05-30-2010, 09:14 PM
virtually no intervention, means to me that they would not be killing me once a day or more

To me it means GMs aren't gonna warn or ban you for anything.

But yeah, just randomly blasting someone with a lightning bolt and nothing else is pretty gay, especially since GMs are supposed to be creative people. If they insist on being boring like that they should at least rez you.

Sweets
05-31-2010, 07:45 AM
I wasn't going to try Shattered but after reading this, I HAVE to! GMs fucking with the douches?

OMFG! Look for Sweets. She'll be carrying a bloody rag and raging on hormones.

WRoss
05-31-2010, 08:36 AM
So after bitching out loud about my feelings with the GM "interaction" in shattered, the GMs had a conversation with another player. He was told that they were purposefully targeting me to "level the playing field". That individual harassment is what made me decide to quit.

Marl
05-31-2010, 08:38 AM
http://users.rcn.com/drobledo/tin_foil.jpg

Drunken Durfin
05-31-2010, 10:19 AM
He was told that they were purposefully targeting me to "level the playing field".

I heard you were extorting other players for silver. Specifically, charging people to be in RR. That is not really a scripting issue. You sure you did not bring this one on yourself?

kookiegod
05-31-2010, 10:24 AM
I heard you were extorting other players for silver. Specifically, charging people to be in RR. That is not really a scripting issue. You sure you did not bring this one on yourself?

Yah know, whats wrong with that in Shattered actually, whether or not its true? Everyone's fairly the same level at this point.

/shrug

waywardgs
05-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Yah know, whats wrong with that in Shattered actually, whether or not its true? Everyone's fairly the same level at this point.

/shrug

^this

If you can do it, short of exploiting bugs, etc, it should be allowed. This is what Shattered was advertised as... a free-for-all, no GM harassment. If a player steps in and decides to run a town like the Mafia, well... why not?

Inspire
05-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Paying extra to get away from GM's just to have them harass/grief you is fucking stupid.

Why does Simutronics shoot itself in the foot over and over? You just got people to pay $5 more, for the same thing. MAKE THEM HAPPY DONT PISS THEM OFF

Drunken Durfin
05-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Shattered was advertised as... a free-for-all, no GM harassment.

I don't remember anything about no GM harassment in the ads.

People have to realize that there are players that are good friends with GMs. If you start doing things to those players, they are going to grief to their GM friends just like they did in Prime. No, you won't get a Warning or Banned, but you will be fucked with. GMs randomly killing people WAS eluded to during all the conversations on the Officials.

Much like State Troopers, GMs in Shattered are a service oriented industry. If you beg for their attention, they are going to give it to you.

WRoss
05-31-2010, 11:00 AM

That was all a joke. None of which I ever did.

Deathravin
05-31-2010, 11:15 AM
I do prefer when they do an announcement for invasions...
But you have to admit, it's slowed down a lot.

IorakeWarhammer
05-31-2010, 11:24 AM
yeah no gay quakes this morning to stop my script

Deathravin
05-31-2010, 11:39 AM
yeah no gay quakes this morning to stop my script

It is the person who writes scripts that can be stopped by quakes who is GAY!

waywardgs
05-31-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't remember anything about no GM harassment in the ads.

People have to realize that there are players that are good friends with GMs. If you start doing things to those players, they are going to grief to their GM friends just like they did in Prime. No, you won't get a Warning or Banned, but you will be fucked with. GMs randomly killing people WAS eluded to during all the conversations on the Officials.

Much like State Troopers, GMs in Shattered are a service oriented industry. If you beg for their attention, they are going to give it to you.

Fair enough, but did you expect warns and bans to just be replaced with random killings and service disruption?

In reality, though, I expect the GM involvement with Shattered to die down quickly. It's only been around for a few days yet. I doubt they'll be bothered to mess with people this much in a month or more.

Liagala
05-31-2010, 12:14 PM
I hate to say this, but I have to apologize to Monotonous. I won't go into detail, but I got confirmation that there is indeed a GM or two going out of their way to specifically screw with certain players, for reasons that I personally consider "not good enough." Given my very relaxed attitude about GM screwing-around in Shattered, that's pretty bad. I have no idea whether Monotonous' character is one of the ones being harassed, but it apparently is happening.

In ::cough:: completely unrelated news, WTF is the deal with cracking down on empath script-leveling? Yes it's cheap. So what? If anyone does anything retarded with it, the player base at large will make them regret it at their earliest opportunity. I fail to see the problem here.

Asha
05-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Eventually they'll just apply all the Prime rules through strongarming and it'll be a more expensive, slightly less tedious GS.
Just start a chatroom instead.

Methais
05-31-2010, 02:08 PM
That was all a joke. None of which I ever did.

Even if you did though, the only consequences should be based on how the players react, i.e. they form a mob and gank your balls off or whatever.

GMs ganging up on you over it is just gay as hell since there's no limits on the things they can do in-game.

I'm fine with GMs randomly torturing people as long as they make it interesting, but I thought Shattered was supposed to be a dangerous place that is run by the players? Being ganked by other players should be the consequences of someone's actions, not being ganked by GMs with unlimited powers and a keyboard full of I WIN buttons.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Even if you did though, the only consequences should be based on how the players react, i.e. they form a mob and gank your balls off or whatever.

GMs ganging up on you over it is just gay as hell since there's no limits on the things they can do in-game.

I'm fine with GMs randomly torturing people as long as they make it interesting, but I thought Shattered was supposed to be a dangerous place that is run by the players? Being ganked by other players should be the consequences of someone's actions, not being ganked by GMs with unlimited powers and a keyboard full of I WIN buttons.

I kind of made a post like this on the Officials.

I'm perfectly fine with GMs causing mayhem and carnage and hilariously torturing and killing people just because it's funny.

But when it starts to feel like they're policing the world, that's a problem. So what if Sesame Street wanted to extort 100k for the priviledge of being on RR? That's why we joined Shattered, so we could play out all of these scenarios that just aren't possible in Prime. And I don't really like the idea of them trying to 'level out the playing field'. May the best scripts win, and even if someone does race ahead and to cap and starts griefing the shit out of people, eventually the masses will catch up and there will be hell to pay for that person.

I guess my thing is that I don't mind GM interaction, but I want it to be just that- interaction. Not policing, not enforcement of some unwritten rules/ideas they have for Shattered.

Pulling script healers for 'policy abuse' really bugs me, too. Healing is not a bug, it's a mechanic, and it was asked multiple times prior to Shattered opening if it was allowed. Solomon stated that only bug abuse would be penalized/forbidden.

Liagala
08-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Bump for more GM table-empath shenanigans. If it's just an occasional thing, I'm cool with it. I can't die any other way, so why not? If this is the beginning of another table empath vendetta though, I'm going to be pissed.

A rat scampers out from under the table before darting back under the table.
(us afk scripting)
A low growl emits from somewhere nearby.
(more afk scripting)
The rat scampers back out and flashes its teeth and hisses loudly in warning at all those present.
(more afk scripting)

A giant rat scampers out once again and bares its teeth before lashing out at Bacons, then quickly at Necen, then jumps up on the table and lunges at Maliane catching her off guard, then rushes at Jefferydahlmer taking chunks of their stomachs out before scampering back off with its food.

(spells dropping)

...departing in 13 mins...

* Necen drops dead at your feet!

* Maliane drops dead at your feet!

* Jefferydahmer drops dead at your feet!

[group_ajar]>group open

The Necen disk disintegrates, dropping everything on the ground.
* Jefferydahmer just bit the dust!
* Maliane just bit the dust!
* Necen just bit the dust!
* Bacons just bit the dust!

Bhaalizmo
08-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Necropost ftw.

Where was this? Solhaven?

Cthulu
08-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Pulling script healers for 'policy abuse' really bugs me, too. Healing is not a bug, it's a mechanic, and it was asked multiple times prior to Shattered opening if it was allowed. Solomon stated that only bug abuse would be penalized/forbidden.

Bugs have routinely been abused to no punishment on shattered.

Liagala
08-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Where was this? Solhaven?

Wayside Inn, in Landing. I think at least one other table empath/bot combo was hit as well, but the table cleric wasn't. If it's just one death on rare occasions, it isn't a big deal.

krissta
08-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Bump for more GM table-empath shenanigans. If it's just an occasional thing, I'm cool with it. I can't die any other way, so why not? If this is the beginning of another table empath vendetta though, I'm going to be pissed.

(us afk scripting)
(more afk scripting)
The rat scampers back out and flashes its teeth and hisses loudly in warning at all those present.
(more afk scripting)

A giant rat scampers out once again and bares its teeth before lashing out at Bacons, then quickly at Necen, then jumps up on the table and lunges at Maliane catching her off guard, then rushes at Jefferydahlmer taking chunks of their stomachs out before scampering back off with its food.

(spells dropping)

[group_ajar]>group open

What the fuck?!

calidus
08-03-2010, 03:41 PM

(us afk scripting)
(more afk scripting)
(more afk scripting)

(spells dropping)

[group_ajar]>group open

Being your enemy in game, this was funny at first, especially since you guys have gained like 40 levels in utter safety. However, it still is pretty lame, especially if it happens more than rarely.

Also, the description, writing, and creativity of that is just plain poor... It looks like something a little kid would write.

Fatsix
08-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Makes me happy. Get them all, bring back the daggerbeaks!

faloon
08-03-2010, 04:39 PM
That shit once in a while is fine by me but if it gets out of hand then thats poor taste. Stuff like that happening gives us something to talk about :p

Some Rogue
08-03-2010, 06:34 PM
They even misspelled my name when they did it.

Pisses me off that they had to do it in the middle of the night when they guessed most of us wouldn't even be there which would have led to a decay. I'm not exactly making a lot of money sitting a table healing.

krissta
08-03-2010, 06:50 PM

Pisses me off that they had to do it in the middle of the night when they guessed most of us wouldn't even be there which would have led to a decay. I'm not exactly making a lot of money sitting a table healing.

lol

They totally shouldn't have been able hit you, then!

SpiffyJr
08-03-2010, 06:57 PM
It was probably that cock goblin Itzel.

nub
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I have no idea why they would do this, to AFK scripters. What joy does that bring a GM? fucking stupid.

Fatsix
08-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Because the empaths and clerics are sitting there getting MAX exp, and not in harms way. My honest opinion, they havent banned it because simu is getting paid for the extra accounts for the bleeders and nerve fryers.

nub
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Because the empaths and clerics are sitting there getting MAX exp, and not in harms way. My honest opinion, they havent banned it because simu is getting paid for the extra accounts for the bleeders and nerve fryers.

And the problem with that is what? No shit they haven't banned it because that is exactly what they signed up to do.

Fatsix
08-03-2010, 10:24 PM
They should die like the rest of us is my point. Its lame. You cant get to the table to fuck with them. I guess i gotta wait until they come out from underneath their rocks to play.

nub
08-03-2010, 10:33 PM
They should die like the rest of us is my point. Its lame. You cant get to the table to fuck with them. I guess i gotta wait until they come out from underneath their rocks to play.

What's wrong with you?

Fallen
08-03-2010, 10:45 PM
I think it's dumb because it skews the game. I guess it doesn't matter because its Shattered, but it still fucks up the pacing to/past the cap.

Fatsix
08-03-2010, 11:31 PM
What's wrong with you?

YOU.

Fatsix
08-03-2010, 11:32 PM
I think it's dumb because it skews the game. I guess it doesn't matter because its Shattered, but it still fucks up the pacing to/past the cap.

EXACTLY Its abuse, no matter how you look at it. The game was not intended nor designed to be played that way.

Methais
08-03-2010, 11:35 PM
EXACTLY Its abuse, no matter how you look at it. The game was not intended nor designed to be played that way.

Yes it was.

calidus
08-03-2010, 11:39 PM

then rushes at Jefferydahlmer

Looks like they spelled it wrong, in the same way you did... ;)

calidus
08-03-2010, 11:39 PM

calidus
08-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Internet connection fail.

:|

IorakeWarhammer
08-03-2010, 11:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9bRT3JrykM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zloWEvRDhgI&feature=related

Methais
08-03-2010, 11:49 PM

Let it be known that on August 3, 2010 at 10:44 pm Central time, IorakeWarhammer has finally made his first post that wasn't totally full of gayness and faggotry.

Fatsix
08-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Skeletor was right, buch of fucking bunglers.

Some Rogue
08-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Looks like they spelled it wrong, in the same way you did... ;)

As I told you, I have both spellings...

And neither one have an "L" in them.

:club:

Liagala
08-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Actually, the highest level people are Deathravin's crew as far as I know. They hunt and do bounties in EN. Bounty XP outpaces table healing, if you have intelligent scripts. Remember who (legitimately) got that claid? Madam may have cheated, but when Morningwood walked into TSC to pick it up the right way, he wasn't an empath.

Deathravin
08-04-2010, 08:59 AM
http://local.content.compendiumblog.com/uploads/user/2d92c3b8-4f3d-4818-8983-fe74f6fb8f95/8d18f0d6-8f2a-4d8e-89d5-206a66ca5507/shh.jpg

Deathravin
08-04-2010, 09:03 AM
http://www.taylordavidson.com/writing/wp-content/uploads/diversion_high_contrast_600.jpg

Fame List -- All Players -- Rank 1 and 28
28 Someone 4624421 60 M Human Emp

How about that Someone on making it to level 60! That's just great. Grats to them!.
And Maldric, who knew raising gave so much fame. That's awesome. Good job!

Monotonous
08-04-2010, 09:36 AM

(us afk scripting)
(more afk scripting)
(more afk scripting)

(spells dropping)

[group_ajar]>group open

This just happened recently?

Straight up bullshit, especially if they just left you there to rot. If the GMs want to participate in Shattered they should only do so in a way that is fun for the players. I thought we already resolved this with mass protests on the officials but apparently they need another round of it.

Whatever GM did that also needs some basic English lessons, because big run on sentences, that use a lot of commas, and describe things like a toddler describes things, sound really idiotic, and demonstrate a complete lack, of ability to write an interesting event, and this is a text based game, so maybe this isn't the place for them.

Some Rogue
08-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Two nights ago, very early morning. Luckily we had one person wake up in time to come get us kept and raised.

Liagala
08-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Two nights ago, very early morning. Luckily we had one person wake up in time to come get us kept and raised.
^ This. If Necen hadn't checked on things when he did, we would all have rotted. Still, I can't complain too much. We were left alone last night, so it looks like an isolated event.

IorakeWarhammer
08-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Whatever GM did that also needs some basic English lessons, because big run on sentences, that use a lot of commas, and describe things like a toddler describes things, sound really idiotic, and demonstrate a complete lack, of ability to write an interesting event, and this is a text based game, so maybe this isn't the place for them.

i wrote it :)

Monotonous
08-04-2010, 10:31 AM
It didn't even happen to me and I'm more pissed off about it than you guys are. They told us in an apologetic official posting that it wouldn't happen again and that it was due to Tiqal's misunderstanding of policy, yet here they are a month and a half later doing the exact same shit.

If they don't want certain things done with AFK scripts they need to set the fucking policy and tell us instead of this random "I'm going to waste your entire fucking night. Thanks for the $20 per account, sucker." bullshit.

IorakeWarhammer
08-04-2010, 10:36 AM
i dont mind if the GMs mess with them periodically i mean they have a free ride after all sitting at the table

Showal
08-04-2010, 10:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zloWEvRDhgI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ1u2_PopPk

Liagala
08-04-2010, 11:10 AM
i dont mind if the GMs mess with them periodically i mean they have a free ride after all sitting at the table
As much as it pains me to agree with IW, this. All the hunting people die now and then, it's really only fair that the table people get hit with something on rare occasions too. If the GM started popping in twice a week to do it I'd get pissed, but a single event is no big deal to me.

Deathravin
08-04-2010, 11:26 AM
As much as it pains me to agree with IW, this. All the hunting people die now and then, it's really only fair that the table people get hit with something on rare occasions too. If the GM started popping in twice a week to do it I'd get pissed, but a single event is no big deal to me.

This type of a balance shouldn't be made by GMs manually though. It should be done in properly QA'ed code. If you don't want healbots, then make it so PC-inflicted wounds (including self-inflicted) don't give more than 200 xp/hr. If you don't want raisebots, then likewise limit PC-inflicted (including self-inflicted) raises are capped at 200 xp/hr.

Or make something like the undisarmable mob-jack-in-the-box trap for Pickers.

Don't have a GM manually going through and killing randomly to make it fair. Do it right and close those loopholes.

IorakeWarhammer
08-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I agree. The rat is just cheap.

Deathravin
08-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Cheap or not, it's unsustainable.

IorakeWarhammer
08-04-2010, 11:58 AM
the reality is, any empath who is 5-10 levels ahead of everyone else could change the face of the game overnight by griefing. luckily an empath is not #1 :)

Deathravin
08-04-2010, 12:01 PM
At the moment, anybody 50 or higher can grief probably 95% of the game population. You don't gotta be #1 to grief.

SpiffyJr
08-04-2010, 12:03 PM
the reality is, any empath who is 5-10 levels ahead of everyone else could change the face of the game overnight by griefing. luckily an empath is not #1 :)

Hah, please, 5-10 levels is NOT a huge deal. There are plenty of people that are 55+ and you don't see them griefing everything in site.

Tordane
08-04-2010, 12:07 PM

Yeah, most of your folks leading the pack aren't looking to grief anyway. They are scripters who aren't interested in wasting their time, yet. Now when cap, and a month or two past cap kick in...this could be a whole new story, and probably will be.

Deathravin
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
yet.

lol, nice.

Fatsix
08-04-2010, 12:37 PM
This type of a balance shouldn't be made by GMs manually though. It should be done in properly QA'ed code. If you don't want healbots, then make it so PC-inflicted wounds (including self-inflicted) don't give more than 200 xp/hr. If you don't want raisebots, then likewise limit PC-inflicted (including self-inflicted) raises are capped at 200 xp/hr.

Or make something like the undisarmable mob-jack-in-the-box trap for Pickers.

Don't have a GM manually going through and killing randomly to make it fair. Do it right and close those loopholes.

Make it level based as well as the wound type. It will force the bleeder bots to level or healer/raiser to not be able to get fried. I think i heard that empaths need to heal 33ish blood per minute to stay fried? Bleeder bot is probably 1. Give em 3 exp... OR a repetition penalty on the same player like forging does, with multiple skills. Full exp, half exp, etc. with a cool down to not penalize players that are legitimately healing their alt from when they get injured hunting.

Fatsix
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Is it really going to break Shattered if an empath hits cap while the rest of us noobs are still 84? They will just have an epicly hard time getting rescued from Nelamar when no one else can go in to get em. I personally do not care even a little bit about table healers and raisers overtaking the rest of us. It is an option available to any of us to do, they don't need to be punished for doing something that was clearly stated is allowed.

More importantly, would anyone want to? Since they did nothing to contribute along the way? They will have their turn to decay, except potions will be 15k when they do.

Drisco
08-04-2010, 01:18 PM

1#. They aren't getting that much more. It's only 20$ to have 2 shattered accounts. Paying full for one and then the new one only is being charged 5$ since the first 30 days is free. Once that expires you just make another new account since you only need a lvl 2.

2#. Some people never die when hunting just like us. Rada for example rarely dies, I think I've seen him die like twice.

3# It doesn't skew the leveling.. Although I'm always having exp in the brains, my ;Xp is only 1860 - 1900 per hour. I've seen people running at 2100-2200

Fatsix
08-04-2010, 01:36 PM
#1. They aren't getting that much more. It's only 20$ to have 2 shattered accounts. Paying full for one and then the new one only is being charged 5$ since the first 30 days is free. Once that expires you just make another new account since you only need a lvl 2.

How many credit cards you got? Abuse again.

; 2#. Some people never die when hunting just like us. Rada for example rarely dies, I think I've seen him die like twice.

He died last night. He's just starting to get into the critters that aren't easy to hunt. Wether it be cmans, or other adventurers not killing critters quickly enough and a cloud gets casted and inadvertently hits you running through...

Drisco
08-04-2010, 01:40 PM
How many credit cards you got? Abuse again.

He died last night. He's just starting to get into the critters that aren't easy to hunt. Wether it be cmans, or other adventurers not killing critters quickly enough and a cloud gets casted and inadvertently hits you running through...

I'm using 1 credit card. If you phone in they are only happy to oblige.

Oh and perhaps that is why. I feel like there are a lot of different critters out there through the levels that aren't as bad. You just have find them. Are Clerics/Empaths/Rogues the only one who have alternative ways to level? I guess we become poor since we don't have income.

Also if you are a master scripter like a few of the people here dying isn't really that big of a deal. Your scripts can buy potions spell you back up and go hunting. The regular people, I guess it does seem unfair.