PDA

View Full Version : 3x hiding?

Umpyr
03-31-2004, 09:01 PM
Is it still worth it to triple hiding? Is there a big difference in tripling as opposed to doubling? Disregarding training point cost, since obviously its expensive, should a rogue be tripled in it?

Celexei
03-31-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure how much i can advise on this one, my rogue personally triple trains in hiding, but my rogue friend said that 3x isn't as important as it used to be, and with the outcoming of shadow mastery i'm not sure how much i'm going to be training in it....i believe i'll still remain to train heavily in it, but i really don't know the benefits

Artha
03-31-2004, 10:40 PM
I 2.5x it and I've never had a problem, except occasionally against extremely perceptive critters.

TheEschaton
03-31-2004, 11:42 PM
Anything less than 3x should be considered blasphemy for a rogue, unless you're one of those worthless never-get-off-your-ass locksmiths in the East Tower.

-TheE-

ThisOtherKingdom
03-31-2004, 11:44 PM
My rogue is 3x hiding (or was, I canceled my account for the time being), AND he was a 3x picker/disarmer. So he was a good, lazy hider.

Edaarin
03-31-2004, 11:46 PM
3x, you can hide from stone mastiffs. 2x, forget about it.

If you don't mind not hunting animals, go for it. Shadow mastery is supposed to improve success rate as well, but it takes 35 ranks of combat maneuvers to master. I have no problems really hiding with 2x, 2.5x and you'll be fine.

Umpyr
04-01-2004, 12:26 AM
I was just thinking about switching down to 2x instead of 3x because of the new phony bullshit they did with sweep. I mostly sweep+hide+ambush hunt, and being as I run out of stamina rather quickly, my hunting skills will suffer greatly. So I instead planned on pouring all those points into picking skills and elemental spells to 404.

Edaarin
04-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Man...way to make subdue even more useless Coase...

30 stamina to pull it off successfully, and you can't even tell if you have a good shot of doing it. Good lord.

Disrupture
04-01-2004, 11:15 AM
I only 2x, and I have no problem hiding even against critters older than me. I'm 21 and I can hide on Warfarers. Then again, animals are more perceptive, and I do sometimes have trouble with them. However, I don't really see a need to 3x hiding unless you do ranged combat .