PDA

View Full Version : level 95 empath training

Lord Orbstar
05-28-2010, 01:12 AM
BigPapaPump (at level 95), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 90 20
Shield Use.........................| 197 97
Brawling...........................| 165 65
Physical Fitness...................| 200 100
Arcane Symbols.....................| 90 20
Spell Aiming.......................| 292 192
Harness Power......................| 231 131
Mental Mana Control................| 195 95
Spirit Mana Control................| 90 20
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 180 80
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 150 50
Perception.........................| 195 95
Climbing...........................| 140 40
Swimming...........................| 150 50
First Aid..........................| 250 150

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 46

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 40

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 128

how does this look at a Pure caster training plan (CoL society)? I
do not want to mess with being disarmed, thus the shield/brawl. I plan
on using web bolt and empathic assault. and healing. Armor will be cuirbolli
instead of brig since i HATE spell failure. This will give me 332 mana and about 165 hit points. i have no plans to swing a wand.

Kithor
05-28-2010, 11:02 AM
If you plan on relying primarily on bolt spells you don't need to overtrain spells as much, consider dropping some if you want points for other skills.

If you plan on using Empathic Assault you'll want at *least* 5 ranks in Telepathy lore, preferably 20, I went for 40.

If you plan on relying heavily on web bolt you want your summoning lore at 1x or higher. You don't reach a guaranteed snare on like-level targets until 140 ranks. I managed to hit 140 ranks by around level 95, but I was exactly 2x in spells and 1x in HP which saved me a lot of points.

I'd get 20+ ranks in MIU so you at least have the option of using imbeds/statues/whatever.

4 more ranks SMC will speed up your Troll's Blood by 1 second. (-1 second every 25 skill)

If you have the points, going up to 2x PF will do wonders for your maneuver defense and sickness from 130.

I hunt primarily and heal when no one else is around. I've found 3x first aid + herbs, particularly since I can summon what I want with 1118, to work fine compared to Transformation lore and cost fewer TPs. I deal with 17ish RT to heal severe head/neck/body scars since we can't summon herbs for those, but it's really not that bad.

Monotonous
06-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Category: Empaths
Topic: Developer's Corner - Empaths
Message number: 1797
Author: GS4-ESTILD
Date: 9/27/2007 8:02:14 AM
Subject: Bone Shatter (1106) - Relevant Skills

I am not going to post any specific numbers, but as previously stated, I will inform players of the relevant skills which will affect the updated Bone Shatter (1106).

Mental Lore, Manipulation will now control the chance of instant death for a target. Take note that this lore shares the same role in the upcoming Wither (1115).

Mental Mana Control will lower the damage criticals thresholds of the spell. Meaning there is a baseline, which can be lowered by training in this skill.

First Aid is no longer a factor in the spell.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team

This seems relevant.

Kithor
06-13-2010, 09:13 PM
This seems relevant.

The instant-kill chance from Manip lore isn't really worth it. You never reach a particularly high percentage chance for it to work, and on top of that your chance for it to work is penalized if your endroll total is under 150, at which point you don't really need to rely on the instant kill to begin with. I train in Manip lore, but I wanted it for the TD pushdown on Empathic Assault. (I have 55 ranks manipulation, enough for a -10 TD pushdown each CS cycle and 40 ranks Telepathy, enough for 4 total CS cycles.)