PDA

View Full Version : What the?

Umpyr
03-31-2004, 08:44 PM
>You are beginning to feel a little fatigued.
[Roll result: 163 Penalties: 10]
You crouch, sweep a leg at a wind witch and connect!
A wind witch falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

What's this? Did I miss something?

Artha
03-31-2004, 08:46 PM
Guild skills were converted to the new combat maneuver system. I hate it, seeing as I have no CM training as an archer.

Umpyr
03-31-2004, 08:58 PM
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Sure the fatigue is realistic, but WHY? Come on now.

[Edited due to improper comma usage]

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by Umpyr]

Ambrosia
03-31-2004, 09:05 PM
If you havent mastered subdue, it's now 30 stamnia to attempt, good luck mastering.

It's 12 for sweep, and who knows what else for the others.

The guild now sucks.

AnticorRifling
03-31-2004, 09:07 PM
GS != real life

Please quit sucking the fun out of a GAME.

Let us have our fantasy world where we can wear full plate and do flips ala rogue gambits.

Jonty
03-31-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Guild skills were converted to the new combat maneuver system. I hate it, seeing as I have no CM training as an archer.

Huh? You don't need the CM training, though it helps..., you can still train in sweep in the guild....

Ambrosia
03-31-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah, but even guild sweep cost 12 stamnia, which sucks considering a lot of people who master sweep in the guild did so because they use it to sweep critters, so now with 60 stamnia you can sweep 5 critters. Anyone kill more than 5 critters a hunt? Theres not much use training in the guild now or even using the skills, not when you can use them 3-5 times each before you're completely out of stamnia.

Anebriated
03-31-2004, 09:13 PM
I dont think skills such as sweep should work as an archer. Sweeping is close range combat, archery is used at a distance.

Jonty
03-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Ambrosia
Yeah, but even guild sweep cost 12 stamnia, which sucks considering a lot of people who master sweep in the guild did so because they use it to sweep critters, so now with 60 stamnia you can sweep 5 critters. Anyone kill more than 5 critters a hunt? Theres not much use training in the guild now or even using the skills, not when you can use them 3-5 times each before you're completely out of stamnia.

I know that, but stamina has nothign to do with CM training... which is what I was replying to.

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by Jonty]

Umpyr
03-31-2004, 09:16 PM
Simu has gotten out of control. That's that.

Artha
03-31-2004, 09:29 PM
Fuck the guild. Thanks for taking all the usefulness out of the skills, Simu.

Way. To. Fucking. Go.

Jonty
03-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Why the fuck did the hide and/or change the formulas for the guild skills? WTF?! The might as well start hiding the AS vs. DS and CD vs TD formulas too...

:?:

Edaarin
03-31-2004, 10:59 PM
It's a bug, I'm pretty sure. The way that guild sweep works and cman sweep (replace sweep with any other guild skill) are supposed to operate on different mechanics and calculated in different ways. I'm not sure if they're going to require stamina points for skills learned in the guild or not, but I'm inclined to believe that if they do it will be at a reduced cost.

There was a lot of discussion about it on the official boards, and I'm sure I saw some GM comment that the guild would retain the MS system.

Kuyuk
03-31-2004, 11:02 PM
The new version of hunting:

"lets go hunt!"
"Ah, I'm out of stamina"
"But we havent left the north gate...?"

= Shitty.

Kuyuk

Celexei
03-31-2004, 11:06 PM
So a master of the guild skills......now has to work with Stamina? if so thats kinda...well shitty, i hunt alot more than 4 or 5 creatures per hunt, although i'm an archer, and i'm spendin my Cman on shadow mastery and hopefully Mfire when it comes out

Kuyuk
03-31-2004, 11:10 PM
Oh, I'm waiting for them to impliment swinging a weapon costing 5 stamina or so... "It's Just like real life!"

Kuyuk

Celexei
03-31-2004, 11:12 PM
oh wouldn't that just be great....:flamed: not to happy if the guild mastering is gonna now cost stamina

Edaarin
03-31-2004, 11:12 PM
It shouldn't be that bad. I rarely use anything other than sweep anymore, and 6 or so (I'm pulling this number off the top of my head) shouldn't kill you if you consider that as an archer you're recovering probably upwards of 30% of your stamina every minute (or is it pulse? I'm not sure about the timing of stamina recovery).

Jonty
03-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Celexei
So a master of the guild skills......now has to work with Stamina? if so thats kinda...well shitty, i hunt alot more than 4 or 5 creatures per hunt, although i'm an archer, and i'm spendin my Cman on shadow mastery and hopefully Mfire when it comes out

Yep, I mastered all my guild skills and it costs me 15 stamin to tackle.... Luckily, I don't use guild skills to hunt.

Kuyuk
03-31-2004, 11:14 PM
I hope you all know how to pick boxes... I dont think they're gonna make that into stamina related BS.

Good thing I'm almost 3x trained in it. I'm all set.

Kuyuk, now an East tower slut

Celexei
03-31-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Jonty

Originally posted by Celexei

Yep, I mastered all my guild skills and it costs me 15 stamin to tackle.... Luckily, I don't use guild skills to hunt.

well that just officially makes those guild skills shit

Jonty
03-31-2004, 11:19 PM
Holy shit, my guild skills suck now. I can't tackle a warrior that's 25 trains under me and in defensive stance now... WTF!

Edaarin
03-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Drektor can barely do anything to me when I'm in stance offensive, he has 15 levels on me.

Again, it's not going to remain this way. Chill.

Jonty
03-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Again, it's not going to remain this way. Chill.

How ya know?

Edaarin
04-01-2004, 01:45 AM
The lesson as always: I'm an idiot.

GM Coase is evaluating the current system (roll, penalties, etc) and taking player concerns for now, but the guild skills now require stamina and the MS system has been dropped.

Resume bitching.

Snapp
04-01-2004, 01:50 AM
I was happy with the new releases until I read this thread. Why do they always have to ruin things?

Vesi
04-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Does anyone know what causes you to have the penalty part of the roll when you sweep something/someone?

Vesi

Bobmuhthol
04-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Penalties are factored by whether the target is in roundtime, your armor, their armor, whether they're stunned or not, if they have any special protection against the maneuver or not, and sometimes what weapon you/they are wielding.

I'm sure there are more, as well. Encumbrance also seems to play a role.

Vesi
04-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Penalties are factored by whether the target is in roundtime, your armor, their armor, whether they're stunned or not, if they have any special protection against the maneuver or not, and sometimes what weapon you/they are wielding.

I'm sure there are more, as well. Encumbrance also seems to play a role.

Thanks Bob.

Sounds like a lot is factored in. I hate numbers. Guess I'll sweep someone completely stripped and go from there. I have a 5 penalty when doing guild reps.

Wonder if being a master helps? Anyone?

Vesi

Bobmuhthol
04-09-2004, 11:03 PM
As a master of two maneuvers, I can say with 99% certainty that being a master does not affect penalties.

Fengus
04-10-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm sure size is taken into consideration, for things like sweep.

Bobmuhthol
04-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Overall, yes. Penalties, no.

As far as I've seen, anyway.