PDA

View Full Version : People who can't get their roleplay straight

07-27-2003, 01:23 PM
You know... this has been bugging me for a long time. I run into someone... an old acquaintence in Ta'Illistim the other day named Dyva. I attended her wedding to Mordsithspawns 2-3 years ago as well. Low and behold, I look at her, and she's a half-elf from Ta'Faendryl. I blinked, because when you look at her last name, it's something like Alfgar'Ardennai or something like that. She even had Ardenai ale as a drink to her wedding. This sorta blew my mind, and I had to post it here.

Another person I've run into is a woman named Sedda. I vaguely remember he saying that she was part dark elf when I first met her. Then all of a sudden she's half-sylvan... and finally she's got her DR character all confused with her GS character and all of a sudden she's part raakasha.

Side from these two, are there any other people anybody has run into who can't get their backstory and roleplay straight?

Just a pet peeve of mine...

Seazarius

07-27-2003, 02:25 PM
Yeah there is this idiot Haashek that thinks he actually has done a lot of good and people are jealous of him.

- Arkans

07-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Yeah there is this idiot Haashek that thinks he actually has done a lot of good and people are jealous of him.

- Arkans

Heh nice! I'll have to agree with you there.

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 02:27 AM
I wouldn't write off people like that automatically Seazarius, though bearing in mind I have to agree most people these days wouldn't give a shit about the difference. But some characters despite being of one place DO hold allegiance to other areas or factions. For example I am sure someone out there must be a Dark Elf who RPs he is from Ta'Vaalor etc. I wouldn't just instantly designate them as a poor Rper. Hell they might be quite good, as which generic moo moo has back story these days? *sigh* I must be the only one.

Bobmuhthol
07-29-2003, 02:43 AM
Atheana [subdued]: "how ya doing?"
Gizzelle [subdued]: "Better now that the net is back.. ::Chuckles::"
Telekin [subdued]: "What is the deal with the jants?"
Telekin [subdued]: "Yes I agree Gizzelle.."
Telekin [subdued]: "Well met, I am Telekin.. are ye new around town Gizzelle?"

Wow, I didn't know Telekin had telekinetic powers. (Yes, I know what telekinetic is, I just had to make fun of the name.) He knows everyone's name, but nobody knows his until he greets them and introduces himself.