PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the Celtics Playoff Thread?

Ardwen
05-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Discuss the dismantling of the Orlando Magic here

RichardCranium
05-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Does it really matter? The Lakers will make the Celtics look like the Magic when it's all said and done.

Ardwen
05-22-2010, 11:09 PM
That remains to be seen, everyone thought Cleveland was going to walk thru the east to the finals. Games have to be played.

kookiegod
05-22-2010, 11:32 PM
The way the Celtics are playing D and Rondo taking his game to another level, dun be so sure.

Even money at the moment.

RichardCranium
05-22-2010, 11:47 PM
That remains to be seen, everyone thought Cleveland was going to walk thru the east to the finals. Games have to be played.

I don't know of one person that didn't think it would be the Celtics and Lakers in the Finals. The talking heads are idiots. Magic actually had the audacity to claim that Rondo and D. Williams were the two best point guards in the game today.

Latrinsorm
05-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Magic-Celtics is the first good point guard matchup of the playoffs, and the Celtics clearly have the upper hand. Howard can't consistently carry the team offensively (which puts him in the same camp as 99.9% of all NBA players in history). The entire rest of the team are fragile 3 point shooters and Gortat, who for some inexplicable reason is despised by the coaching staff. The Magic don't have a strong coach, so they don't really have a chance unless David Stern decides he's sick of Boston.

The Suns-Lakers series (shockingly) comes down to injuries. Lopez getting fully back and Bynum playing halfway swings the series - Suns in 7. There's no way Kobe will be able to repress Bad Kobe for a full Game 7.
I don't know of one person that didn't think it would be the Celtics and Lakers in the Finals.You seriously picked the Celtics to make the Finals at the beginning of the playoffs, after they finished .500 over their last 50 games or whatever it was, with Rasheed bricking 4 threes a game, KG gimping around like Willis Reed, and Krypto-Nate?

Keller
05-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Ya, coming into the playoffs there was, in my mind, a 0% chance the Cs made it to the finals.

Ardwen
05-24-2010, 06:30 PM
I couldnt find even a five hard core local Celtics fans that before the playoffs picked the Celtics to go to the finals, and after Game 3 against the Cavs almost everyone had written them off entirely, defense got turned on and teams started quitting.

Keller
05-24-2010, 06:36 PM
In other news, can you guys believe what happened to the Bruins?

/foreshadow

Ardwen
05-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Big difference is th bruins were crippled by injuries, Celtics are healthier now then they have been all year

Androidpk
05-24-2010, 06:42 PM
I couldnt find even a five hard core local Celtics fans that before the playoffs picked the Celtics to go to the finals, and after Game 3 against the Cavs almost everyone had written them off entirely, defense got turned on and teams started quitting.

I've had them picked to be in the playoffs since this season started.

Ardwen
05-24-2010, 06:46 PM
in the east in the playoffs isnt exactly a ringing endorsement, how far below 500 was team 8 this season?