PDA

View Full Version : What is the justification?

Izalude
03-31-2004, 02:14 PM
I posted this today on the official boards. I have a feeling it's going to get deleted, so I figured I'd post it here too.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=90&category=2&topic=11&message= 3556

I don't know about everyone else, but I cannot find any justification for why I should pay more for my account. I don't know about the stability of the other games, but Gemstone has been unstable since the release of GS4. We experience AT LEAST one crash just about every night. Time and time again, I see complaints about the Lag on the simutronics discussions folder...

I wouldn't have a problem paying the extra amounts for my account, if I saw justification for the price increase.

The customer service I've had all in all has been more bad than good. Forgive me if this is a bit hard to follow, as I took all the names out to protect the guilty:

I had a problem with the customer service E-mailings. I e-mailed with a list of complaints I had with a specific GM, and the Customer Service person E-mailed me back saying that the issues had been addressed already by someone else involved in the incident. I sent an e-mail back asking which issues, and he replied that all had been addressed. Now that blew my mind, because there were only 2 other people who were involved... One person is my best friend, and I live with the other person... The two of them certainly did not send any complaints... When I sent an e-mail back with those facts, he promptly stopped returning my e-mails. So I tried sending an e-mail to custserv@simutronics.com as stated in the initial e-mail to me... I never got a response. I sent the identical E-mail 3 times to that e-mail address over an 8 week period. Still no response. I had to speak in game with a GM to get it all straightened out... And even then, my initial complaint about the original incident was only addressed. To me it looked like a coverup... It took another 2 months to get that issue looked at. In the end, the only thing I know of is that Melissa was sent an e-mail about the problem. I got no acknowledgement that the issue was being addressed or anything. In trying to voice my complaint, I stacked on another one...

Here's what I don't understand...

Let's say you walk into the grocery store, and something happens with a member of the staff there. Let's say he was nasty, and generally unhelpful. You complain to the manager about this employee, and the manager says, "Okay sir, I will take care of it."

Now for a GM complaint its, "You won't know if any disciplinary action is given on the GM in question." Which to alot of people including me says, "Go waste your time doing something else, because we don't care about your complaint. If you don't like it? Tough. Go play another game." Now I know this isn't the philosophy of all the GM's that work for Simutronics. However, I do feel that it is the mentality of those in the upper eschelons of the Company.

If you feel this idea that many of us have is wrong, then Ted Whatley, Neil Harris, Melissa, and Solomon... I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Skirmisher
03-31-2004, 02:18 PM
Well said.

DeV
03-31-2004, 02:25 PM
That story sounds so similiar to stories that other simu customers have had with staff of gemstone. Izalude glad you shared. What the hell is wrong with these people? Once I called a GM.. got a game host that wouldnt grant a simple request as opening a attuned spidersilk cloak so I could get the contents out after I deleted the character (mine) that it was attuned to. I even told him I dont want the cloak, just the items since I had about 80 lbs worth of stuff in there. Game host says no, I tell him what kinda customer service am I paying for then. I call a Game Master and get it down in a heartbeat.

Problem with Simu is they have staff that are not trained to handle real world situations, real customer service issues. Its like they think its a game all the time.

Izalude
03-31-2004, 02:33 PM
They know that most of their customers are addicted, and that they can get away with it... (most of the time)

Galleazzo
03-31-2004, 03:19 PM
Besides which it's so fucking secretive. They don't tell NOTHING. They don't tell you about discipline, they don't tell you why they do things, their finances are a mystery, they don't tell you if they turn you down for an application, they don't say jack.

TheEschaton
03-31-2004, 04:09 PM
If Simu ever went public, they'd be forced to get into shape.

That, and I'd buy 5% of their market share. Muaha.

-TheE-

Bobmuhthol
03-31-2004, 04:13 PM
Boo hoo.