PDA

View Full Version : Going back to the basics

SpiffyJr
05-21-2010, 08:42 AM
In preparation for Shattered I have given up all my gear/silver on my character and started butt ass naked with weapons. I'm hunting just fine using 0x leather breastplate, 0x fist-scythe, and a 0x knuckle duster at level 24 but it got me thinking.

1) Where the hell do you get enchanted brawlers? Can you even?
2) Is it possible to get enchanted armor (other than metals) at an NPC?

Thanks

Kitsun
05-21-2010, 08:45 AM
1. No weapon shops have brawling weapons in magic metal form?
2. No. You'd have to wait for a merchant to roll by.

SpiffyJr
05-21-2010, 09:04 AM
1. I found a few 2x tiger-claws and fist-scythes.
2. Or an enchanting Wizard.

Maybe I should do wizard instead of rogue. The vast majority of people moving over to Shattered haven't played without millions of coin and/or high-enchant gear in a long time. This'll be interesting to see. I ran around town and managed to find 5 boxes I could sell to buy a copper lockpick. Now I have a full set of 0x gear and 20k in the bank! Yippee!

Kitsun
05-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Eblade is probably just going to be the +20 of choice for the first month or so. Once a mage hits 20, still need some time to get the enchants through.

daeler33
05-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Are you running a hunting rogue? I am still kinda new to the game, is brawling a good way to go? I have been 3x in picking and disarm but was thinking if I try shattered might go hunting rogue or maybe a warrior with the two weapon and brawling weapons set up.

SpiffyJr
05-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Are you running a hunting rogue? I am still kinda new to the game, is brawling a good way to go? I have been 3x in picking and disarm but was thinking if I try shattered might go hunting rogue or maybe a warrior with the two weapon and brawling weapons set up.

I'm doing fine but I'm only level 24. It's rare that I miss my mark even though I'm a halfling (-15as) and have 0x weapons (-20as).

I'd say edged is probably more powerful (and cheaper) but I like the additional hunting style Voln Fu provides. Voln Fu is pretty sick.

SpiffyJr
05-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Eblade is probably just going to be the +20 of choice for the first month or so. Once a mage hits 20, still need some time to get the enchants through.

Well, enchanting starts at 25 so it'll be at least 2.5-3 weeks before anyone gets that high. Then, you have to add in enchanting times so the first 4x weapons won't be available for a couple months, at least. I suspect most people will try to farm silvers and by from the NPCs.

Kuyuk
05-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Fuck, I'm just waiting a year so people will get 7x enchants, and then I'll disarm/curse them and steal their weapons.

<3 shattered

daeler33
05-21-2010, 10:52 AM
What about the scripters, wont they get levels pretty fast? from some of the things I see on here the scripters are gonna hit 30 in the first 2 weeks with a decent level script.

SpiffyJr
05-21-2010, 11:00 AM
No, they won't. I've been known to script my fair deal and I was barely able to achieve 29 or 30 in the 30 days. With no coin and no gear it'll be even harder to level that fast. Then you have to factor in all the griefing going on which will slow down progress.

Bobmuhthol
05-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Getting to 30 in a month isn't a big deal as long as you don't die, and you don't need to watch out for GMs (but you do have to watch out for players -- thus, as long as you don't die).

SpiffyJr
05-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Precisely. You don't have to look out for GMs but you do have to watch out for players. I'm not sure which is worse.

AnticorRifling
05-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Precisely. You don't have to look out for GMs but you do have to watch out for players. I'm not sure which is worse.

I'd say watching out for players would be worse in a scripting sense. I think players, especially in a "shattered" environment are going to have a lot more flexability in regards to fucking with a scripter.

Fallen
05-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd say watching out for players would be worse in a scripting sense. I think players, especially in a "shattered" environment are going to have a lot more flexability in regards to fucking with a scripter.

And if you die constantly, especially if you burn through your deeds and are departing, you will be in a massive hole in terms of negative experience modifiers. I doubt scripters will be rezzed all that often, unless they have their own, and I imagine said killer would just wait and try to kill your cleric too.

IorakeWarhammer
05-21-2010, 12:03 PM
the most successful people will be the self sufficient MAers who hunt remote areas

Jayvn
05-21-2010, 12:06 PM
OH..I had all my money on the people who just started playing gemstone because they were redirected by a google ad and recently left World of Warcraft that hunt in overpopulated high griefer filled areas.

graysun
05-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Cleric/wizard sounds like a solid team to play.

Nilandia's site has some good info about the standard, everyday shopping choices in all (most?) of the cities.

There's a decent amount of 4x gear available over the counter, for some weapon and armor types at least.

grossm
05-21-2010, 12:39 PM
the most successful people will be the self sufficient MAers who hunt remote areas

The most successful players will be teams of account-sharing MAers who work in shifts to grind 24 hours a day without ever leaving the accounts logged in unattended.

daeler33
05-21-2010, 12:50 PM
so if you are still in trial you cant play shattered right? I really wish they would seperate the accounts for shattered. I want to play but don't know if I want to pay 20$ to play.

AnticorRifling
05-21-2010, 12:55 PM
I really wish they would seperate the accounts for shattered. I want to play but don't know if I want to pay 20$ to play.

That sounds like a solid discussion point that hasn't been brought up.

daeler33
05-21-2010, 02:03 PM
It just seems silly since as a new player I would rather get in at the beginning with nobody being maxed out yet, which means everything is on an even footing, and pay my 15$ for that instead of paying 15$ for the regular instance and 5$ for shattered.

So does anyone know if you can try shattered out while still on your 30day trial?

Fallen
05-21-2010, 03:52 PM
It just seems silly since as a new player I would rather get in at the beginning with nobody being maxed out yet, which means everything is on an even footing, and pay my 15$ for that instead of paying 15$ for the regular instance and 5$ for shattered.

So does anyone know if you can try shattered out while still on your 30day trial?

No one will know for sure until Shattered is released, but I am going to guess no. It is 5 bucks on top of the normal pricing tier, so I highly doubt it. Not to be a downer, but I would guess your 30 day free trial will expire before Shattered is released.