PDA

View Full Version : What have you done.

crazymage
03-30-2004, 12:30 AM
no discussing in this thread i want to see whos actually closed ACCTs, or cut to basic + deleted slots. be honest

I had 2 premies 1 basic. cut them to all basic and am in process of gettin rid of slots.

84.00 before

50-55 or so after net loss of about 30 per month for simu.

ThisOtherKingdom
03-30-2004, 12:33 AM
I scaled down my premium account to a 1 character basic a month ago, which I just closed today.

Snapp
03-30-2004, 12:36 AM
I chopped off 3 characters. The price increase just made me realize how much money I waste on having characters I never, ever use.

Edit: I still have 2 basic accounts with quite a few characters... I'm not quitting.

[Edited on 3-30-2004 by Snapp]

Marl
03-30-2004, 12:42 AM
i dropped down from 2 prime accts with 7 chars to 1 prime acct with 2 chars

Ambrosia
03-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Currently in the process of going from 2 basic accounts with 5 extras to one basic with one extra

Scott
03-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Have you guys already done this or do you plan on doing it?

crazymage
03-30-2004, 12:50 AM
Already done, now no discussing! i just want to see cuts !

Marl
03-30-2004, 12:52 AM
i did mine about an hour ago i guess, wont take effect until tomorrow sometime i guess......all the extras were mules and i only play 2 chars anyway shrug, sold abunch of crap off, gave a bunch away etc etc

Edaarin
03-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Meh. If anyone wants a level 13 Human warrior named Kunyin, you can have it if you pay the transfer fee. Still has the fixskills option left. I'm going to delete the slot in a week if no one is interested.

EDIT: Warrior's gone! So, take that Simu! That's $2.50 you'll never see. I guess I'll sit outside my apartment and wait for the morning paper declaring ST LOUIS GAMING COMPANY BANKRUPT

[Edited on 3-30-2004 by Edaarin]

FinisWolf
03-30-2004, 02:57 AM
Had 2 premie, 4 standard, and 1 standard with an extra....

went to 9 standard....

am not going to no more events because of cost to standard accounts...

Saving to me of $577 a year

Finiswolf

Hips
03-30-2004, 02:59 AM
Cancelled as of a few moments ago.

It feels good to be free.

MPSorc
03-30-2004, 05:08 AM
dropping from 2 premie to 2 standard with 2 chars each, paying about half what i was before, been meaning to do this for a while, now they lit a fire under ma butt.

Zeyrin
03-30-2004, 06:16 AM
I had one premium account and one prime account with three extra characters.

My accounts close tomorrow in the next billing cycle.

Bub bye Simu.

DianaBanana
03-30-2004, 06:44 AM
I cancelled, but moreso because I simply wasnt playing. It's ridiculous how a text based game cost more to play than something like Everquest IMO.

Warriorbird
03-30-2004, 06:50 AM
14.95 doesn't bother me overmuch. I think Basic's worth it. 40 bucks for Premium was a step too far for me, however.

I'm cutting down to a basic account and one additional character slot.

Electrawn
03-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Hate to perform thread hijacking, but it's for a good cause. ;)

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=5780

Kuyuk
03-30-2004, 09:41 AM
I cut out 2 extra character slots, never used em anyway, just had them there for shits. How retarded am I for just having two unused extra characters slots on my account for months on end?

I coulda been buying another account with that money!

Kuyuk

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-30-2004, 09:46 AM
I canceled one standard account yesterday, and will be canceling one premium account when I get to it (transfering all the items and shit off).

I was already on the way to doing just that, so no big deal here.

Meos
03-30-2004, 09:50 AM
I'm gonna cancel my extra account leaving me with one basic... yeah, smart business Simutronics....

Sean
03-30-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
EDIT: Warrior's gone! So, take that Simu! That's $2.50 you'll never see. I guess I'll sit outside my apartment and wait for the morning paper declaring ST LOUIS GAMING COMPANY BANKRUPT

They still got 15 bucks out of you.

I'm debating consolidating my accounts into 1 .. 20 is better than 30

crazymage
03-30-2004, 10:03 AM
total revenue loss = 4369 SO far

Soulpieced
03-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Is there anything on the official boards expressing as much discontent as we are here?

CrystalTears
03-30-2004, 10:12 AM
I'd say so, SP.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=90&category=2&topic=11

Edaarin
03-30-2004, 10:41 AM
The sheer number of pages of complaints in the official boards made me not want to read it. Any arguments there that haven't been posted here yet?

Atlanteax
03-30-2004, 10:42 AM
I have two premium accounts with 1 char apiece.

At the moment, I can still absorb the price increase... but may eventually one day combine both chars into 1 premium account, which would be saving $40/m.

Will wait and see what the future premium benefits are like... as they've just released the "new Frostacres" and are still working on it. Nevermind the additional merchant services once Breakage is live.

If I'm disappointed, the 2nd premium account will disappear.

Parkbandit
03-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by crazymage
total revenue loss = 4369 SO far

I haven't done anything yet.. but I will either quit all together, which would be a loss of $52.35 or at the very least sell off my wizard, empath, ranger and bard and keep Falgrin... loss of $37.40

I haven't made a decision yet.

Edaarin
03-30-2004, 10:50 AM
I've just got too much time invested in my character to call it quits. I was planning on resuspending my account in a week or so anyway (after a friend's in game wedding) until some decent features are in. 7 finals to study for :(

Edited because I can't spell.

DeV
03-30-2004, 11:22 AM
I had 2 basic accounts with 2 extra slots each. I cancelled one yesterday actually before I even found out about the price increase. I'm keeping one account with one extra character slot. Im still gonna play and the price increase doesn't affect me as much as others, but I understand where alot of people are coming from.

Wezas
03-30-2004, 11:25 AM
I went to MMORPG.com and looked at their better rated games. (PC only, though EQ can be used with other platforms)

--------------------------------------------------------

Everquest - $5-$20 for game, so many versions.

$12.95/mo ($9.95 a month if you pay for a year, $8.33 if you pay for 2 years)
(or $21.99/mo if you want EQ, EQ:OA, Planetside, the upcoming EQ2, and 3 other games)

When did the EverQuest subscription rates take effect?
The new EQ subscription rate took effect on April 25, 2002.

So almost 2 years with no increases.

----------------------------------------

Dark Age of Camelot - $19.95 for Gold Edition (includes expansion and 1 month of service)

$12.95/mo ($11.95/mo for 3 month, $10.95/mo for 6 month)

-----------------------------------------

Planetside - $20 for game

$12.99/mo (or $21.99/mo if you want EQ, EQ:OA, Planetside, the upcoming EQ2, and 3 other games)

Asheron's Call 2 - $11-19.95, depending on where you shop (Buy.com = $11)

$12.95/mo

Ultima Online (hey, it was rated a 7.6) $9.95

$12.95/mo

------------------------------------------

So, MMORPG's that are graphical and are now where Gemstone once was.

Also, as far as I can tell there are no *premium* memberships, though you may be able to buy certain expansions or quests in the game.

Atlanteax
03-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Anyone else looking into World of Warcraft when it moves out of Beta?

I'm intrigued, because Blizzard really does a thorough job on their games.

However, I don't think I want to play in an environment that is completely blantant OOC/OOG with "WTF d00d?!" and crap like that.

Sure it happens in GS, but it's more of a minority in GS than in these other graphic games.

Makes me wonder if we're paying a premium to play a roleplaying game as opposed to a hack and slash with a "MMORPG" label slapped on it, like EQ.

Jonty
03-30-2004, 11:55 AM
I have 2 basic accounts and 2 extra character slots set to close at the end of this billing cycle.

Jonty
03-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Tijay

Originally posted by Edaarin

They still got 15 bucks out of you.

So, you gave the warrior to someone? If so... SIMU is also still getting that $2.50.

Meos
03-30-2004, 12:41 PM
anyone send me a link to the character transfer page, I can't find it anywhere in the my account section....

Galleazzo
03-30-2004, 12:45 PM
I ain't decided yet, but I'm thinking of dropping to basic +3 slots. Got a secondary I want to keep, and two locker characters'll do it. Means I got to give a lot of shit away that's crammed in lockers, but WTF.

Pulpit
03-30-2004, 01:09 PM
I closed 3 accounts yesterday 2 were basic one was premium ...

Pulpit

Mint
03-30-2004, 01:13 PM
I am closing the platinum portion of my account since I have used that part maybe for an hour total. Planned on doing that anyway so can't blame the price hike.

Wanderer
03-30-2004, 02:04 PM
I have 2 accounts I pay for mine was premie and wifes was basic. Now they will both be basic. Gotta be kidding me. I could have 3 EQ accounts with what they want for premium here. EQ might not be great RP and im sick of the game in general but least you got something for ya 13 a month.

Askip
03-31-2004, 09:22 PM
<< anyone send me a link to the character transfer page, I can't find it anywhere in the my account section >>

https://www.play.net/gs4/cservice/character_transfer.asp

see below:

>news 5 4

Dateline 11/12/2003: HOW TO TRANSFER CHARACTERS BETWEEN ACCOUNTS

The customer service department provides a character transfer service for moving characters from one Simutronics account to another. This service has a $15 fee associated with it, per character transferred to cover the time spent investigating the request. Investigations include verifying billing, ensuring that the transfer is approved by both parties, as well as making any needed adjustments to the subscriptions on the involved accounts. The fee will be applied to the receiving account unless otherwise noted.

The Requirements - You must be a customer in good standing with Simutronics. This means:
1. You must not owe any money from unpaid subscriptions;
2. You must have valid and current billing information;
3. You must not be under lockout status or in the process of being locked out.

To transfer a character from one Simutronics account to another, do the following. Go to the url https://www.play.net/gs4/cservice/character_transfer.asp and fill out the appropriate form depending on whether you are the transferring account or the receiving account. Both parties must fill out their portion of the Transfer Request Form before the character will be transferred.

A copy of the transfer request will be sent to the email address that we have on file for you. You may change your e-mail address at https://www.play.net/gs4/account/change_email.asp, and we recommend that you keep all of your personal information up to date.

A billing supervisor will review all billing information and read in-game logs for the character to be transferred. You will be notified when the transfer occurs, but if ten days go by without a change please check with the other party before writing to transfer@simutronics.com.

Note to Premium Home Owners: Due to technical difficulties, it is not possible to transfer characters who own Homes between accounts. Please see Home Help 3 and Home Help 14 for more information about removing a home ownership.

END NEWS ITEM

:D

Askip
03-31-2004, 09:26 PM
I cut a few extra character slots back when Simu did the retroactive billing business.

I plan on going from 2 premium to 1 premium & 1 basic after I move some inventory, and save about $300 yearly.

:D