PDA

View Full Version : SD Greataxe.

Ceyrin
05-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm looking at taking offers of trade/coin for my SD Greataxe from the '09 EG auction.

What I'd like to get: Entwined wands, spell knowledge enhancives, high end damage padded soft leather armors.

It's a nice weapon, but it A) doesn't suit my character and B) I don't use it as much as my katana.

SO...

a slim-bladed black alloy greataxe

Lightened 2x so it's now 7lbs

This is quite possibly the only THW shadowdeath weapon in prime.

Dripping tendrils of shadow cling to the impressive length of the greataxe's slender blade, growing less substantial and sublimating into dark mist as they part from the weapon completely. The stygian metal seems, at times, to be caught in state between liquidity and solidity, but its true edge is never less than razor-sharp. Faint carmine ornamentation is visible through the twitching and blurring of the blade. Above a hilt wrapped in mottled white leather, the guard is a simple twist of golden metal. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

For those of you who don't know what shadowdeath is...

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Shadowdeath_weapons_(saved_post)

Here are some shots of it in action which highlight how low and high the flares can be. They're pretty random in terms of how much damage they do, and I've seen higher than 75 even, but the flares themselves are pretty frequent.

Also, I should note that the 'wave attack' which is used to feed it can be done in casting RT, and success is influenced by stance, offensive being more successful.

You swing a slim-bladed black alloy greataxe at a hunch-backed dogmatist!
AS: +363 vs DS: +241 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +30 = +191
... and hit for 68 points of damage!
The hunch-backed dogmatist is backed up by a strong slash to her abdomen!
The hunch-backed dogmatist is stunned!

Ravenous tendrils of shadow burst forth from the black alloy greataxe, draining the very life from the hunch-backed dogmatist!
24 points of damage!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.

You swing a slim-bladed black alloy greataxe at a muscular supplicant!
AS: +363 vs DS: +246 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +57 = +211
... and hit for 73 points of damage!
Deft slash to the muscular supplicant's left leg digs deep!
Bone is chipped!
The muscular supplicant is stunned!

Ravenous tendrils of shadow burst forth from the black alloy greataxe, draining the very life from the muscular supplicant!
40 points of damage!

You swing a slim-bladed black alloy greataxe at a muscular supplicant!
AS: +362 vs DS: +220 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +2 = +181
... and hit for 51 points of damage!
Crack to the head swells eye shut.

Ravenous tendrils of shadow burst forth from the black alloy greataxe, draining the very life from the muscular supplicant!
7 points of damage!

You swing a slim-bladed black alloy greataxe at a hunch-backed dogmatist!
AS: +348 vs DS: +320 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +99 = +166
... and hit for 51 points of damage!
Quick, powerful slash to the hunch-backed dogmatist's right knee!
The hunch-backed dogmatist is knocked to the ground!
The hunch-backed dogmatist is stunned!

Ravenous tendrils of shadow burst forth from the black alloy greataxe, draining the very life from the hunch-backed dogmatist!
75 points of damage!

StrayRogue
05-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Why would anyone want damage padded leathers? I mean...srsly.

Fallen
05-06-2010, 01:53 PM
There is a good set of LBP out there that has Masterful level damage padding. Telare had it. No idea where it went after he sold out, though.

StrayRogue
05-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I had the exceptional set. Damage padding on leather = worthless.

Fallen
05-06-2010, 01:59 PM
I had the exceptional set. Damage padding on leather = worthless.

Maybe that is what I am thinking of. On a wizard, they can stack Stone skin, and if they are in Sunfist (which Telare was), they can stack HDP on top of that, along with HCP. I think at that point it starts to become worthwhile.

BriarFox
05-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Maybe that is what I am thinking of. On a wizard, they can stack Stone skin, and if they are in Sunfist (which Telare was), they can stack HDP on top of that, along with HCP. I think at that point it starts to become worthwhile.

I've got some 4x mdp doubles on my wizard. They're pretty awesome, especially with his other spells and GoS sigils.

StrayRogue
05-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Damage padding reduces the damage AFTER the crit. So you'll most likely die of 1 point hp crit deaths.

Nuc
05-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Damage padding reduces the damage AFTER the crit. So you'll most likely die of 1 point hp crit deaths.

That would be funny and quote worthy. Especially if it was my buddy Morph.

:club:

Fallen
05-06-2010, 02:27 PM

What sucks is, if you have enough crit padding as a pure, you can stave off the insta-kill, only to be bled out from stuff like Groin kick, hamstring, etc. It has nearly happened to me multiple times doing bandit tasks. I WILL agree with you that Crit padding trumps damage padding in nearly all instances, but wizards can get their hands on a good level of damage padding, and with Stone skin and GoS Minor Protection can get it to a fairly substancial level. I think a MCP suit of doubles is still the better way to go, but now you're talking about a small fortune. MDP doubles? They are downright affordable for the very reasons you named.

BriarFox
05-06-2010, 02:33 PM
What sucks is, if you have enough crit padding as a pure, you can stave off the insta-kill, only to be bled out from stuff like Groin kick, hamstring, etc. It has nearly happened to me multiple times doing bandit tasks. I WILL agree with you that Crit padding trumps damage padding in nearly all instances, but wizards can get their hands on a good level of damage padding, and with Stone skin and GoS Minor Protection can get it to a fairly substancial level. I think a MCP suit of doubles is still the better way to go, but now you're talking about a small fortune. MDP doubles? They are downright affordable for the very reasons you named.

Absolutely. I like MDP, Stone Skin, and Major Protection, which results in around +30 points damage padding (randomized 6-30) and +10 points crit padding (randomized 5-10). I think those numbers are right. Either way, it's incredibly effective. The crit padding prevents a lot of low-threshold crit kills and the damage padding keeps one from being bled out. You can also reduce damage on bolts, cmans, and SPELLS, which is very nice. I don't believe crit padding works on most spells, but damage padding will reduce damage from 409, for instance.

Morph
05-06-2010, 02:58 PM
That would be funny and quote worthy. Especially if it was my buddy Morph.

:club:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey! I'll stick with my 8x hcp doubles, thank you. Unless someone is looking to sell doubles with more than hcp :biggrin:

PS. :axe:

Nuc
05-06-2010, 03:18 PM
I only wanted the greataxe just to wave it at you by the statue.

Damn you for using the axe smilie before me

:die:

Morph
05-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I only wanted the greataxe just to wave it at you by the statue.

Damn you for using the axe smilie before me

:die:

Hmmmm I don't think you want to take our fights to the killing each other level in game :D

I don't think it would be good for your health. :devilsmile:

Ceyrin
05-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Why would anyone want damage padded leathers? I mean...srsly.

It's been mostly explained, but I'll expound on it a little further.

All I play are pures these days and I can't remember the last time I was straight up crit killed. This is while wearing either unpadded or low-end damage padded armor.

So then, how do I die, if at all? I get nickle and dimed to death, of course. Would crit padding reduce the stun duration and keep me from dying? Possibly, but I'm not really suffering from long stun durations from attacks, either. Since, you know, as a pure, we like to have a shit ton of DS.

Mostly the problem comes in the form of bind and other partial or full immobilization effects/spells. My DS takes a shit, and then the beatings begin.

So, the obvious answer to fixing this problem is to not lose as much HP while they're beating on my prone body. Stone skin is awesome, but it shatters after a point. Armor padding is forever.

So, I hope that answers your question. If it doesn't, then don't worry about it.

I'm one of those crazy people who likes damage padding. Got any you want to sell cheap?

Also :axe: <--- this is awesome, because it's pretty much exactly what it looks like when my wizard uses it. chopchopchopchop.

TheLastShamurai
05-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Can you stack the damage padding from the armor with the damage padding thingy from the AvG as well? That would be sweet.

Ceyrin
05-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Can you stack the damage padding from the armor with the damage padding thingy from the AvG as well? That would be sweet.

No, unfortunately. He won't put it on armor that already has padding, if I recall correctly.

DaCapn
05-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Absolutely. I like MDP, Stone Skin, and Major Protection, which results in around +30 points damage padding (randomized 6-30) and +10 points crit padding (randomized 5-10). I think those numbers are right. Either way, it's incredibly effective. The crit padding prevents a lot of low-threshold crit kills and the damage padding keeps one from being bled out. You can also reduce damage on bolts, cmans, and SPELLS, which is very nice. I don't believe crit padding works on most spells, but damage padding will reduce damage from 409, for instance.

Had it from Paul that for a set of padded armor with n point of padding, crit padding is randomized between 1 and n and damage padding is randomized between 5 and n.