PDA

View Full Version : Question About Gem Purifying

Ambrosia
03-28-2004, 10:59 PM
When singing to gems, how do you know when a gem is close to being purified or at it's max before it explodes?

Anyone mind helping me out on the few key words please? Thanks.

ElanthianSiren
03-28-2004, 11:02 PM
Check the messaging:

The gem sparkles and appears purer in color yada yada (still safe)

The Gem improves somewhat (getting pretty dangerous)

The gem crackles and strains under the weight of your song (stop singing RIGHT friggin now)

-Melissa

TheEschaton
03-28-2004, 11:02 PM
There's a message which sounds something like "the soandso seems to purify somewhat." That's the red light. Green light is "glows luminously", the yellow one is something about something else.

"somewhat" is the key word I highlight and look out for, and I stop after that.

-TheE-

Celexei
03-28-2004, 11:04 PM
ya can always loresing to it to check as well

Ambrosia
03-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Thank you, you probably just saved me about 50 hands and 100 gems. :)

ElanthianSiren
03-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Celexei
ya can always loresing to it to check as well

I'm not sure under GSIV, but under GSIII, loresinging lowered the value of the Gem (according to Kiera's ex who was a bard)

-Melissa

TheEschaton
03-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Loresinging sets the value at what the bard sings the value at, which is usually lower than what the gemshop would of normally offered for it, yes.

-TheE-

Vesi
03-29-2004, 02:06 AM
My bardess loresings, but doesn't ask the normal first question most bards ask... about weight or value. She skips to the second and if it's not an orb, she purifies. An old bard told her this and it works. (the gem will still answer you and tell you if an orb or not) Saves mana also.

Never heard about loresinging setting the value. Will have to test that.
Vesi

Galleazzo
03-29-2004, 03:15 AM
Ain't no smart bard dares purify past somewhat. Careful bards stop at "hums" and don't purify the same gem more than 5 times.

FinisWolf
03-29-2004, 04:08 AM
Dun listen to Celexei, her bard is all of like 10 trains, she means well, but she is still jes learning.

Finiswolf

Ambrosia
03-29-2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by FinisWolf
Dun listen to Celexei, her bard is all of like 10 trains, she means well, but she is still jes learning.

Finiswolf

Hehe, I figured that she totally misunderstood my question or something.

The other people pretty much answered me on what was the Green, Yellow and Red signals for common words in the purifying areas. Thanks everyone.

Mint
03-29-2004, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Ain't no smart bard dares purify past somewhat. Careful bards stop at "hums" and don't purify the same gem more than 5 times.

Why is your avatar all of a sudden doing stuff? It has like a little movie inside it now...maybe I am just tired.

TheEschaton
03-29-2004, 11:45 AM
about weight or value. She skips to the second and if it's not an orb, she purifies. An old bard told her this and it works. (the gem will still answer you and tell you if an orb or not) Saves mana also.

I usually just sing to it, and, if on the first cast of 1004, it can't be purified any more, you sing to find out if it's an orb or a mage rechargeable. That saves the mana because more likely than not, it'll be able to be purified, and when it can't, you waste 4 mana, as opposed to loresinging each time, where you'd lose more than 4 mana per loresing for a gem that isn't an orb/rechargeable.

-TheE-

Galleazzo
03-29-2004, 12:47 PM
You're tired, Mint darlin'. My avatar always had Cap'n Jack waving like a nutbar. Pour yourself a stiff one, draw a long hot bath, and take next morning off.

Vesi
03-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
I usually just sing to it, and, if on the first cast of 1004, it can't be purified any more, you sing to find out if it's an orb or a mage rechargeable. That saves the mana because more likely than not, it'll be able to be purified, and when it can't, you waste 4 mana, as opposed to loresinging each time, where you'd lose more than 4 mana per loresing for a gem that isn't an orb/rechargeable.

-TheE-

I only spend 4 mana loresinging to see if it's an orb. Notice I said above... you don't have to ask about weight and value to see if it's an orb.(thus not 'setting' the price) If it is... no more mana is spent. If it is not... then you loresing to purify.

I've done it this way for 5 years. This is a personal preference. You lose the 4 mana either way so I guess you're not saving mana but you certainly aren't wasting any.

Sorry to the original poster... the answers about the green, yellow, red are right. However, I loresing to purify until I get the message about the gem improving somewhat. I've seen over the years it's worth it to push all my gems to that point for the extra coins... a gem can blow on first sing to purify or tenth. As long as you're watching those messages, you'll do fine.

Vesi

Artha
03-30-2004, 05:47 PM
So yeah...what's the question you ask to see if it's an orb?

Vesi
03-30-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Artha
So yeah...what's the question you ask to see if it's an orb?

I'll U2U it if you want. Some people might like to find out on their own.

Vesi

Galleazzo
03-30-2004, 05:55 PM
No question, per se. Loresing it and you'll find out.

Vesi
03-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
No question, per se. Loresing it and you'll find out.

True. I love loresinging items. Coaxing information out of them. Too bad my songs suck too much for the public. (at least in my opinion) I don't do hand/land though!

Vesi

Norator
12-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Ok...so I's pathetic, I do use hand an land, an thx for the signals, up till now, I was jes appraising it after two verses of purifying, and stopping at certain values, like above average, or better at first, an now, at fair, but rock on.

Czeska
12-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Point that Vesi made bears repeating..
A gem can blow up on the first try, or go right from Green to BOOM. There are no guarantees.
Also, I have sung many gems to pure before. Meaning yellow.. hmm let's push it.. Yellow.. eep so risky.. OOO can't purify further.
All depends on what you're hand's worth to you.
Czeska used to blow up rubies on purpose cause it made her sis/best friend laugh. Helps that the best friend/sis is an empath.