PDA

View Full Version : The color of death?

longshot
07-27-2003, 12:00 PM
What color do you use to mark people that you would kill on sight?

Do you have different colors for different people, or one generic "color of death" for lack of a better term?

I use a red outline with black text.

Stands out really nice.

Scott
07-27-2003, 12:04 PM
Red font with a white background.

Soulpieced
07-27-2003, 12:07 PM
I don't use highlights on PC's. All peons are equal.

peam
07-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Bright green.

Bobmuhthol
07-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Horrible shit-brown color with a black background. I highlight people who are complete morons but aren't going to get killed by me in bright green with a black background.

Bobmuhthol
07-27-2003, 09:43 PM
You use white? I pity you. Grey is much more efficient.

Chyrain
07-27-2003, 10:49 PM
I highlight everything...my problem is..even if they're in my generic "red" list (not ones I kill, but people i'd rather stay away from) after a few months, I forget why they're highlighted.

that goes for everyone, actually. I dont remember why anyone is highlighted...just that they are.

Warriorbird
07-28-2003, 02:06 AM
I use non standard foreground and background colors, but no highlights. Now, squelches? I have a ton of those.

Chyrain
07-28-2003, 02:12 AM
that reminds me: what the hell is a squelch? I never took the time to figure that one out.

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 02:14 AM
Never got the hang of squelches. I always thought even Warclaidhm MAY (and I use may in the loosest possible terms) say something of interest one day, so I don't want to risk missing it by having him squelched. Now highlights I do use.

Red for merchant
Bright purple for baddies/marks
Dark Blue for famous people
Green for family
Yellow for friends

Plus I use light blue for all the spells so that I know when they drop even if they are lost in a sea of screen scroll. Same applies for a few Arkati symbols and other things like cloud, void, storm etc.

Drew2
07-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Squelches just mean that any line the word you enter is in, it deletes it. Or just can delete the word. So, people put names there so they never have to hear, see, or smell the person.

My colors are..
Fuscia for Friends
Light blue for idiots, though I've been switching to puke brown
Yellow for very special people
Blue for socks (Yep, that's right. Evil gets its own color.)

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 08:24 AM
I don't have a kill on sight.. but I do have a 'Drop what you are doing and steal this idiot clean' list. It's highlighted red.

My other highlights are:

Skyblue - Friends
Brown - Rogues
White - Clerics
Yellow - Empaths
Blue - Staff, NPC, Merchants

longshot
07-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
I don't have a kill on sight.. but I do have a 'Drop what you are doing and steal this idiot clean' list. It's highlighted red.

I really need to saddle up and play a rogue one of these days...

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by longshot

Originally posted by Parkbandit

I really need to saddle up and play a rogue one of these days...

If you enjoy roleplaying conflict... the thief is the best profession. It's not a get quick rich type skill (Well, my thief did steal Zhagen's mage rechargable gem.. sold for 3 mill) but it will allow you to get back at those who believe they are "untouchable".

Nothing more insulting than showing an old jackass a nice diamond you took from his opened bag. :bouncy:

Zacciwie
07-28-2003, 04:13 PM
I highlight all the people I don't like in red with the black background. Evil evil NPC's get either red with purple (or whatever the purplish color is on the wizard) background or purple with red background... Can't remember. Just regular bad NPC's get red with cyan background.

Bright green on bright blue- friends
Bright blue- merchants
Yellow on cyan (or green)- NPC's
Yellow on brown- Ebon's Gate
Yellow on dark green- Other merchant events
Yellow on black- my name (to help see it when there's a bunch of scroll)
Bright blue on grey- announcements and sends
Grey on dark green- used with the "Also here:" and such to quickly see if someone was in a room
Magenta- things like tents and wagons
Red- bad people and things like implosions, maelstroms, gas clouds, and such
White- critters (so I don't run past any)

Artha
07-31-2003, 12:54 PM
Dark red with transparent background for people who annoy me.
Green for 'family'.
Gold for merchants.