PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2 Beta Key

Morph
04-29-2010, 11:00 PM
I have an extra SC2 beta key. I'd take offers of GS silver for it. Lemme know if anyone is interested.

Drew
04-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Rimalon gave me one for free.

Danical
04-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Extra means you have one now. Would you like me to pwn you?

Bnet tag = vulvamancer.vulvamancer

Tilnam
04-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Can't see this worth much since anyone can get a free beta key now by preordering the game.

Morph
04-29-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't really play. I've been letting a friend use my first key. I may just keep this one for myself. I can see if he wants to play you though. He says he's pretty good.

Morph
04-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Can't see this worth much since anyone can get a free beta key now by preordering the game.

Oh I didn't know this. I'll just keep it then.

Danical
04-30-2010, 02:43 AM
Yeah. :(

Might as well play though!

Very polished game in regards to the score and graphics. I'm a zerg macro player but find myself playing terran more because the score is so well done; pseudo Firefly - cowboys in space - kind of feel.

Morph
04-30-2010, 03:28 AM
Yea I'll prolly start playing a bit over the summer. I always liked protoss so I'll probably start with them, even though I heard terran are really overpowered.

Danical
04-30-2010, 03:50 AM
Yea I'll prolly start playing a bit over the summer. I always liked protoss so I'll probably start with them, even though I heard terran are really overpowered.

No race is overpowered.

Currently, the problem is a particular unit composition is dramatically overpowering compared to other unit compositions such that no recovery is possible; if you build wrong because you didn't scout or scouted poorly, you will absolutely lose to an equally skilled player. Although, scouting is a huge part of what makes a good player. Insofar as micro is concerned, it always goes back to unit composition, timing, and execution.

In summation: race doesn't matter much.

I still think, thematically, Zerg doesn't quite work compared to SC1. Terran feels the most thematic and toss still needs help; in almost every game against someone that isn't a newb, toss is forced to go robo and that doesn't encourage change/innovative builds - boring and bad design.

Morph
04-30-2010, 03:56 AM
What league are you in? Platinum?

septus
04-30-2010, 12:37 PM
I've played a handful of games. It feels a lot slower to me. Not really the resources or anything, but just how long it takes to make units. Is this just because of how long it's been since I've played or is this actually true?

septus
04-30-2010, 12:39 PM
I still think, thematically, Zerg doesn't quite work compared to SC1. Terran feels the most thematic and toss still needs help; in almost every game against someone that isn't a newb, toss is forced to go robo and that doesn't encourage change/innovative builds - boring and bad design.

I played as Zerg a couple of days ago.. Feels like they're missing units, especially air based. Terran seem to have the most units to me, but I haven't gone through and compared. Protoss does pretty much feel like you need to always go ground with the robos or else you can't get enough damage out at once.

Sean of the Thread
04-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Totally off topic but I just got the original SC and expansion. Once I get my skills in order IT'S ON BABY!

post script...

Any tips? I need help.

Durgrimst
04-30-2010, 12:49 PM
How nice of a system is needed to play SC2?