PDA

View Full Version : infusing bonded weapon

LizardClan1
04-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Friends,

I'm now level 3 bonded to my superior maul, and can infuse spells into the weapon.

Which should I infuse? 1614 or 1615?

Thanks,
-LizardClan1
AIM: LizardClan1

Izzy
04-21-2010, 08:57 AM
It's possible you're already aware, and that your training is sufficient but there is a formula that limits the spell level that can be infused.

(bonding level - 2) × 4 + Lores (seed 2) (http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Summation_chart)

So for you to infuse a 15th level MnS or Paladin spell you would need 77 ranks of SL: Summoning

(3 -2) = 1
1 * 4 = 4
15 - 4 = 11 lore bonus

11 bonus on seed 2 = 77 ranks

Edit: and to answer your actual question, I always used to infuse 1615.

Also, another note on the spell level requirements, in once you hit rank 5 bonding you can infuse 1615 with only 5 ranks SL: summoning.

thefarmer
04-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I (and most paladins I know) don't bother infusing at all.

Mainly because of the fact the mana cost is taken when the flare goes off, NOT when it's infused. I'd rather just cast the spell when I want then worry about possibly frying my nerves and/or having it go of when it's not needed.

Also, there's the fact that it's a 1 infuse=1 flare. It's annoying to keep up with.

Izzy
04-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I (and most paladins I know) don't bother infusing at all.

Mainly because of the fact the mana cost is taken when the flare goes off, NOT when it's infused. I'd rather just cast the spell when I want then worry about possibly frying my nerves and/or having it go of when it's not needed.

Also, there's the fact that it's a 1 infuse=1 flare. It's annoying to keep up with.

This is actually more true than my claim that I "always used to infuse 1615." It was pretty rare. However, it is kind of neat when you manage a double plasma flare + 1615 flare all in one. But yeah, in general not worthwhile.

Ugotfaced
04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
This is one of the many 'eh, it should be better' moments of the paladin class.