PDA

View Full Version : Cash hunting?

Kurili
07-27-2003, 12:42 AM
Alright, I do understand, looting, cash-hunting, but am I the only one who thinks this is just a bit much?

Fame of 5710230, CS of 160....in kobolds outside Solhaven. During peak hunting hours. And yes, not passing through, hunting the kobolds.

I just dunno

I dunno

StrayRogue
07-27-2003, 01:07 AM
The key to cash hunting is not level, but volume of kills. When coin hunting, I always hunt atleast half my level, simply so I can kill as fast as possible, have no risk dying, and not waste any mana.

07-27-2003, 02:24 AM
What goddamn lack wit cash hunts kobolds?

- Arkans

smarty pants
07-27-2003, 02:38 AM
a smart person, thats who.

07-27-2003, 03:36 AM
If your definition for smart is wasting your time with one of the poorest monsters in GS3.. I guess said person is a goddamn genius. Where is my mind?

- Arkans

07-27-2003, 01:28 PM
I have that same problem with Xeldria in vruul, and Drizzsdt in myklians. The two of them script hunt, so unless you write your own script, there's no way to keep up. Xeldria's script is also imperfect. She comes into my room and skins and searches my vruul I kill and then runs off with my skin. And unfortunately, there's not a god damn thing I can do about it.

Seazarius

Soulpieced
07-27-2003, 01:43 PM
Sure there is, flag killgroup. That should prevent her from skinning your thing, and if her script sucks, might even throw her in a loop.

Trinitis
07-27-2003, 01:44 PM
hrm..I guess I'm a bad person too. Hehe

Exp hunt in Thyrils, and Cash hunt in nightmares. Bad Adredrin, Bad!

-Adredrin

07-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin

-Adredrin

Don't you mean the other way around?

peam
07-27-2003, 03:00 PM
Report those script hunters. Second time they catch you is a 30 day lockout. I know from experience.

Soulpieced
07-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Report those script hunters. Second time they catch you is a 30 day lockout. I know from experience.

I got my warrior to level 30+ strictly off script hunting. If you attempt to call yourself a good script hunter, your script should be ready for lots of different situations and you shouldn't be caught. Not doing it AFK (or in my case, at least half pay attention) should keep you safe.

07-27-2003, 04:59 PM
Problem is, they're not really AFK. They're half paying attention. As soon as something goes wrong, they respond within 30 seconds max.

Trinitis
07-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Sharkie17

Originally posted by LordAdredrin

-Adredrin

Don't you mean the other way around?

Not at all. I cannot learn in Icemule or landing (I think I can still learn from the random ammounts of older Illoke, but I don't really like the hunting area..). So I learn from picking thyril boxes in icemule, and gain silvers from Shadow Mares/Steeds skins.

-Adredrin

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 07:08 PM
I did the same thing with Kranar. Even at level 100 I would hunt level 20 critters and actually fry from picking the boxes.

FishSticks
07-28-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Kranar
I did the same thing with Kranar. Even at level 100 I would hunt level 20 critters and actually fry from picking the boxes.

I remember awhile ago I went script hunting for the first time. It was in rats. This was awhile ago, and I still remember what happened ..

I was using a script hunt in rats, I was doing different things, (Getting up to get a coke from the fridge) while I was script hunting. When I came back, I noticed..

SEND Kylia: Hello, are you there?
>
30 seconds later ..
>
You blink.
>
You say, "yeah"
>
SEND Kylia: Okay! Just checking, thank you!

NOTE: I cant seem to remember her name. But she is a female GM and quite nice.

Warriorbird
07-28-2003, 01:57 AM

Trinitis
07-28-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by FishSticks

Originally posted by Kranar

I remember awhile ago I went script hunting for the first time. It was in rats. This was awhile ago, and I still remember what happened ..

I was using a script hunt in rats, I was doing different things, (Getting up to get a coke from the fridge) while I was script hunting. When I came back, I noticed..

>
30 seconds later ..
>
You blink.
>
You say, "yeah"
>

Is it me, or did this post have NOTHING to do with the quote he placed? I mean..I could be loosing my mind..but..

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 02:48 AM
Oh I agree, hunting Kobolds for money is useless.

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 03:18 AM
Get the hell out of my message boards, Warshek.

longshot
07-28-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by FishSticks

>
30 seconds later ..
>
You blink.
>
You say, "yeah"
>

Thirty seconds of doing other things online?

Riiiight you were getting a coke:yes:

Way to clean up in time to get a "yeah" in there.

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 03:33 AM
Luckily, I don't need to get up and get a drink from a big bulky machine. I have a mini fridge with a 25-can capacity sitting right next to me. It pwnz.

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 03:49 AM
What happens if you need to go to the toilet?

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 03:49 AM
I have to walk. :(

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 03:56 AM
Gutted.

CrystalTears
07-28-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by longshot

I don't get this part. You don't remember the GM's name and it says right there Kylia? :?:

longshot
07-28-2003, 07:07 AM
Closed head injury is my guess...

Parkbandit
07-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Leave it to Warclaidhm to cash hunt rats.

Zacciwie
07-28-2003, 09:12 PM
I tried script hunting rats once... The darned script went too fast and I got about fifty "You may only have 1 type ahead line." (or whatever the message is) before I could cut it off. After that, I never touched another hunting script save for my item pickup one.

Anyway, about cash hunting.... I had my share of raiding certain spots (stone trolls, spectral monks, fenghai...) before they became poor, but I was still able to learn from them at the time I was cash hunting them... save for spectral monks. I wiped that place clean once undead became searchable. Now I know why so many complained about clerics getting all the good treasure. That was the only place (which only a few were hunting) I ever cleared out. Usually the other places had a practically endless amount of wealth and everyone had a chance to get some. Eventually, they lost their wealth all of a sudden (like a day or two) and that was that.

I really hated when people who were 2-4+ times my level coming into the place where I was hunting and completely clearing it out. Wraithenmist was a favorite place for quite a few of the higher leveled players. They'd come in with their group of one or two other characters (mostly pet characters) and hunt nonstop for a day or two. I could understand them simply coming in and getting a bit here and there for deeds, herbs or a bit of extra cash, but not clearing the place completely out. You don't see some 40 trained player going into OTF or the Rift and clearing it out.

Ugh, I really hated that excuse of them needing deeds so they go to younger grounds and cash hunt.... Gads, if you need deeds that much, don't die or just stop hunting all together. Younger people have to stop spending money and buying deeds when some uber leveled player/s come along and loot their source. I'm glad about this new DR point thing. People will not be quite as dependant on deeds as they used to be and hopefully this will lower the amount of cash hunting if only by a fraction.

Bobmuhthol
07-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Scripts that pick items up are Bobmuhthol. I use Ctrl + G to bring up the dialogue box, type in what I want in my mantle, and press enter. Better than a script? Yes.

[Edited on 8-20-2004 by Tsa`ah]

Zacciwie
07-28-2003, 09:28 PM
It's just as simple as any other pickup macro. Now let me ask you this... Can your way of doing it pick up more than one item without having to press the same macro over and entering a new item? Doesn't sound like it. A script, on the other hand, can pick up quite a bit more with only one command.

Zacc, remembering his old .pickup <item> <item> <item> <item>...etc. script

Neildo
07-28-2003, 10:38 PM
>>>>I don't get this part. You don't remember the GM's name and it says right there Kylia? <<<<

It's because that part of the log was made up. :P

A send is supposed to be in brackets.

- N