PDA

View Full Version : Writable books?

Ormr
04-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Fer once I'm stumped, I'm cleaning up a locker and I found these...

You tap a dark silk-wrapped volume.
You tap a twilight grey leather volume.
You tap a silver-worked black leather volume.

From what I was able to google, they are 50page writable books that you can turn into your masterpiece stories? I donno. They have some scripts, and have nothing on em that I've seen in the pages when opening.

Value? I saw a post from Wrathbringer that had em being sold for 2m each. Not sure if that's their value, but I'm open to thoughts on what I should sell them for. Thanks!

Ryvicke
04-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I bought one on BO from Wrathbringer a few weeks ago for 750k. It also had a wearable quill. I'd be interested whenever you put these up.

Nilandia
04-15-2010, 04:03 PM
I've been seeing writable books selling in the playershops for 250k a piece. They sold off the rack for at least 100k. You will need a quill or some sort of writing instrument to get them to work, however.

Gretchen

Ormr
04-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Welp, I got the wearable quills...plus the bookmarks, and the pages inside. I don't know how it works but /shrug.

mgoddess
04-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't know how it works but /shrug.
When Held
>open journal - You carefully open your black leather journal, revealing the smooth pages of vellum within.
>close journal - You gently close your black leather journal, taking care not to bend any of the pages.
>look in journal - In the black leather journal you see a a fluffy black feather quill and some creamy vellum pages.
>rub journal - You absently rub your hand over the cover of your black leather journal.
>turn journal - You turn your cloth-bound journal over, running your hand lovingly over its cover.
>flip journal - You rapidly flip through the pages of your journal, looking for a particular passage.
>look page - You scan the text on the page before you.
>write journal; - You make a writing motion at the black leather journal. (Must have quill to write in book)

>turn page - This turns the page from 1 to 2 to 3...
>flip page - This turns the page from 3 to 2 to 1...

>clean page - You gently wave your fingers over the page as you consider erasing what is written there. (Clean the page again within 30 seconds to clear this page.)
>clean page - You gently wave your fingers over the page, and the writing vanishes as if it never was.

>write journal; <blah>
You bend over your journal and add some additional thoughts to the page. (Note: To insert a line break in your writing, use the | symbol.)

>read journal
The page, written in (whatever language you spoke in at the time you wrote), reads as follows:
<blah>

<journal> will be whatever verb (journal, book, volume, etc.) your item's base is. <vellum> will be whatever material your pages are made of (vellum, papyrus, etc.). <quill> will be whatever sort of quill you use.

Ryvicke
04-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Don't forget TEAR--the pages are removable and can be given to people or just left around Elanthia. A great way to advertise your new sylvan harem.

Ormr
04-15-2010, 05:08 PM
No wonder yer interested in em ryvicke heh. I am going to end up selling all 3, probably together. I have 1 quill, 1 bookmark, and they all 3 list as having pages inside when looking.

Queleri
04-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I've been seeing writable books selling in the playershops for 250k a piece. They sold off the rack for at least 100k. You will need a quill or some sort of writing instrument to get them to work, however.

Gretchen

This was my thought as well. I did see a folio that works the same way sell here on PC for 500k. So 250k-750k depending on the buyer I suppose.

Ormr
04-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Talked to some of my friends, and two of em had sold books, 1 of them sold two for 1.2 each, with 1 quill between the two. Is this an unreasonable amount to expect, what with recent sales on PC and Officials reaching 750k-1.25mil that I've seen within two months?

Misun
04-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I bought mine for 50k...lucky me?

Fleurs
04-16-2010, 12:07 AM
I bought a bunch in playershops for 250k