PDA

View Full Version : Raliel Drops the Damn Hammer

crb
04-12-2010, 02:19 PM
:rofl:

Dear ASPEN,

The following message has been removed from the Developer's Corner - Sorcerers topic for the use of a vulgarity, which is a violation of Simutronics Terms and Conditions (TAC). The policy states that the use of certain words or phrases is forbidden in Simutronics products since this is a family-oriented service.

Even when these words are masked by the use of substitute symbols, if the word is recognizable, it is against policy.

I can understand that you feel frustrated at times but out of respect to the other players, that kind of language is not acceptable for public posting.

Please feel free to re-post your message with the violation removed. If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

~Raliel~
~Platinum Forum Moderator~
==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
Forum: GemStone IV
Category: Sorcerers
Topic: Developer's Corner - Sorcerers
Msg#: 6514
Subject: Re: dikar'fyn Rune

god damn savants

==== END COPY OF POST ====

We're now required to use words like gorram or darn in the forums, and I imagine in game as well.

Almost makes me god damn miss Emeradan.

Lumi
04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
It was totally the "god", not the "damn" ;)

Celephais
04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
They're just trying to get another $5 a month from you, censor more of the normal forums, make you move to shattered, swear away!

4a6c1
04-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Ooooh. Shattered forums. It could be fun.

crb
04-12-2010, 02:55 PM
It was totally the "god", not the "damn" ;)

Oh, its a Christian thing? Should I say "Gods Damn" like in BSG, to make it pagan? Is it okay to ask pagan gods to damn something? Not Christian gods?

"Lorminstra Damn It All to Lornon" perhaps to be IC?

Perhaps I erred in doing it too close to the easter holiday? When perhaps Raliel was sitting at home watching Charleton Heston remind her Thou Shalt Not Take The Lord's Name in Vain.

Of course... if you're going to break one commandment... There is that other one "Thou Shalt Not Have Any Other Gods Besides Me" which, in addition to showing Jehovah's insecurity, would seem to be broken by our roleplayed worship of Koar, Onar, Luukos, and the lot. I don't think "we're just roleplaying" is going to cut it with Mr. Fire and Brimstone up on Mount Sinai.

:wtf:

Ormr
04-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah and when you open the shattered forums it has a theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Ijb0Ndw-g

StrayRogue
04-12-2010, 02:59 PM
It's silly to think they're going to treat everyone the same on the official boards. If you're known as an annoying, confrontational poster, Yes, I expect them to pull you up for any and every little thing.

Fallen
04-12-2010, 03:07 PM
She pulled my post for using the word hell. As in "hell, that's a good idea."

crb
04-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Hmmm.

Perhaps you should have said H E Doublehockeysticks.

Raliel is, apparently, our own little evangelical christian.

ElvenFury
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
At this point, Fallen probably gets posts pulled for using contractions.

Nilandia
04-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Well, technically I suppose you were against forum policy. There is a line about no obscenity, which he pretty much quoted to you.

9. No vulgarity or obscenity. This includes "masked" vulgarity where you substitute symbols for letters (such as $ for S); however, if the word you intended to use is still obvious to all, it is a violation. Sometimes it's hard to determine which words are considered "vulgar." If you wouldn't say it to your grandmother or in a job interview, don't say it here.

So I guess he had grounds to pull it, but either I've gotten to posts before the mods have, or I've seen them not pull similar posts in the past. I dunno.

Gretchen

Stunseed
04-12-2010, 04:43 PM
They are just stopping the Klaiv/irilneus uprisings before they can begin. Otherwise you might just be the savior of GS again with another Michael Moore-like petition.

People pay attention to your posts because you ( Virilneus ) are a douchebag. You are worse than that as you inspire other people into fits of bitterness, and who could they compensate to deal with having to make sure your blue crayon stayed inside the lines?

At least when E posts he takes what he gives.

crb
04-12-2010, 05:12 PM
They are just stopping the Klaiv/irilneus uprisings before they can begin. Otherwise you might just be the savior of GS again with another Michael Moore-like petition.

People pay attention to your posts because you ( Virilneus ) are a douchebag. You are worse than that as you inspire other people into fits of bitterness, and who could they compensate to deal with having to make sure your blue crayon stayed inside the lines?

At least when E posts he takes what he gives.

...whoa... tell me how you really feel.

And I am not Klaive, I don't even know who Klaive is. Your ex?

crb
04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
She pulled my post for using the word hell. As in "hell, that's a good idea."

According to her you are a liar.

Drew
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
According to her you are a liar.

Of course you would have an email conversation about this.

Nilandia
04-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Of course you would have an email conversation about this.
He didn't. He posted on the officials and Raliel responded.

Gretchen

crb
04-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Holy shit on a shingle batman.

I had another post removed, Izzea calls it "Totally unacceptable" she couldn't even explain how unacceptable it was. It was that unacceptable.

I welcome any and all opinions to help me ascertain exactly what was so unacceptable about my post..

Dear ASPEN,

Your post was hidden from the GemStone IV Forum.

Your post is unacceptable. I do not have time to respond to your email this evening, but bringing that sort of discussion in that way to the forums is not acceptable.

Please remember that you agree to abide by the Rules for Posting and the Terms of Service each and every time you login to our services. If you need to review these items, they can be found via the Forum Policies link at the top of every forum's page and from the customer service page, respectively.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at GS4-IZZEA@play.net.

A copy of your post is included below for your reference.

~Izzea
ASGM Towns & Communities
Mentor Guru
Forum Manager
Famous in Norway

Forum: GemStone IV
Category: Discussions with Simutronics
Topic: The Bad, and the Ugly (general complaints)
Msg#: 46374
Subject: Re: Vulgarity Policy

>Wrong.

So Evarin is a liar, great, I'll tell him.

>I have a list of words that are considered vulgarity and should not be posted. For clarification sake, "Hell" is not one of them.

Great, I don't, and I can't read minds. So your list helps me not.

>In my personal opinion, this policy relies on common sense. If you would not say these words while at a job interview (an example from policy itself) or if you would not teach these words to a young kid, then they are not acceptable for the forums.

I've already pointed out to you the failings in the policy as worded. There are a lot of things I personally would not teach to a young kid, at the very top of the list is religious zealotry, below that you may find things such as the inconsequential power of words, and the lack of a mythological supreme being whom you have wronged with your original sin and whom will send you to H.E. doublehockeysticks if you take his pronoun in vain.

Maybe I've got weird parenting skills, but you're not asking me to abide by what _I_ would tell a child, you're asking me to abide by what _you_ would tell a child. This I cannot do, because I am not you. As should be obvious.

Your rule basically comes down to "Don't do anything the mod currently on duty at the time wouldn't do." which is utterly ambiguous and impossible to follow. Especially when, historically, and speaking as someone who yes, has been a customer for 15 years, the language has been allowed, and has even been used by staff.

Virilneus
Fix Sorcerer Training Costs
http://www.virilneus.com/blog/2009/05/14/sorcerer-training-costs/
Math Doesn't Lie.
Give Sorcerers Minor Mental
http://www.virilneus.com/blog/2009/07/05/give-sorcerers-minor-mental/

thefarmer
04-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Forum moderating has always been about favorite posters and hated ones. Just depends on which staffer sees which post (and by whom)

crb
04-12-2010, 06:34 PM
The only thing I can come up is the notion that my atheism offends her christianity and so she decided my heathen ideas are too dangerous for public display.

waywardgs
04-12-2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.tshizzle.com/tshirts/Movies/friday-damn-large.jpg

thefarmer
04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Forum moderating has always been about favorite posters and hated ones. Just depends on which staffer sees which post (and by whom)

This doesn't mean that post are always pulled/not-pulled on a whim. There are plenty of posts that are pulled with appropriate reasons.

It just seems like certain mods are more prone to whimsy pulling than others.

Fallen
04-12-2010, 06:56 PM
She explained that she pulled my post for the word "damned". I said, "Hell, they should just put the runes in the damned treasure system as rare drops." Or something similar. It was overkill, but whatever. What's done is done. She will lighten up, or be a very, very busy mod.

DoctorUnne
04-12-2010, 07:09 PM
I saw wtf on the officials not long ago. It's definitely not that strictly enforced.

Taernath
04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
There are programs on cable that allow 'bitch' but bleep the 'god' part of goddamn. Pretty sure the officials are like that too. Censorship of pg13 words is kind of inane though when you're playing a game where you can rip out someone's spinal cord or vaporize their neck letting their head fall to the ground.

crb
04-12-2010, 07:28 PM
She explained that she pulled my post for the word "damned". I said, "Hell, they should just put the runes in the damned treasure system as rare drops." Or something similar. It was overkill, but whatever. What's done is done. She will lighten up, or be a very, very busy mod.

Okay, does anyone else remember how official policy used to specifically say "No one minds a damn every now and then?" They rewrite policy all the time, but back in the 90s or early 2000s it said that.

I lost a ton of coin at dragonbones in Zul on Saturday, I probably said "damn" in a variety of forms a dozen times while doing so, in front of two GMs running the game.

You know how you don't appreciate something until it is gone? This is how I start to feel about Emeradan.

What was the pink bitch from harry potter? The one with the cats? Ya, that is Raliel.

Methais
04-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Well, technically I suppose you were against forum policy. There is a line about no obscenity, which he pretty much quoted to you.

So I guess he had grounds to pull it, but either I've gotten to posts before the mods have, or I've seen them not pull similar posts in the past. I dunno.

Gretchen

I've seen the word "damn" used by staff on the officials plenty of times over the years. Pretty sure it's also in-game somewhere, either as part of some messaging or in a room description or something along those lines -- part of the game itself and not just someone saying "damn".

Maybe they're being extra gay to make people want to sign up for Shattered, where GM faggotry such as this will cease to exist.

That Jay
04-12-2010, 08:38 PM

QFT

Stanley Burrell
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
You can use damn, but for some reason (this is IG, not on the boards, btw,) "Goddamn" "God damn" and I think "Goddammit" sends a sort of "pimp"-barely-a-swear flag to the higher-ups. And then it's favouritism from there on in.

Ryvicke
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
I had two posts pulled a few years apart for wtf. It wasn't even anti-simu or combative. Needless to say I was all 'wtf'? My subway stop next to an elementary school has 'OMFG GOSSIP GIRL' adverts all over the place. I think acronym fuck is OK now.

Drew
04-12-2010, 08:46 PM
The only thing I can come up is the notion that my atheism offends her christianity and so she decided my heathen ideas are too dangerous for public display.

Sometimes I think you are willfully fucking retarded (looks like I can't post this on the officials). She said there is a list of words she has that can't be posted. "Damn" is on her list. You said it. She pulled your post. What is so hard to understand about this?

You've said it in front of other GMs? GREAT. The next time a cop pulls you over for speeding be sure to inform him that you speed by cops all the time and you are OUTRAGED he applied the clearly specified rules to you this time.

Methais
04-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Sometimes I think you are willfully fucking retarded (looks like I can't post this on the officials). She said there is a list of words she has that can't be posted. "Damn" is on her list. You said it. She pulled your post. What is so hard to understand about this?

You've said it in front of other GMs? GREAT. The next time a cop pulls you over for speeding be sure to inform him that you speed by cops all the time and you are OUTRAGED he applied the clearly specified rules to you this time.

The annoying part is when a new mod (I'm guessing she's new) shows up with severe rookie cop syndrome.

Latrinsorm
04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
How did this become about Raliel's supposed Christianity?

Stanley Burrell
04-12-2010, 09:31 PM

Or monotheism, period. It looks like, to me anyway, like what Methais said where miniature cop is trying to impress the captain. Although if I was a moderator for the official boards, I'd probably have a hard time making a larger gray-area to O.K. random shit on a play.net board when it's posted up there with more permanence than something hashed out IG. I dunno.

Methais
04-12-2010, 09:37 PM

Because it's ok to say damn, just not God damn.

Or something.

crb
04-12-2010, 09:50 PM

You fail at reading comprehension. The heaten statement you were quoted was in reference to another post that that which you seem to think. In fact, it was Izzea I was referring to in the post you quoted, not Raliel (the one who posted the damn list on the officials).

But hey, keep on flailing drew, go on, let it all out. Tell me how you feel.

Drew
04-12-2010, 10:36 PM
You fail at reading comprehension. The heaten statement you were quoted was in reference to another post that that which you seem to think. In fact, it was Izzea I was referring to in the post you quoted, not Raliel (the one who posted the damn list on the officials).

But hey, keep on flailing drew, go on, let it all out. Tell me how you feel.

lrn2quote. Also you don't understand why that post was pulled?

crb
04-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Do you?

RichardCranium
04-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Do you?

Because you were being a douchebag and the GM's always protect their own regardless of if it's warranted or not. They always have, both on the boards and in the game.

But you already knew this.

Fallen
04-13-2010, 10:13 AM
I think they told her to lighten up. There was a discussion of the words damn, damned, etc, and none of the posts were pulled.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 10:24 AM
I would refer them to George Carlin's 7 dirty words.

Kithus
04-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Raliel isn't new, he/she is the plat forum mod. On the bright side he/she got plenty of practice applying the rules to my posts before unleashing his/her wrath on all of you.

crb
04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Because you were being a douchebag and the GM's always protect their own regardless of if it's warranted or not. They always have, both on the boards and in the game.

But you already knew this.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

But I suppose I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

DCSL
04-13-2010, 10:59 AM

I see what you did there.

RichardCranium
04-13-2010, 11:10 AM

I know, neither do I. But you asked.

Kithus
04-13-2010, 11:22 AM
The following message has been removed from the General Questions & Comments topic for the use of a vulgarity, which is a violation of Simutronics Terms and Conditions (TAC). The policy states that the use of certain words or phrases is forbidden in Simutronics products since this is a family-oriented service.

Even when these words are masked by the use of substitute symbols, if the word is recognizable, it is against policy.

I can understand that you feel frustrated at times but out of respect to the other players, that kind of language is not acceptable for public posting.

Please feel free to re-post your message with the violation removed. If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Itzel
Forum: GemStone Platinum
Category: General Discussions
Topic: General Questions & Comments
Msg#: 4395
Subject: Re: to the rat hunter...

Well god dammit Itzel if you'd told me there were iced cupcakes I'd have stayed on the non-pulled post side more often!

Keith/Brinret aka "Thumper"

"Damn" is now vulgarity.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Start using beef wellington on the officials. That will teach them.

Methais
04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
"Damn" is now vulgarity.

Try posting it again, but say "dammit" instead of "god dammit" and see what happens.

Fallen
04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
I still think only God damn, or some variation of that is what will be 100% pulled. Otherwise, they will likely let it slide from now on.

Methais
04-13-2010, 11:26 AM
I still think only God damn, or some variation of that is what will be 100% pulled. Otherwise, they will likely let it slide from now on.

So basically "God" is vulgarity on the officials...

Kithus
04-13-2010, 11:28 AM
You might be right I've got another post up that uses "damned" with no god in front of it and it's yet to be pulled. I've asked for clarification from Itzel on the rule and I'll let you all know if my other "damn" post gets pulled. Am I the only one that thinks it's ridiculous that it's easier for me to just test this and risk a forum ban than to ask because we can't get an answer?

So basically "God" is vulgarity on the officials...

Reposting my pulled post with "dammit" removed but leaving "God" in.

Kithus
04-13-2010, 11:30 AM
The following message has been removed from the Calendar of Events topic for the use of a vulgarity, which is a violation of Simutronics Terms and Conditions (TAC). The policy states that the use of certain words or phrases is forbidden in Simutronics products since this is a family-oriented service.

Sincerely,

Itzel

Forum: GemStone Platinum
Category: Events & Stuff
Topic: Calendar of Events
Msg#: 1868
Subject: Re: A Parchment Notice

You should damned well know by now that no matter what you do we're going to be spoiled! ;)

Keith/Brinret aka "Thumper"

So it's the word "damn" that is being censored here.

Methais
04-13-2010, 11:31 AM
You might be right I've got another post up that uses "damned" with no god in front of it and it's yet to be pulled. I've asked for clarification from Itzel on the rule and I'll let you all know if my other "damn" post gets pulled. Am I the only one that thinks it's ridiculous that it's easier for me to just test this and risk a forum ban than to ask because we can't get an answer?

Reposting my pulled post with "dammit" removed but leaving "God" in.

Go even further...say "God darnit" and see what happens.

Maybe even "gosh dammit" too.

Ugotfaced
04-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Ooooh. Shattered forums. It could be fun.

Shattered forums or not, I'd still use th pC more

Methais
04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
So it's the word "damn" that is being censored here.

I bet they're reading this thread.

Wait 2 weeks and try again..

Kithus
04-13-2010, 11:34 AM
I bet they're reading this thread.

Wait 2 weeks and try again..

Forget that from now on I'll use Aspen's example. "Well I'll be God Fish-Walled!" Seriously though, if they're reading this thread they need to clarify what the problem is instead of pulling posts with form letter.

Methais
04-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Forget that from now on I'll use Aspen's example. "Well I'll be God Fish-Walled!" Seriously though, if they're reading this thread they need to clarify what the problem is instead of pulling posts with form letter.

Post this in place of the word "damn":

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5328/untitledyz5.png

crb
04-13-2010, 11:40 AM
What about hey zeus?

As in.

Hey Zeus Christ, that bitch is fat.

Could try that.

Maybe

Mohammed be merciful, that bitch is fat.

Geezus

Morrff
04-13-2010, 11:54 AM
I have a much simpler method that seems to work for me. I simply DO NOT post on the officials, for two reasons basically. #1 You have to tiptoe through the tulips on posting an opinion of something with either POSITIVE reactions to something that has happened or the negative(and if it's negative, even if you use a church tongue you're pretty much going to probably have the post pulled, can't have any negative comments on their game(god forbid)) #2 The Play.net web page IS undoubtedly THEEEEEE worst forums to navigate I've ever had the poor experience of attempting to navigate.

Thus I fixed the situation, I check announcements, and links from PC posts here directing me to what I want to check up on. Other then that I pretty much keep off the officials.

Hooked on PC worked for me!

Methais
04-13-2010, 12:46 PM
#2 The Play.net web page IS undoubtedly THEEEEEE worst forums to navigate I've ever had the poor experience of attempting to navigate.

I always saw it as being symbolic of Simutronics and how they run things.

Kithus
04-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Well that solves my problems with the Simu boards:

Keith,

Due to your multiple pulled posts this morning and intentional disregard for policy, your posting privileges and access to all GemStone Forums have been permanently removed. You have had countless warnings and opportunities to correct your behavior, but you continue to test the boundaries and try to get away with posting practices that you know are inappropriate. Our staff has spent an inordinate amount of time dealing with your posts, and dealing with complaints by other players about your posts. The posts this morning testing which variants of "damn" you could or could not get away with were, as they say, the last straw.

Regards,

GM Sirina
Assistant Product Manager, GemStone IV

Fallen
04-13-2010, 01:04 PM

Lol. Just tell me if you need anything up on the prime boards and I will get them posted for you. Atleast for a few more weeks. Sans swear words of course.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/courtney-toso/4/4a4/446

8 years of college to be an office manager? That doesn't seem right.

Kithus
04-13-2010, 01:13 PM
GM Sirina <meaneee@gmail.com>

gs4-izzea@play.net,
gs4-kaikala@play.net,
simu-solomon@play.net,
gs4-tiqal@play.net

dateTue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:33 PM
subjectRe: Forum Privileges Removed

Courtney,

It would be in the best interest of your customers if you would take the time to explain policy changes in the future. Either that or possibly consider answering questions when random policy shifts are asked about. If you cannot treat us like adults expect us to test limits like children.

Quite frankly your customer service and interaction is abyssmal. You are a far step down from Melissa or Kia, both of whom knew how to interact with customers. Policies have gotten steadily more draconian since you took over. Your attempt to subjugate instead of engaging is obvious and pathetic.

While I adore Izzea her distaste for the boards is readily apparent. Emeradan enjoyed the job and, as a result, was far better at it. This isn't something I blame on Izzea as poor management stuffed her into a position she was ill suited for.

I would send this to feedback but that is another area where your regime fails to deliver. Customer confidence in the staff, under current leadership, to improve the game is at an all time low. You need to remember most of your customers are adults and act accordingly. Do not expect us to show you respect when you are seemingly unable to show us the same.

Sincerely,

Keith

As long as we're being honest.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 01:15 PM
You should have added "PS Damn" at the end.

Methais
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
You should have added "PS Damn" at the end.

Link this instead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwQoF105RO4

http://gerweck.net/damn06.jpg

Drew
04-13-2010, 01:23 PM

Fantastic! If you don't read the officials you have no idea what a whiny bitch this guy is/was. He makes Grendeg or Virilineus seem like quiet normal posters.

Drew
04-13-2010, 01:24 PM

Maybe she was like me with a 7 year 4 year degree.

EasternBrand
04-13-2010, 01:46 PM

"We’re sorry, but the profile you requested does not exist."

I SMELL A CONSPIRACY!

...but that smell could also be a Double Down.

crb
04-13-2010, 01:49 PM
How hard would it be to either code a discrete censorship system, or to at least give us a list of banned words?

I have not coded ASP since sometime in the 90s, but I bet you dollars to doughnuts I could, if given access to their forum code and their banned word list, code in a censorship feature in about... 20 minutes. String replacements are not fancy programming.

crb
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
"We’re sorry, but the profile you requested does not exist."

I SMELL A CONSPIRACY!

...but that smell could also be a Double Down.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:77BCljN46ogJ:www.linkedin.com/pub/courtney-toso/4/4a4/446+courtney+toso&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Methais
04-13-2010, 01:53 PM
How hard would it be to either code a discrete censorship system, or to at least give us a list of banned words?

I have not coded ASP since sometime in the 90s, but I bet you dollars to doughnuts I could, if given access to their forum code and their banned word list, code in a censorship feature in about... 20 minutes. String replacements are not fancy programming.

Why fix the problem when they can just make themselves feel better by being douches instead?

Ryvicke
04-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Fantastic! If you don't read the officials you have no idea what a whiny bitch this guy is/was. He makes Grendeg or Virilineus seem like quiet normal posters.

QFT

No one is sad.

Latrinsorm
04-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Am I the only one that thinks it's ridiculous that it's easier for me to just test this and risk a forum ban than to ask because we can't get an answer?I think it's ridiculous that you 1) managed to behave in such a way as to put yourself at risk to a forum ban and 2) continued to behave in the same way, resulting in a forum ban. I have had virulent disagreements with players and GMs on the officials and have never had a post pulled.

Some Rogue
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/john-belushi-college.jpg

8 years of college down the drain...

Kithus
04-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Well we know Eric reads the PC:

Keith,

You're bordering on causing enough problems that it would be in our best interest to be done with you than to continue to spend ridiculous amounts of time dealing with the problems you cause. If you want to play the "treat us like adults" card, then you need to act like one, and not just when it suits you. The nonsense and shenanigans going on this morning "trying to prove your point" aren't the actions of someone who wants to be treated like a grown up. Likewise, this sort of email, filled with personal attacks, insults, and snide comments, along with what I've seen on the Player's Corner just show that you're only interested in being a thorn.

At this point, I'm going to advise you of the High Maintenance Customer policy and let you know that if there are any future incidents of this nature (in game, since you won't be on the forums any longer), then you will be classified as HMC. If that comes to pass, then you simply are on a "One strike and you're out" restriction.

Respectfully,

Solomon

Methais
04-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Telling someone they're bad at their job is a personal attack now?

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 03:16 PM
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:77BCljN46ogJ:www.linkedin.com/pub/courtney-toso/4/4a4/446+courtney+toso&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

HAHAHAHA Why in the hell would she make her linkedin profile private/deleted over this? Hilarious.

ElvenFury
04-13-2010, 03:19 PM
HAHAHAHA Why in the hell would she make her linkedin profile private/deleted over this? Hilarious.
I'm actually surprised that she signed that email with her real name. Facebook, anyone?

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 03:25 PM
I saw a facebook link on google earlier but I can't see facebook from work nor do I have a facebook account.

crb
04-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Using your real name on the internet, always a bad idea

ElvenFury
04-13-2010, 03:31 PM
I saw a facebook link on google earlier but I can't see facebook from work nor do I have a facebook account.
Her profile is set to private. You can't see much, but her husband's (former GM Alyias) isn't. Not a big deal, really. Other than looking like a marshmellow John Travolta, I don't think he has anything to hide.

kookiegod
04-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Folks,

Ya know, its really unfair to attack people's personal spaces, and with LinkedIn, people use it to get jobs and advance their careers and FB for family and friends.

Really shouldn't go there. If you got an issue with the POLICY or the issue, can send it to feedback, to Solomon, to the management, vent here, but allow these folks to have lives too.

Sheesh.

Methais
04-13-2010, 03:41 PM
If you got an issue with the POLICY or the issue, can send it to feedback, to Solomon, to the management, vent here, but allow these folks to have lives too.

He did that already, talking about how bad they are at their job, and Solomon wrote back saying that that was a personal attack.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1092993&postcount=63

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Folks,

Ya know, its really unfair to attack people's personal spaces, and with LinkedIn, people use it to get jobs and advance their careers and FB for family friends.

Really shouldn't go there. If you got an issue with the POLICY or the issue, can send it to feedback, to Solomon, to the management, vent here, but allow these folks to have lives too.

Sheesh.

Sir,

Can you please show me where someone's personal space was attacked?

Sheesh.

crb
04-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Folks,

Ya know, its really unfair to attack people's personal spaces, and with LinkedIn, people use it to get jobs and advance their careers and FB for family and friends.

Sheesh.

Like peasants climbing the walls of the Forbidden City in dynastic china (and promptly being beheaded for the transgression) I think people are merely curious as to the lives of their overlords.

DBag
04-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Well if you're looking to attack I suggest these fine links:

http://www.spoke.com/info/pD1mBMB/CourtneyToso

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XvGSkwfWpeAJ:www.facebook.com/people/Courtney-Toso/1230296765+%22Courtney+Toso%22&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.cardinal.com/beckloff/

http://www.skillwho.com/profile/Cincinnati/Courtney-Toso/Accounting-Manager-and-Office-Manager/T263795/

http://www.intelius.com/search-summary-out.php?ReportType=1&

http://www.myspace.com/431598201

ElvenFury
04-13-2010, 03:45 PM
I hope you didn't think I was being mean, Paul. I really liked Alyias.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Like peasants climbing the walls of the Forbidden City in dynastic china (and promptly being beheaded for the transgression) I think people are merely curious as to the lives of their overlords. Really?

I just saw a name and said huh let's google. Linkedin is the only site on the list I use so I hit it up.

Kithus
04-13-2010, 03:48 PM
I have to go with Paul on this one guys. While I disagree with how she handles the game, there's no reason to mess with her personal life. Granted no one has yet but give the links out and someone will figure out a way.

crb
04-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Well if you're looking to attack I suggest these fine links:

http://www.spoke.com/info/pD1mBMB/CourtneyToso

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XvGSkwfWpeAJ:www.facebook.com/people/Courtney-Toso/1230296765+%22Courtney+Toso%22&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.cardinal.com/beckloff/

http://www.skillwho.com/profile/Cincinnati/Courtney-Toso/Accounting-Manager-and-Office-Manager/T263795/

http://www.intelius.com/search-summary-out.php?ReportType=1&

http://www.myspace.com/431598201

And this, my friends (friend?), is why I use not a one of those services. The last thing I need is to be cyberstalked and cost me a business deal or a customer or something.

But anyways... I did notice in the Facebook link that she is a fan of Family Guy.

Do you think her favorite episode is Dammit Janet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dammit_Janet!)?

And we've come full circle...

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 03:51 PM
I have to go with Paul on this one guys. While I disagree with how she handles the game, there's no reason to mess with her personal life. Granted no one has yet but give the links out and someone will figure out a way.

I don't get the assumption that someone is going to be "fucked with". ZOMG she banned someone from the PC on a different forum. Pitch forks and packet attacks go! Naw, that's too much effort for something that doesn't apply to me.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Somebody ought to at least vape Dbag's post.

I would if I could. Hell I'd go edit my own, since apparently I started it, but the link is dead so no point.

Methais
04-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Somebody ought to at least vape Dbag's post, much less Virilneus's quote.

I don't give a shit about the whole deal, but...those are all public websites available to anybody, so what rules are being broken that would get it deleted?

Besides, sites like that have privacy options for a reason. Just like doors have locks.

crb
04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
If you think those links are scary....

http://www.spokeo.com/

That site isn't always accurate... but... try it out

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't give a shit about the whole deal, but...those are all public websites available to anybody, so what rules are being broken that would get it deleted?

Besides, sites like that have privacy options for a reason. Just like doors have locks.

You're right, he's really just saving someone the time of going to google I guess.

Rule being broken? Probably none.

Dbag doing it from an alt (FOR FEARS OF BEING ATTACKED IN TEH GS) = lacking balls.

ElvenFury
04-13-2010, 03:58 PM
You're the one who posted her fucking name while attempting to show how badass you are.

Taernath
04-13-2010, 04:01 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/john-belushi-college.jpg

8 years of college down the drain...

"Fat, drunk and working for SIMU is no way to go through life, son."*

* note that I have no experience with the GM, and they may be only 1 of those things.

Fallen
You're right, he's really just saving someone the time of going to google I guess.

Rule being broken? Probably none.

Dbag doing it from an alt (FOR FEARS OF BEING ATTACKED IN TEH GS) = lacking balls.

Seeing as how it looks like the entire management of Simu reads this site, I could certainly see the need to hide your name for fear of reprisal. GS is serious business.

AnticorRifling
If you think those links are scary....

http://www.spokeo.com/

That site isn't always accurate... but... try it out

Not accurate at all for me...besides why is that scary? ZOMG NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION AHHHHHHHH TIN FOIL HAT!

Warriorbird

Virilneus would flip the fuck out if somebody attempted to mess with his business connections because he's a dick related to GS. Yet... people were doing similar to somebody who wasn't really acting out of line from what I've seen and hiding behind alts to do it.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Seeing as how it looks like the entire management of Simu reads this site, I could certainly see the need to hide your name for fear of reprisal. GS is serious business.

There's no fear of reprisal if you're not being a douche right?

Fallen
04-13-2010, 04:04 PM
There's no fear of reprisal if you're not being a douche right?

Who among us that posts regularly on the PC isn't a douchebag?

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Who among us that posts regularly on the PC isn't a douchebag?

I guess the douche is in the eye of the beholder. LOL that's just awesome on so many levels.

crb
04-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Virilneus would flip the fuck out if somebody attempted to mess with his business connections because he's a dick related to GS. Yet... people were doing similar to somebody who wasn't really acting out of line from what I've seen and hiding behind alts to do it.

Yes, I am a dick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n1NOY_iQtU). Pussy.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Virilneus would flip the fuck out if somebody attempted to mess with his business connections because he's a dick related to GS. Yet... people were doing similar to somebody who wasn't really acting out of line from what I've seen and hiding behind alts to do it. Who's business connections got fucked with again?

Warriorbird
04-13-2010, 04:07 PM

I'm not crying because somebody took my official posting privileges away.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 04:07 PM

Better delete your cookies before you ethug and rage. THEY are watching.

Fallen
04-13-2010, 04:08 PM

You're confused. Only Kithus lost his posting privileges.

kookiegod
04-13-2010, 04:09 PM
I hope you didn't think I was being mean, Paul. I really liked Alyias.

Of course not :) Was just a commentary on the situation.

Alyias is a heck of a good friend too.

Warriorbird
04-13-2010, 04:10 PM
You're confused. Only Kithus lost his posting privileges.

Damnit. Way to drop the ball, Simu.

Why does this thread exist then?

Fallen
04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Damnit. Way to drop the ball, Simu.

Viril just had a post pulled for saying damn, and I imagine V just liked the play on words(ban hammer versus damn hammer)

Kithus
04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
You're the one who posted her fucking name while attempting to show how badass you are.

I didn't realize people were going to start looking her up and cause her to drop all her social networking accounts. I feel badly about that.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 04:14 PM
I didn't realize people were going to start looking her up and cause her to drop all her social networking accounts. I feel badly about that. Yeah who would think people would use google ever. That shit never happens.

crb
04-13-2010, 04:27 PM

I'm not banned from anything.

Unlike Keith immediately upon being informed that "damned" was taboo I stopped using it, and started using "fishwall." I'm not the person who intends to break policy. If I know what the rules are, and they're clear and understandable, I'll do my best to follow them. (they just aren't always clear, case in point).

I am, however, complaining about the further disneyification of the game where I can't even say "damned" anymore to "protect the children." Especially when official policy, of all things, used to specifically say "damn" was okay.

We have an official group called "Drunken Defenders of the Rock" which, technically, celebrates alcoholism, hell most dwarves act like drunkards, and sexual innuendo is all over the place. We are roleplaying a medieval time period afterall, and yet... all of that is okay (as it should be mind you). But take Jehovah's pronoun in vain one time...

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 04:29 PM
What children? Didn't we all grow up? Do they really think they get new customers?

Methais
04-13-2010, 04:30 PM

And this, my friends (friend?), is why I use not a one of those services. The last thing I need is to be cyberstalked and cost me a business deal or a customer or something.

Looks like he has that covered already.

Plus, other than looking up her facebook and those other sites, which are available to anybody anyway, what exactly are people doing that makes it "similar" to someone hypothetically trying to fuck with Viril's business connections?

I dropped the ball on reading.

Fixed.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Plus, other than looking up her facebook and those other sites, which are available to anybody anyway, what exactly are people doing that makes it "similar" to someone hypothetically trying to fuck with Viril's business connections?

Nothing. But zomg we must be doing something.

Methais
04-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Nothing. But zomg we must be doing something.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-exclamation-cat.jpg

Cephalopod
04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Somehow related (http://www.27bslash6.com/5pm.html)...

crb
04-13-2010, 04:43 PM
What children? Didn't we all grow up? Do they really think they get new customers?

Apparently Nainonna confirmed on the officials the existence of at least one 14 year old playing.... so we must protect their innocence.

I personally think our cultural preoccupation with words is pretty old fashioned.

I can take a sword and attack you and spread your entrails on the floor, and this is acceptable imagery, but if you said "Shit... you got me" afterwards, you would have crossed the line.

I don't necessarily blame Simu for this, this is true in our TV, and other forms of media. In addition of course to our puritan belief that if ever a nipple would be exposed, the antichrist would come.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
That shit is awesome.

Cephalopod
04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
In addition of course to our puritan belief that if ever a nipple would be exposed, the antichrist would come.

I think you're onto something.

http://www.celebrity-nippleslips.net/wp-content/celebpics/2008/11/janet-jackson-nipple-slip.jpg
led to...
http://www.jewsonfirst.org/images/obama8.jpg

Drew
04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
I know a couple of people who play under the age of 18. There was someone on lnet saying they were 13 a little while ago.

Tordane
04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I know a couple of people who play under the age of 18. There was someone on lnet saying they were 13 a little while ago.

LOL. Watch out for Roast Beef little dude/ette. Its totally a trap!

http://kuvaton.com/kuvei/its_a_trap.jpg

AnticorRifling
04-14-2010, 08:19 AM
So I got this rep from an alt/board stalker:

I dunno, maybe because you're being a creepy fuck face?

ZOMG they didn't sign it!

I lol'd.

Fallen
04-14-2010, 08:30 AM
So I got this rep from an alt/board stalker:

I dunno, maybe because you're being a creepy fuck face?

ZOMG they didn't sign it!

I lol'd.

That was me. I fucking love you, you disgusting bastard. Die in a fire..with me.

AnticorRifling
04-14-2010, 08:42 AM
That was me. I fucking love you, you disgusting bastard. Die in a fire..with me.

It wasn't you.

That Jay
04-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Throw on Grendeg, Jay from Plat, and Schvartzgonif from DR and I think I'd buy the moderating staff alcohol.

Way to hold a grudge. I must of really butt-hurt you bad at some point.

Would an apology help? Or is it like when you give a blanket apology to the wife and it doesn't count because you don't know what you are apologizing for?

Drew
04-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Way to hold a grudge. I must of really butt-hurt you bad at some point.

Would an apology help? Or is it like when you give a blanket apology to the wife and it doesn't count because you don't know what you are apologizing for?

I find it interesting that you think you personally offended him rather than considering that you possibly make tons of whiny posts.

crb
04-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Izzea confirms (lies really) that only "god damn" will get a post removed:

You can say "damn" on the forums. Your post was a variation of that, and was quite rightly removed.

You can get further clarification from me via email if you wish, but I'd imagine its pretty self explanatory at this point.

We're not going to post a list of unacceptable words. If you can't say it on TV you probably can't say it here. A little common sense will go a long way when it comes to our vulgarity policy.

Thanks,

~Izzea
ASGM Towns & Communities
Mentor Guru
Forum Manager
Famous in Norway

As I recall... Keith and Evarin said only "damn" in their removed posts, and Keith got banned merely for saying "damn."

crb
04-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Consequently I found this post

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=1&topic=1&message=1757

In which Sirina's predecessor used "damn" to describe none other than Sirina herself. Do as I say, not as I do.

ElvenFury
04-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Consequently I found this post

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=1&topic=1&message=1757

In which Sirina's predecessor used "damn" to describe none other than Sirina herself. Do as I say, not as I do.
Looks like Kia's new career move didn't go to well (http://www.metaplace.com/ugc_announcement.php).

crb
04-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Looks like Kia's new career move didn't go to well (http://www.metaplace.com/ugc_announcement.php).

I coulda predicted that. It reminded me originally of friendster and SecondLife and all that other crap that got way too much media attention, and way too little actual user traffic. I actually own a site that gets more traffic than SecondLife, it isn't even porn.

Methais
04-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Izzea confirms (lies really) that only "god damn" will get a post removed:

As I recall... Keith and Evarin said only "damn" in their removed posts, and Keith got banned merely for saying "damn."

Not to mention you can say "god damn" on TV, making Izzea's argument even more retarded.

Drew
04-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Not to mention you can say "god damn" on TV, making Izzea's argument even more retarded.

They mean network TV. They show softcore porn on showtime, so obviously "on TV" wasn't what they meant.

AnticorRifling
04-15-2010, 01:12 PM
They mean network TV. They show softcore porn on showtime, so obviously "on TV" wasn't what they meant. Family guy says worse.

Kithus
04-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Obviously this wasn't about the word "damn" or even "god damn" as they were very selective who's posts they pulled. The best part is my pulled posts didn't even draw a warning. I was banned because Eric read the PC, saw that I was trying to figure out what context damn wasn't allowed in and got pissed I was testing the rules they refused to spell out. Take it as a lesson, anything you say on the PC can and will be used against you by the facist regime currently running Gemstone IV.

AestheticLife
04-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Bitch, Hell, Damn, and pretty much everything short of the F-Bomb are all over even network television now, so this is fairly stupid.

Even Ryan Seacrest used 'suck' in the formerly offensive context on Idol. Five years ago he would've been kicked off the show for it.

Methais
04-15-2010, 09:44 PM
They mean network TV. They show softcore porn on showtime, so obviously "on TV" wasn't what they meant.

You can say "god damn" on network TV. Some/most shows may choose to censor it, but it can still be said.

And yeah, Family Guy says much worse.

Methais
04-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Obviously this wasn't about the word "damn" or even "god damn" as they were very selective who's posts they pulled. The best part is my pulled posts didn't even draw a warning. I was banned because Eric read the PC, saw that I was trying to figure out what context damn wasn't allowed in and got pissed I was testing the rules they refused to spell out. Take it as a lesson, anything you say on the PC can and will be used against you by the facist regime currently running Gemstone IV.

Wrong on all accounts.

It's about Simu loving dick. Or cock.

Warriorbird
04-22-2010, 07:26 PM

I still don't know if this is better than being asked to consider a different Simutronics product for pointing out the new account/old account hypocrisy inherent in the naming policy... but... it would be a foolish person who thought the GMs don't read the PC/Smelly Cat.

RawR
04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
My red rocket is teh best!
http://www.nefar.net/gallery/2008-11/Red-Rocket-Red-Rocket-J700-A.jpg

Cephalopod
04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Now it's a little green, miniscule in comparison to the rest of our epeens.

Some Rogue
04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/129157564596637678.gif

Parkbandit
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM

Yea.. it couldn't be that you were being a little bitch on the officials, then bragging about it here.

THOSE FACISTS!!!

Parkbandit
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM

:rofl:

Awesome picture

RawR
04-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Agreed on the awesome pic part. And yes, people have been ruining it. It's been back and forth between red and green. Obviously you peoples coordination sucks!

Inspire
04-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Shit,

I didn't read the whole thread but ... CRAZNIESS!

Let people have their personal space, posting all of their information is really pathetic.

Parkbandit
04-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Agreed on the awesome pic part. And yes, people have been ruining it. It's been back and forth between red and green. Obviously you peoples coordination sucks!

I think that was the point.. keeping you at the fewest boxes of either.

Warriorbird
04-28-2010, 12:04 PM
I think that was the point.. keeping you at the fewest boxes of either.

Something PB and I can agree on.

RawR
04-29-2010, 08:08 PM
<3

RawR
04-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Like you jerkoffs could manage that.