PDA

View Full Version : Who's In?

Kranar
04-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Let's get a head count of who will be joining this absolute train wreck of a game (and I mean that in a good way).

Showal
04-05-2010, 06:15 PM
YOU MEAN DDO!??!

I know one guy who's DEFINITELY in!

EasternBrand
04-05-2010, 06:16 PM
(and I mean that in a good way).

Which part? Head?

Makkah
04-05-2010, 06:16 PM
oui

AestheticLife
04-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Not I... for now.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Not I, ever.

Durgrimst
04-05-2010, 06:34 PM
All in!

mgoddess
04-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Not currently, but maybe when I have more $$ and time to play.

Swami71
04-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I plan to try it for a month.

Divinity
04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm not. I can see a whole world of bad happening and I'm not into being around more drama.

Makkah
04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm not. I can see a whole world of bad happening and I'm not into being around more drama.

...GS R SERRUS BIDNESS?

Makkah
04-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Swami, I'd recommend NOT trying it for the first month it's out... I envision that being the pinnacle of cockbags.

Traelin
04-05-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm playing for sure.

Morph
04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
The whole scripting thing just ruins it. Sit an empath and a sorcerer at a table and come back in a year to play your capped empath.

BriarFox
04-05-2010, 07:11 PM
You could do that, true, but it takes all the fun out of it. I plan to script to help get up to 20-30 (probably fletching), then I'll likely only script on occasion. I've never script-hunted and don't have any plans to do much of it.

Drunken Durfin
04-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Oh, and thanks for giving Gemstone: Shattered a folder to itself. Much appreciated.

crb
04-05-2010, 08:15 PM
The whole scripting thing just ruins it. Sit an empath and a sorcerer at a table and come back in a year to play your capped empath.

That is true...

But then again, they said pvp would be allowed, they said scripting would be allowed, but no word yet on game mechanics abuse. I imagine they might still have a problem with that. we'll see.

Empaths will definitely level the fastest I think.

Parkbandit
04-05-2010, 08:25 PM
That game will be for crazy multi-account scripters.. it'll be fun at the beginning.. but it will get old quick. Within a year, it'll have less individual people on it than Plat... but they will all have 5-10 toons going at once.

Swami71
04-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Swami, I'd recommend NOT trying it for the first month it's out... I envision that being the pinnacle of cockbags.

I don't think there will be that many bully's really. Just a lot of AFK people 24/7. That and I'd probably be able to hold my own anyways.

You might of just nerfed that (was thinking of doing it myself). Probably for the best though cause that would be super lame.

Latrinsorm
04-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote from Sirina: "GMs will monitor for major bugs, and not much else." So the question would be does Sirina consider intentional wounds for healing bug abuse? My thought is no.

Morph
04-06-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't think there will be that many bully's really. Just a lot of AFK people 24/7. That and I'd probably be able to hold my own anyways.

You might of just nerfed that (was thinking of doing it myself). Probably for the best though cause that would be super lame.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm just disappointed because I think that a PvP realm might be a lot of fun, but the fact that you'll need to afk script to stay at a competitive level just kills it for me.

Baelog
04-06-2010, 01:01 AM
I voted "maybe" since there's no option for "Fuck no, not now not ever"

Asrial
04-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Quote from Sirina: "GMs will monitor for major bugs, and not much else." So the question would be does Sirina consider intentional wounds for healing bug abuse? My thought is no.If you're [generic] wanting to get in and kick people around.. you'd be stupid not to create an empath.

There's so many ways to auto-generate wounds. I know of a few safe spots too (anti-magic areas).

Like another poster said...

Start your script and come back in a year ;)

Asha
04-06-2010, 06:03 AM
I keep thinking it'd be awesome eventually, just having protective environments where you belong but with brutal kill on sight laws or something.
I keep thinking of that Ray Liotta (sp) film where they're all on an island and some want relative peace but some want just total anarchy and they divide into different factions and find ways and laws to moderate the killing within their faction etc etc.

The fact that it's set in Elanthia is almost totally worthless since it'll be a chatroom but with GS characters and mechanics.
All in all I think it'll be fun. I'll leave my character scripting all day and come home from work and check it out etc.
I'm only on the fence because of the need for a full subscription to GS4 regular, which I'll never go back to. Not even if Uniana was on my dick.

tl;dr = Maybe. Depending they make it a standalone subscription.

Kitsun
04-06-2010, 08:44 AM
I think I'm in for the novelty of being able to make completely absurd names.

Zanagodly
04-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Pretty gay they make you pay for a standard account on top of the shattered option.

audioserf
04-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I'll probably try it out, but since I don't plan to script or multi-account I'll probably get sick of having my ass handed to me fairly early on.

Gallows Thief
04-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Pretty gay they make you pay for a standard account on top of the shattered option.

They sure are good at finding ways to suck money out of people...This is a great move for them...low input on the work side for them to get it up and running and seemingly alot of people willing to sign back up to play... Whatley is lining his pockets with more text!

Atlanteax
04-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I will probably take it up for 1-2 months and then make a decision.

I think the actual amount of douche behavior will be less than what would normally be expected of a FFA environment. Gonna hope I'm right.

Zentoph
04-06-2010, 12:29 PM
PERHAPS

TheThirdEye
05-04-2010, 12:03 AM
I've been thinking about returning to GS since I took this new job that gives me lots of time to play at work. I am hoping that Shattered will funnel the douche-bag population out of prime into a place were they can feast on each others' flesh.
:club:

Methais
05-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Me and Tisket are gonna cyber in town square 24/7.

Methais
05-04-2010, 12:05 AM
I've been thinking about returning to GS since I took this new job that gives me lots of time to play at work. I am hoping that Shattered will funnel the douche-bag population out of prime into a place were they can feast on each others' flesh.
:club:

It won't, because a lot of the douchebags you're referring to like to hide behind GMs and their gay policy.

Tisket
05-04-2010, 12:12 AM

In preparation I've been doing finger-strengthening and stamina exercises. I'll be ready.

TheThirdEye
05-04-2010, 12:15 AM
It won't, because a lot of the douchebags you're referring to like to hide behind GMs and their gay policy.

That makes baby jesus :cry:!

Jayvn
05-04-2010, 12:35 AM

I plan to jump into this action while I'm unfrying..so can you keep the cyber to a super node? not to mention a group bonus for exp absorbing O.o

HSB
05-04-2010, 02:57 AM
All in. Five accounts, from day 1.

Gnomad
05-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I want to make a gnome monk named cockpuncher.

edit: pretend i quoted the guy who said something about stupid names

Showal
05-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm in. I'm trying to figure out how to get the title "predator" and I'm making a molester/rapist dwarf.

Inspire
05-04-2010, 04:18 PM
I want to RP Harry Potter.

Who wants to be Hermoine?

PS. I'll take a Jenny Weasley too for some hot 3some cyberfapfapfap

Showal
05-04-2010, 04:20 PM
I'll molest all three of them.

Cheesus
05-04-2010, 04:31 PM

PS. I'll take a Jenny Weasley too for some hot 3some cyberfapfapfap

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh130/ensurientchaos/dumbledore_rainbow.jpg

Celephais
05-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm going to make a character named "Janitor" and go around itchy cursing and stealing items from people.

Methais
05-04-2010, 04:36 PM

http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/hermiones_magic_wand_just_seeing_her_walk_in_with_ this_will_demotivational_poster_1259423330.jpg

waywardgs
05-04-2010, 04:40 PM
I remember playing a different text rpg ages ago where you could alter your own gear, and this guy dressed up as a bloodshot eyed white bearded dwarf in a santa costume with jizz stains all on the front of his pants. He wandered around masturbating and trying to jump all the elves. Still gives me the heeby jeebies.

BigWorm
05-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I remember playing a different text rpg ages ago where you could alter your own gear, and this guy dressed up as a bloodshot eyed white bearded dwarf in a santa costume with jizz stains all on the front of his pants. He wandered around masturbating and trying to jump all the elves. Still gives me the heeby jeebies.

Thanks. I always wondered how other people felt about my RP. Its always nice to find out you changed someone's life.

milesalpha
05-28-2010, 07:03 PM
In...and out after about 3 hours. I've already canceled the subsciption.

nub
05-28-2010, 07:04 PM
In...and out after about 3 hours. I've already canceled the subsciption.

thanks for playing

milesalpha
05-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Nice being on the even playing field, but too many negatives for someone like me, everyone should give it a try, simply to know for sure.

Methais
05-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Nice being on the even playing field, but too many negatives for someone like me

Like what, just out of curiosity?

IorakeWarhammer
05-28-2010, 07:40 PM
one thing you guys dont realize: the GMs are in here fuckin with the scripters hardcore

milesalpha
05-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Yep, there are elements that are interesting. If I was more patient and younger I might be willing to spend some time trying to mold the atmosphere, it could be fun. I honestly do not see it doing well long term in its current state.

IorakeWarhammer
05-28-2010, 07:41 PM
the whole thing is: it's a new challenge. who will rise to the challenge and who will suck balls and quit? I think the key is getting a character with a decent DS/TD so you can defend against annoyances

Methais
05-28-2010, 07:45 PM
one thing you guys dont realize: the GMs are in here fuckin with the scripters hardcore

Yes, I'm quite sure nobody else realized this but you.

milesalpha
05-28-2010, 07:46 PM
That's part of my negatives, there is no challenge there. The scripting removes it. Listening to the guy who was sitting a room fletching his way to 100 really hammered home how little game there is in Shattered.

Methais
05-28-2010, 07:51 PM
That's part of my negatives, there is no challenge there. The scripting removes it. Listening to the guy who was sitting a room fletching his way to 100 really hammered home how little game there is in Shattered.

To be fair, unless you went with a massive mutant build, GS was never exactly a challenge to begin with.

That said, you're totally free to kill any scripters you come across. Plus I'd think past a certain level, afk script hunting wouldn't really remain all that effective.

That said, anyone know where to find a good fletching script? I never realized you could gain exp from it.

IorakeWarhammer
05-28-2010, 07:56 PM
i was under the impression that EXP from fletching is low.. (read krakiipedia)

Marl
05-28-2010, 08:04 PM
you can get like 200k exp from just fletching on your gift

i think 125k fletching not on gift takes like what 3 days to master?

milesalpha
05-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Like what, just out of curiosity?

Playerbase is too immature, felt like I was in a junior high class. GMs even more immature. Almost a complete lack of cooperation that makes low levels easier. A little ooc can be fun, harcourt and I used to adapt bugs bunny/daffy duck routines but you need to make it work within the setting. Shattered is not really a game (and certainly not an RPG) so much as a generalized setting for anything, reminds me of Second Life. It's a setting for younger people that grew up on Nintendo rpgs as opposed to pen and paper. I am interested in playing a fantasy genre rpg, Shattered's mission is to avoid that restriction.

milesalpha
05-28-2010, 08:07 PM
i was under the impression that EXP from fletching is low.. (read krakiipedia)

Several people claimed they could remain at numbed or better at will. No idea what the script was, I pretty much despise scripting, except for travel. I junked Lich along with Shattered becuase it had little use for me.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
05-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Playerbase is too immature, felt like I was in a junior high class. GMs even more immature. Almost a complete lack of cooperation that makes low levels easier. A little ooc can be fun, harcourt and I used to adapt bugs bunny/daffy duck routines but you need to make it work within the setting. Shattered is not really a game (and certainly not an RPG) so much as a generalized setting for anything, reminds me of Second Life. It's a setting for younger people that grew up on Nintendo rpgs as opposed to pen and paper. I am interested in playing a fantasy genre rpg, Shattered's mission is to avoid that restriction.

And you had to try it just to see that it would be the way it is now? They flat out said there would be no such restrictions.

It's also entirely possible to enjoy both. I know quite a few people who are good roleplayers in Prime that are using and enjoying Shattered. Obviously if you don't like it, you don't like it but bear in mind that just because someone likes the kind of RP in Prime doesn't mean they're immediately going to dislike Shattered.

milesalpha
05-28-2010, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=Methais;1111571]To be fair, unless you went with a massive mutant build, GS was never exactly a challenge to begin with.

QUOTE]
Or if you were an Ice Ager, that my problem, I have fond memories of auch a great game, and miserable memories of when AOL went to flat pricing. It's a getting old, nostalgia, good old days sort of thing. You always hope it can come back, but it never does.

milesalpha
05-28-2010, 08:16 PM
And you had to try it just to see that it would be the way it is now? They flat out said there would be no such restrictions.

It's also entirely possible to enjoy both. I know quite a few people who are good roleplayers in Prime that are using and enjoying Shattered. Obviously if you don't like it, you don't like it but bear in mind that just because someone likes the kind of RP in Prime doesn't mean they're immediately going to dislike Shattered.

No restrictions has occurred before in GS, Ice Age. But the player age group was considerably different for a start. As for the rest, that why I recommended everyone try it just to see.

RichardCranium
05-28-2010, 08:20 PM
I've been playing since '84; I was 3 years old.

Marl
05-28-2010, 08:20 PM
you should not judge shattered in the first week or hell even first month

give it a while to cool down and try again imo

milesalpha
05-28-2010, 08:28 PM
you should not judge shattered in the first week or hell even first month

give it a while to cool down and try again imo

There is certainly that possibility, but by then the appeal of the even playing field is long gone (and that is one of the big appeals to the general player). The only place they can really draw players from is Prime (no advertising after all) so you have to put a best foot forward as soon as you can.

Fulsin
05-28-2010, 08:31 PM
I'll probably be joining this weekend.

HJFudge
05-28-2010, 08:36 PM
I made two characters.

A Joke Character, which I will do to make the ridiculous alters on and such.

I also made a 'for realz' character which I will try to remain as little OOC as possible.

Maybe it would be helpful to gather a list of people who want to avoid all the....overly blatant OOG stuff so we can all interact and 'mold the environment' to be less redonkulus.

I do agree with those saying this: Give it a couple weeks. People will calm down.

IorakeWarhammer
05-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I made two characters.

A Joke Character, which I will do to make the ridiculous alters on and such.

I also made a 'for realz' character which I will try to remain as little OOC as possible.

Maybe it would be helpful to gather a list of people who want to avoid all the....overly blatant OOG stuff so we can all interact and 'mold the environment' to be less redonkulus.

I do agree with those saying this: Give it a couple weeks. People will calm down.

i totally agree with this. i think the next few weeks are key when all the kiddies erase their silly character names and play for real

Kitsun
05-31-2010, 01:24 PM
#1 Reason to Join Shattered

Easy women!

(Shari cyb0rs Deadpool.)
>
Shari squeals.
>cheer
You let out a cheer!

Deadpool got him sum. Oh yeah.

Daniel
05-31-2010, 01:30 PM

Who are you?

Shari
05-31-2010, 01:37 PM
#1 Reason to Join Shattered

Easy women!

(Shari cyb0rs Deadpool.)
>
Shari squeals.
>cheer
You let out a cheer!

Deadpool got him sum. Oh yeah.

LOL, that was you? Sonofabitch.

Schala
06-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I like Shattered so much I finally made a damn account here.

Renaden
06-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Why would you do something so blatantly insane!?

Schala
06-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Why would you do something so blatantly insane!?

I know, seriously?! Clearly I am somehow slipping. I think I will go drown myself in whiskey now.

radamanthys
06-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I know, seriously?! Clearly I am somehow slipping. I think I will go drown myself in whiskey now.

That would ruin a fuckton of good whiskey. Drink or share, woman.

Schala
06-01-2010, 10:31 AM
That would ruin a fuckton of good whiskey. Drink or share, woman.

Fine. Hell, I always end up collecting more than I need anyway.

Asha
06-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Wooaaah

RichardCranium
06-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Who are you?

I vote Jim/Celtar.

CrystalTears
06-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I vote Jim/Celtar.
Nah, Jim/Celtar is better spoken than that.