PDA

View Full Version : Official: GM Shattered *WILL* Be Released!

Fallen
04-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Today not being a ridiculous holiday where people play stupid pranks on each other, I will confirm - it's not a prank.

We'll be opening GemStone: Shattered very soon - my hope is before the month is out.

In general terms, for those unfamiliar with the concept, Shattered will be an instance of the game where there are few rules and little GM monitoring. PvP is allowed. AFK scripting is allowed. ASSIST and REFER will be disabled. GMs will monitor for major bugs, and not much else.

The cost to access Shattered will be $5/month on top of your prime subscription. If you have a platinum subscription, Shattered access will be included at no additional charge.

More info to come as we get closer.

~Sirina (hates April Fool's!)

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

This message was originally posted in Talk to Simutronics, Responses to Announcements. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=109&category=1&topic=2&message=22 (http://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=109&category=1&topic=2&message=22)

Sirina: Telling it like it T I IS.

Tilnam
04-02-2010, 07:37 PM
And monks are being released in 2005!

Kuyuk
04-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I would like a "shattered only" option for $5 a month

Carblin
04-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I would like a "shattered only" option for $5 a month

Agreed

radamanthys
04-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Meh. I'll like it when it happens.

Skeeter
04-02-2010, 10:55 PM
RSN!

AestheticDeath
04-02-2010, 11:15 PM
yeah fuck $20 a month

Makkah
04-02-2010, 11:25 PM
yeah fuck $20 a month

I look forward to not seeing you there :)

AestheticLife
04-03-2010, 12:24 AM
I look forward to everyone realizing what a shithole of a game it is when eight-man AFK hunting MA squads are ripping you apart simply because you don't pay for eight different accounts (oh, and they can).

Have fun.

LMingrone
04-03-2010, 12:31 AM
That might be the fun part though. With no rules, and different groups of friends, it might be quite interesting. As long as people try to keep it somewhat RP.

AestheticLife
04-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Yeah, because everyone in Gemstone roleplays...

This is Gemstone, remember? You'll have one brigade of roleplay enforcers, and eight little hit squads that bully them. The only thing stopping these cunts from being extra cunty in general are the GMs and GHs. Strip away actual authority, and a great idea turns into shit.

I would -love- a CvC environment where the player population could simply police themselves. With the level of ignorance and stupidity that flows in this game's community, however, I don't see that happening. The mere fact that most of said primarily ignorant and stupid cunts just so happen to be the lifeless assholes that sit around all day being cuntish to begin with, and you can more or less kiss your fun goodbye if you actually care to give Shattered a shot.

It'll be like going into Platinum on your first day of the free Platinum trial, and dying. The only difference is, they'll neglect you in general, while folks in shattered will simply kill you THEN neglect you.

As I said... have fun with that.

AestheticDeath
04-03-2010, 12:57 AM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif GM Shattered... 04-02-2010 10:17 PM You're just upset because there won't be any capped characters for you to buy for a few months.

If only you had a fucking brain. My comment is about the price to PLAY the game. Nothing to do with my past buying and selling accounts.

And if the market in shattered ever gets a good start, you may see me again whether you like it or not, flipping accounts can overcome whatever stupid ass price they charge.

I would also be surprised if you had never bought or sold anything in gemstone. 95% of the player base seems to be in the cash game.

AestheticDeath
04-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Also, what is the pricing structure for dragons realms the fallen? is it the $5 extra over the regular account?

AestheticLife
04-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Shush, you! You're giving me a bad name. Well, I gave me a bad name, but still. Shush.

Kithus
04-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Couple posts from Solomon on the Shattered boards. There will be no transfers, everyone starts from scratch. We will not be able to log into Shattered and another game instance at the same time on the same account. Apparently they're concerned we'd pay attention in Shattered and script in Prime or Plat.

AestheticLife
04-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Guess those MAers will have sixteen accounts now, instead of eight! Pricey pricey.

Jayvn
04-03-2010, 01:22 AM
fuck it's about time... I can't wait to kill someone who's being an asshat and not have them whine to a fucking GM because I didn't 'challenge' them.
TIEM FOR BABY WIZARD

Tisket
04-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Guess those MAers will have sixteen accounts now, instead of eight! Pricey pricey.

Are you destitute or something? That's not much money.

Jayvn
04-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Tisket is a balla, shot calla..

Tisket
04-03-2010, 01:27 AM
I don't even understand what that means. Should I be insulted or should I laugh?

radamanthys
04-03-2010, 01:29 AM
I don't even understand what that means. Should I be insulted or should I laugh?

Facepalm. It works.

Drevihyin
04-03-2010, 01:31 AM
<<What about this "minimal GM involvement?" Does that mean no alterers, merchants, storylines, invasions? Or if Shattered does get those things, does that mean the already lackluster prime/platinum calendar gets even fewer GM-run events?>>

GM involvement will be on an "at will" basis, at least in regards to things OTHER than Policy matters, which won't exist in Shattered.

If you want to compare this to The Fallen at all, you can expect several GMs to have no interest in the concept or do not like it at all. Likewise, you'll have several who will jump in and who will be very excited about being able to have some real fun in Shattered. Those GMs will continue to provide invasions, merchants, storylines, prizes and props for Player-Organized events, etc. And then after the "no rules" clause on the Shattered Forums kicks in (ALL Forums Rules still apply, until the Shattered Forums require a subscription) and folks start ganging up on one of more of those GMs for whatever reason and making it personal, those GMs will back out and then some others will eventually step in.

Like it or not, a lot of Shattered will be what you, the players, make it. A good deal of that keys around remembering that even though the forums won't have rules about language and all that, if you start going off on the people who are doing extra stuff over here on top of their obligations in Prime and Plat, then they'll feel less inclined to do extra stuff.

Pay Festivals and ticketed events and such, like Ebon Gate, will still happen in Shattered, but there will likely be a delay, especially for ticketed events where GMs will want to come over and provide services for those who buy tickets. This will mean that these vents will likely open in Plat first, then Prime, then Shattered. The fun thing is that GMs will be able to start making special versions of items that have verbs/features/messaging on them that only work in Shattered.

Solomon

Come fight me in the arena:
http://la-bubbita.mybrute.com

Jayvn
04-03-2010, 01:35 AM

Lil' Troy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Lil Troy
Birth name Troy Birklett
Origin Houston, Texas
Genres Southern Rap
Occupations rapper, businessman
Years active 1997 - present
Labels Short Stop Records
Troy Birklett,[1] better known by his stage name Lil Troy is an American rapper from Houston, Texas.

Before his rapping career, Birklett was a successful drug dealer, who funded his music business with the money he earned from selling drugs. He eventually was convicted of "using a communications device to commit a felony" and was sentenced to 18 months in prison, although served only nine months in Beaumont, Texas federal detention.[2][3]

Lil' Troy, who featured in his songs many members of Houston's thriving rap scene of the late 1990s, managed to reach national audiences with his single "Wanna Be a Baller".[1] The song propelled his debut album, "Sittin' Fat Down South", all the way into the Billboard Hot 100. Released in 1998, Universal picked up the album, re-released it in 1999, and helped "Wanna Be a Baller" gain a substantial fan base, eventually spending 6 weeks on the Billboard Top 40.[4] The debut album was a success, selling 1.5 million copies.[2]

Tisket
04-03-2010, 01:38 AM
I reiterate, I don't understand what that means (or has to do with me) but I'll go with laughter anyway: lol.

Jayvn
04-03-2010, 01:41 AM
oh, cause you posted about 20 accounts not being a lot of money... then I said you were a pimp <3

Tisket
04-03-2010, 01:43 AM
ahhh okay then. I give you a genuine "lol" this time.

Let this be a lesson to you...subtlety doesn't work on me.

AestheticLife
04-03-2010, 01:43 AM
I reiterate, I don't understand what that means (or has to do with me) but I'll go with laughter anyway: lol.

Translation: Your fancy-free demeanor with regards to leisure spending is uncommon amongst the middle-class majority.

While I, myself, have no problem blowing a decent chunk of money on something fun, I damn sure couldn't see somewhere around two hundred (or much more for platinum accounts on the entire stable) dollars a month going to Gemstone IV.

...aww... Too slow!

AestheticDeath
04-03-2010, 01:51 AM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Official: GM Shattered... 04-03-2010 12:03 AM I look forward to seeing you overpaying for characters, sitting on them for 5 months unable to flip them, then having a firesale. Like always.

I laughed so hard at this. When did I ever have firesales? I almost never went down on price on anything. Especially for people who begged me for discounts. Just meant they wanted it enough they would come around and pay my price more often then not. And when I did, it wasn't some huge half off or anything insane. I always made profit, even if I lowered the price to make the sale.

LMingrone
04-03-2010, 02:16 AM
I love people that don't have the balls/tits, to sign their rep. Not ironic, but funny. "I'll talk shit about you, but don't have the balls/tits or bravery to actually say who posted it" Winners. ~LMiingrone
I bet red squares ruin their days. :(

Skeeter
04-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Are you destitute or something? That's not much money.

Almost 4k a year for a text game isn't much money? I guess I'm destitute.

Parkbandit
04-03-2010, 09:33 AM
They could have made a much bigger chunk of change had they made this decision about 5 years ago.

Kithus
04-03-2010, 09:45 AM
The fact that GMs will be able to run merchants in Shattered and even that ticketed events will exist is a big downer. It goes from being a unique instance of the game that is totally player driven to just another low population, monty haul instance but with swearing. Worse it siphons resources off the other two instances of the game.

BriarFox
04-03-2010, 09:47 AM
The fact that GMs will be able to run merchants in Shattered and even that ticketed events will exist is a big downer. It goes from being a unique instance of the game that is totally player driven to just another low population, monty haul instance but with swearing. Worse it siphons resources off the other two instances of the game.

Dude, you must be congenitally unhappy.

Parkbandit
04-03-2010, 09:50 AM

Duh.. he's a liberal.

http://markwilson.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/now-what1.jpg

Kithus
04-03-2010, 10:04 AM

Meh, it just isn't what I thought it was. I'm a little disappointed but whatever.

BriarFox
04-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Meh, it just isn't what I thought it was. I'm a little disappointed but whatever.

I don't really get why the GMs are bad. The oversight's gone, and yet there are still alters and such on occasion.

AestheticLife
04-03-2010, 10:19 AM
If anything, that's a POSITIVE influence on the instance. You still get pimped out auction-quality stuff, and amazingly cool custom scripts, alters, and events.

Compare that to player-policed blandness with no events, no scripting, and no custom amazingness (aside from whatever the feeder spits out), and you kind of get the point here.

They will -never- put the tools for merchant services in the hands of paying customers. Ever. Well... not again, anyway.

Kithus
04-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I don't really get why the GMs are bad. The oversight's gone, and yet there are still alters and such on occasion.

I saw it as a unique experience. Without GM supplied weaponry/armor you increase the value of artisan skills, enchant, 620 and other player services. It also makes auto genned finds in the treasure system potentially more appealing. Without alterers the clothing items you find auto-genned on critters and the dyers tent becomes the method by which you customize.

If you have all of the major merchant events you see in prime in another instance with a much smaller population what do you get? Platinum and I already play that. I love plat for what it is but it is definately a monty haul instance of the game. With GMs involved I see Shattered turning into Platinum with swearing.

AestheticLife
04-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Gemstone without merchant interaction/auctions = Dead.

Consider that even WITH the aforementioned staff-based stuff, the game is still dead, and you kind of need to consider what you're asking for.

Kuyuk
04-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I never gave two shits about merchants or auctions, so I dont think it's "dead" without them.

Durgrimst
04-03-2010, 11:00 AM
I have never played GS for RP or interaction, I have been hooked on the mechanics and powerhunting.

Shattered is perfect for me, and I can't wait to play it.

Asha
04-03-2010, 11:20 AM
They should make it so you can loot fallen players.
It will be interesting to see this work since there will be NO RP at all and anyone who does would be ''wtfpwnetFACEnub!!!''
<whack = dead>
''LOL''

AestheticLife
04-03-2010, 11:42 AM
I never gave two shits about merchants or auctions, so I dont think it's "dead" without them.

...and you don't give two shits about all of the awesome stuff that they produce, and you buy?

Would you have fun playing a gemstone where 7x perfect, flaring weapons are unbeatable, your shit looks generic as hell, and your character looks like everyone else's of the same gender/race?

Kuyuk
04-03-2010, 11:48 AM
...and you don't give two shits about all of the awesome stuff that they produce, and you buy?

Would you have fun playing a gemstone where 7x perfect, flaring weapons are unbeatable, your shit looks generic as hell, and your character looks like everyone else's of the same gender/race?

I never purchased any of that shit.

I had a 6x weapon enchanted by a wizard, a 5x shield, some 6x leather I think, and thats about it.

I dont need a cloak that oozes spidersilk jism and the light shimmers off each individual spider sperm.

Give me a bag full of blue and black crystals and I was all set.

I also only Looked at a person when I was an empath and needed to know what to heal. I dont give a rats ass about a bulbous rosy nose on a shorter than average dwarf with a thinning ruddy hair in a ponytail, whose other features are masked by a voluminous shadowy cloak.

Give me PvP and give me death!

Hopefully they dont have death sting in Shattered - that would suck.

Methais
04-03-2010, 12:03 PM

I had a 6x weapon enchanted by a wizard, a 5x shield, some 6x leather I think, and thats about it.

I dont need a cloak that oozes spidersilk jism and the light shimmers off each individual spider sperm.

I also only Looked at a person when I was an empath and needed to know what to heal. I dont give a rats ass about a bulbous rosy nose on a shorter than average dwarf with a thinning ruddy hair in a ponytail, whose other features are masked by a voluminous shadowy cloak.

^This.

Also I wonder if the GM run merchants will act l33t and do stuff like goatse people or if they'll stick to serious business RP.

Deathravin
04-03-2010, 12:19 PM

I'd prefer plat-style dropage. But that might be a bit excessive. I can't say I wouldn't kill somebody just for their weapon or gear... but then their big friend could do the same to me...

Nah, I forsee them doing prime-style deaths sting. It makes the most sense since it would allow people to have items without fear of losing them.

nub
04-03-2010, 12:21 PM

Same here, I've told a couple of friends about this and they are excited and would cum back as well. They are in the same boat, I've never bought anything to have people look at me. I think I did pick up some pants once I found off of something, just so I could take them on and off infront of people. So that they would see the text of me doing that, for those that enjoyed my awesome RP.

Methais
04-03-2010, 12:38 PM
I'd prefer plat-style dropage. But that might be a bit excessive. I can't say I wouldn't kill somebody just for their weapon or gear... but then their big friend could do the same to me...

Nah, I forsee them doing prime-style deaths sting. It makes the most sense since it would allow people to have items without fear of losing them.

As long as warrior disarm and sorc's itchy curse exists in Shattered, there should always be fear of losing your stuff.

Ugotfaced
04-03-2010, 01:05 PM
see next post

Ugotfaced
04-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Are you going to be able to use PP's on shattered stuff? Whoever is sitting on 6,000-10,000 PP's is just gonna boost there standard 'falchion' up to 6-7x, add weighting and then sell it in shattered for Prime silvers and make about 100m silvers on it. Because EVERYONE starts at cero in shattered. And the first person who finds a 5-6x weapon or whatever is gonna wtfpwn everyone swinging pawnshop drake falchions. lol..

Real question. Is there gonna be pvp looting in shattered? That's the only thing that might keep me from playing.

tried to post this like 5 times, shit didn't work. ha

Stunseed
04-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Point transfers are supposedly a pain in the ass, and considering it wouldn't be done for Platinum ( again ), that pays a nice chunk more, I would imagine the answer is no.

Latrinsorm
04-03-2010, 02:33 PM
If they kept all the merchants in Prime, then we could have GS Barbie and GS Pwning. I would be for that.

radamanthys
04-03-2010, 02:38 PM
If they kept all the merchants in Prime, then we could have GS Barbie and GS Pwning. I would be for that.

Heck, who doesn't wanna tear the limbs off someone with a look description three pages long?

pabstblueribbon
04-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I kind of hope their is limited looting. Like randomly grab an item or two from the corpse along with all the silver their carrying.

But along with this, I *really* hope they beef up stealing so that you have a chance to get your items back.. also.. not sure what they could do about some dick stealing your weapon and putting it in his locker forever.

Anyways, its going to be funny watching people enchant up 8x reinforced shields so they go unnoticed.. lol.

kookiegod
04-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Are you going to be able to use PP's on shattered stuff?

Since its a seperate server, I'd assume if your premium, you'll start to accumulate PPs in shattered, but be starting at 0, not at a transfer rate.

So be 3 1/2 years till someone can pad 4x armor.

~Paul

Deathravin
04-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I kind of hope their is limited looting. Like randomly grab an item or two from the corpse along with all the silver their carrying.

But along with this, I *really* hope they beef up stealing so that you have a chance to get your items back.. also.. not sure what they could do about some dick stealing your weapon and putting it in his locker forever.

Anyways, its going to be funny watching people enchant up 8x reinforced shields so they go unnoticed.. lol.

The way they're doing this (as cheaply as possible), I doubt there's going to be any different rules than Prime or Plat, which ever instance they copied it from. I'd guess that they just copied it from Prime, so prime rules would apply until somebody changes them.

Methais
04-03-2010, 05:48 PM
And the first person who finds a 5-6x weapon or whatever is gonna wtfpwn everyone swinging pawnshop drake falchions. lol..

Until a sorcerer (or warrior) comes along, disarms you and then implodes your shiny new weapon.

People seem to keep forgetting that players can disarm you, at least in the case of those two professions.

I'll be sticking with plain old 4x gear I'm sure, but that's what I do in Prime too because I'm too l33t to need high end gear.

StrayRogue
04-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Eblade ftw.

Drevihyin
04-03-2010, 06:32 PM
sonic weapons

Methais
04-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Feras imo. Like 4782094 of them stockpiled.

Izzy
04-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Are you going to be able to use PP's on shattered stuff? Whoever is sitting on 6,000-10,000 PP's is just gonna boost there standard 'falchion' up to 6-7x, add weighting and then sell it in shattered for Prime silvers and make about 100m silvers on it. Because EVERYONE starts at cero in shattered. And the first person who finds a 5-6x weapon or whatever is gonna wtfpwn everyone swinging pawnshop drake falchions. lol..

Real question. Is there gonna be pvp looting in shattered? That's the only thing that might keep me from playing.

tried to post this like 5 times, shit didn't work. ha

You're retarded. One, 35 AS isn't a make-or-break amount. There's nothing you can do with a 7x falchion that you can't nearly as easily with a 4x one. Second, it's not about AS, it's about who gets off the first disable in PvP. First ewave that lands, first spikethorn that hits, first FI, first warcry, etc. Turns out a 7x weapon doesn't matter for shit. Last, but not least, it's "their."

mgoddess
04-03-2010, 06:44 PM
sonic weapons
^^

AestheticDeath
04-03-2010, 07:41 PM
So are you guys going to try and go with a class that can own things early, or one that is much better later? Or like a hybrid bard or something that can be the best post cap?

mgoddess
04-03-2010, 08:16 PM
If I ever do roll up a character in Shattered, it'll either be a paladin or a bard...

Inspire
04-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Wizard, I just haven't decided upon a race yet.

droit
04-03-2010, 08:24 PM
GoS empath.

AestheticLife
04-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Open implode much? 1x S&H, scout out newbie areas, drop a void when some tard is scripting his way through... fun fun!

I still wouldn't play it for shit.

Methais
04-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Open implode much? 1x S&H, scout out newbie areas, drop a void when some tard is scripting his way through... fun fun!

I still wouldn't play it for shit.

Grats.

radamanthys
04-03-2010, 11:32 PM
I wonder if perma sancts will be in effect. I'd love to Open Implode town square when everyone is newb.

Deathravin
04-03-2010, 11:36 PM
I wonder if perma sancts will be in effect. I'd love to Open Implode town square when everyone is newb.

I have a distinct feeling it's just a carbon copy of the prime environment.

radamanthys
04-03-2010, 11:49 PM
I have a distinct feeling it's just a carbon copy of the prime environment.

Likely. I wonder how you'd join a CHE if there's no officers. CHE's would have more relevance in a PvP environment.

Deathravin
04-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Likely. I wonder how you'd join a CHE if there's no officers. CHE's would have more relevance in a PvP environment.

Should just rename them to Mafia's at that point.

Yo... TOMMY... I want him and his kobolds DEAD! you undastand?

Seran
04-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Coming from another text-based MUD which has full PvP mechanics, I can tell you that there is quite abit of disincentive to continue playing a game when you find yourself constantly being killed.

I would be for random single gear piece drop on a cooldown, but would be against either full item loss, or no item loss.

Swami71
04-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Which is more popular, regular Dragon Realms or fallen?

Reltov420
04-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Finally something new that might actually be fun.

Xaerve
04-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Glad to see this happen, will be signing up.

Drisco
04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
I think I might come back for a little bit.. I wonder how it will work when everyone starts..

I can just imagine 100's of people in the sewers killing rats and then some dbags will be trying to kill others who are level 0 and not the rats.

This should be very interesting.

Fallen
04-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I think I might come back for a little bit.. I wonder how it will work when everyone starts..

I can just imagine 100's of people in the sewers killing rats and then some dbags will be trying to kill others who are level 0 and not the rats.

This should be very interesting.

My thought is that the population will spread out. I know I would try to go somewhere no one else would bother with, like Cysaegir. Hunt in that area, then return there to rest.

Latrinsorm
04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I assume they'll still have the "you can't attack characters until they reach level 2" mechanic, which should alleviate a little of the "hey cool game I wonder how you play... what do you mean I'm already dead?"

Drunken Durfin
04-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Are level 0 characters immune to open implode/meteor swarm?

Deathravin
04-05-2010, 03:37 PM
My thought is that the population will spread out. I know I would try to go somewhere no one else would bother with, like Cysaegir. Hunt in that area, then return there to rest.

Somebody will occasionally come down, fog to you and kill you. Just for the fun of it, i'm sure.

Liagala
04-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Somebody will occasionally come down, fog to you and kill you. Just for the fun of it, i'm sure.

If he's on a well-known name, probably. If he's playing someone obscure... why? Even people who go around trolling will have better methods than Locating the entire Who list. I really think the doom-and-gloom people who predict 47902540620 deaths per second are just a tiny bit overdoing it. Yeah, it'll be full of tards for a little while. The first few weeks will be a complete free for all (which I'm really looking forward to, even if I will get my ass handed to me every time someone attacks me). After a little while, morons will get bored or get camped enough that it's not fun anymore, and it'll settle down.

violent femme
04-05-2010, 09:35 PM
i agree with previous post. itll be anarchy for awhile, then settle down. if you dont like the idea of this 'shattered' get this...DONT PLAY! gasp!

Shari
04-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Believe it or not, I am all over this idea. I for one will be signing up.

Tisket
04-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Believe it or not, I am all over this idea. I for one will be signing up.

Shari in off the rack clothing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Monotonous
04-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Free-for-all PvP will create a completely different game, and it will be incredibly fun for some of us. Spells, abilities and items that are dismissed in the standard game will become powerful. Treasure system drops will be highly prized, instead of being pawnshop fare. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

The GM-enforced scrub carebear bullshit of prime/plat is only enjoyable for part of the population... This is a welcomed change. It's unfortunate that they didn't do it years ago, and also that it is going to cost more money.

How do they ever expect to get new people involved in their dying game if they don't offer a low subscription entrance somewhere? Gemstone costs more than Warcraft, which makes it impossible to bring friends in to try it...

This should be a flat $5 subscription. No customer service, no GMs.. The only cost is bandwidth and server, which cannot be much. You could probably run a Gemstone server out of your home off regular broadband with current technology.

Traelin
04-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Man if GS Shattered was only 5 bucks I'd have SO many accounts.

Atlanteax
04-06-2010, 12:02 PM
I will find it incredibly ironic and amusing, if some 6 months after the Shattered release date, that the number of individual players are greater than "Prime" and the Community is "stable" even tho it is technically a FFA environment.

Drunken Durfin
04-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Man if GS Shattered was only 5 bucks I'd have SO many accounts.

http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/wow-36box2-1.jpg.

BriarFox
04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
On another note, I'm wondering how badly Shattered will destroy the Prime market. More people interested in Shattered equals fewer people going after gear in Prime.

Monotonous
04-06-2010, 01:08 PM
On another note, I'm wondering how badly Shattered will destroy the Prime market. More people interested in Shattered equals fewer people going after gear in Prime.
It's going to be interesting... Silvers will probably trade something like 1:100 Shattered:Prime. Also picking up something rare in Shattered will let you trade up to something huge in Prime. Personally once Shattered releases I'll never be in Prime ever again, except to expunge my character of gear to exchange for Shattered gear.

Methais
04-06-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm going to walk around with a permanent textrection in shattered.

Traelin
04-06-2010, 01:14 PM
The shattered market will be very robust. In fact we will need a separate merchant forums for Shattered players.

Celephais
04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Item theft is going to be an interesting mechanic to watch unfold.

Methais
04-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Item theft is going to be an interesting mechanic to watch unfold.

Which is why smart people will stay away from high end weapons and shields and only use high end items that can't be disarmed or dropped from itchy curse.

That, or every profession should have some way to steal their items back and not have sorcs and warriors be the only professions capable of doing it.

They should bring back telekinetic disarm and put it in the 512 slot.

Celephais
04-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Which is why smart people will stay away from high end weapons and shields and only use high end items that can't be disarmed or dropped from itchy curse.
Absolutely, holding a valuable item outside a santuary will be asking for it.

That, or every profession should have some way to steal their items back and not have sorcs and warriors be the only professions capable of doing it.

They should bring back telekinetic disarm and put it in the 512 slot.
I was pissed when they took it away. I don't get why they did, it's not like other classes couldn't steal items.

Fallen
04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
I was pissed when they took it away. I don't get why they did, it's not like other classes couldn't steal items.

I think they pulled it with the justification that SAVANTS need it more.

Celephais
04-06-2010, 03:19 PM
I think they pulled it with the justification that SAVANTS need it more.
Hmm.. that is true, they have been putting it to good use...

MotleyCrew
04-06-2010, 04:49 PM

And bards...

Izzy
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
And bards...

and anyone who can learn cman disarm...

4a6c1
04-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Does this mean I can finally have my harem of lithe sylvan girls??!!

DIBS ON HAREM PRO IDEA.

Methais
04-06-2010, 09:52 PM
and anyone who can learn cman disarm...

O.o

Zanagodly
04-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Why is there nothing on the homepage or the website period about this being released?

Tordane
04-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Why is there nothing on the homepage or the website period about this being released?

You really have to ask Mike?

Drunken Durfin
04-07-2010, 11:28 AM

Because they will undoubtedly miss any target that they set. The closest we have is Siriana saying "we hope to have it released by the end of the month."

Of course a true pessimist (anyone who has dealt with Simu) will point out that she did not say which month.

Zanagodly
04-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Ya I would have figured there would be something insightful on the website, to at least tease the possibility that it will happen this month.

AestheticLife
04-07-2010, 12:24 PM

For the same reason they don't go out of their way to advertise the pending ranged review, mining system, additional instrument bases, or anything else that actually takes work (unlike a majority of the "zomg new content" we've received over the last half-decade)... it probably wont happen.

Then again, the CMAN changes give me hope! R&D may actually be doing stuff now!

Fallen
04-14-2010, 08:18 PM
<<Geez, Solomon said he hoped it would be out by the end of the month. I hope it doesn't take till Simu-con. >>

The only thing really holding us up at this point is the stuff in the Billing database. Our original DB guy has moved on and the person working on this for me now is (rightfully) a little nervous digging into and changing code with little or no documentation that can potentially cause major SNAFUs if he gets something wrong.

No pressure or anything, just sayin. ;)

Solomon

Come fight me in the arena:
http://la-bubbita.mybrute.com

Makkah
04-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Close?!

nub
04-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Why would he have to change code for Shattered? What is there to change? Unless he's unnerffizing things, which would be cool.

BriarFox
04-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Why would he have to change code for Shattered? What is there to change? Unless he's unnerffizing things, which would be cool.

Billing database code, not game code. From all accounts, Simu's billing database is fucktarded.

kookiegod
04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Ummm, tons of things to fix in the underlying structure that Gorlash used to handle.