PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Bears Oh My!

Kosh
07-26-2003, 02:38 PM
The following pictures are of a guy who works for the Forest Service in

Alaska. He was out deer hunting. A large world record Grizzly charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy unloaded a 7mm Mag semi-auto into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The monster was still alive so he reloaded and capped it in the head. The bear had killed 2 other people.

His last meal was the poor fellow on a nature hike. The Forest Service found his 38-caliber emptied. He shot 6-times and hit the grizzly 4(they found seven 7mm slugs and four 38 caliber slugs in him) but obviously only wounded him since it was estimated to be 3 days prior to the bear's death by the Forest Service man.

It was over one thousand six hundred pounds, 12' 6" high at the shoulder, to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world. Of course, the game department did not let him keep it. It will be mounted and put on display at the Anchorage airport (to remind tourist's of the risks involved when in the wild).

Think about it. You would be level with the bear's belly button when he stood, he would look you in the eye when walking! This bear on its hind legs could walk up to the average single story house and look over the roof at eye level.

[Edited on 7-26-2003 by Kosh]

Kosh
07-26-2003, 02:39 PM

Back
07-26-2003, 02:47 PM
Odd fact: Napoleon had reoccuring nightmares of having his insides eaten out by a bear prior to his invasion/defeat of Russia.

Scott
07-26-2003, 03:05 PM
And people say we shouldn't be allowed to carry guns to protect ourselves.....

Chyrain
07-26-2003, 03:53 PM
the dude was out in the woods of Alaska hunting. of course its okay to have a gun there.

There will be no 12 ft tall bears in inner city Chicago this weekend. No one needs guns to protect themselves there.

Scott
07-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Just guys with knives, pipes, etc. But your right, take your beating and don't fight back.

Skirmisher
07-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
Just guys with knives, pipes, etc. But your right, take your beating and don't fight back.

:rolleyes:

You cannot possibly be comparing walking in the wilds of alaska with walking in a populated area with police.

Please. Make a decent analogy.

I'm all for gun control but you can bet your ass I would want a rifle of some kind if I was going to wander the Alaskan wilderness.

Taernath
07-26-2003, 04:43 PM
http://www.snopes.com/photos/bearhunt.asp

Disturbing image warning

[Edited on 7/28/03 by Taernath]

Kosh
07-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Taernath
http://www.snopes.com/photos/bearhunt.asp

Thanks for the link. Proves everything sent over the web is never necessarily correct.

imported_Kranar
07-26-2003, 06:06 PM
The discussion on gun control has been moved into its own thread.

i remember halloween
07-26-2003, 09:27 PM
It would have been better if the bear mauled him...

longshot
07-27-2003, 01:40 PM
I really did not need to see the picture of the half eaten guy with his cock hanging out.

Taernath, you owe me five hours of sleep

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Someone posted that picture RIGHT inside of this thread.

I did remove it though. And yes Taernath, would you mind putting a disclaimer?

Red Devil
07-27-2003, 04:42 PM
So old. . .

[Edited on 7-27-2003 by Red Devil]

Red Devil
07-27-2003, 04:59 PM
"The following pictures are of a guy who works for the Forest Service in

Alaska. He was out deer hunting. A large world record Grizzly charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy unloaded a 7mm Mag semi-auto into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The monster was still alive so he reloaded and capped it in the head. The bear had killed 2 other people. "

what kind of deer hunter uses semi-automatic weapons

Taernath
07-27-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Kranar
I did remove it though. And yes Taernath, would you mind putting a disclaimer?

Sorry about that, I tend to be desensitized to these things. :barf:

Gokkem
07-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Heh yeah that myth was a big deal here in Alaska. At one time the park service had the 'true' story posted on it's website because so many people were contacting them regarding the validity of this story. I'm tryin to find the link now but it's funny how these stories get blown out of proportion.

longshot
07-27-2003, 09:22 PM
I was just joking, but it is a pretty sick picture

Slider
07-27-2003, 09:40 PM
<what kind of deer hunter uses semi-automatic weapons >

Myself for one, use a Browning BAR lightweight in 7mm, nice rifle. Faster than a bolt action if i need a follow up shot, and it's pretty damn accurate.

Red Devil
07-29-2003, 11:06 AM
ever tried hunting turkey with an AK-47? great fun i hear..