PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice?

Queleri
03-25-2010, 10:46 PM
I mainly play a sorcerer but recently rolled a cleric as well; which I'm enjoying. My question is has there ever been any discussion of allowing clerics to learn the sacrifice command? Especially for the Bane deities this seems like it would make perfect sense and add a fun and semi-useful skill to the profession. Just curious.

AestheticLife
03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Problem: Clerics derive their power from spirituality, not tangible forces or those derived from life. While sacrificing something TO a god for their blessing makes a bit of sense, it doesn't really come off as a sustainable mana gain.

Maybe a TRIBUTE command instead, allowing a Cleric to raise the soul of any corpse that died from non-martial wounds of sorts, and whatnot. Tributing said soul would grant a temporary (25m---2h) bonus to a designated skill or property.

I could also see an auction-quality item that had enough flavor to get the job done, and allow an empath, cleric, wizard, ranger, or paladin the ability to use the sacrifice command as usual. It would have to be VERY splashy, and it would kind of prove pointless for any wizard, but maybe it would be decentish.

Fallen
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
The meditate ability increases mana regen.

AestheticLife
03-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Unless it increases it even after you stop meditating, that isn't something entirely comparable. Sacrifice is mid-hunt goodstuff, and all.

Queleri
03-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Problem: Clerics derive their power from spirituality, not tangible forces or those derived from life. While sacrificing something TO a god for their blessing makes a bit of sense, it doesn't really come off as a sustainable mana gain.

Maybe a TRIBUTE command instead, allowing a Cleric to raise the soul of any corpse that died from non-martial wounds of sorts, and whatnot. Tributing said soul would grant a temporary (25m---2h) bonus to a designated skill or property.

I could also see an auction-quality item that had enough flavor to get the job done, and allow an empath, cleric, wizard, ranger, or paladin the ability to use the sacrifice command as usual. It would have to be VERY splashy, and it would kind of prove pointless for any wizard, but maybe it would be decentish.

I could see having a tribute command; that would be nice, have the benefit deity aligned as well. Although really I just thinking a straight up mana boost would be nice for low levels while hunting.

Fallen
03-25-2010, 11:09 PM
You also have Mana bread, which regenerates mana and spirit.

Queleri
03-25-2010, 11:13 PM
You also have Mana bread, which regenerates mana and spirit.

Yes but you lose the affect while hunting. Same with meditate; neither assist in helping during the actual hunting, it just speeds up how quickly you can hunt.

Not saying it's necessary but while I was playing him the other day the thought crossed my mind so thought I'd put it out there. Even if the affect wasn't a mana transfer but perhaps even just a similar bonus to mana bread that works while hunting; a sort of blessing from the gods for the sacrifice or offering, whatever verb you want to use really.

Was just a thought.

kgolfer
03-26-2010, 12:17 AM
How bout the notion that clerics aren't suppose to hunt?

Asrial
03-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Sorcerers were given sacrifice in an attempt to help their mana regen.

I don't want to see other professions go "..but I want a cool command too!"

Ryvicke
03-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Clerics are just supposed to 302 shit to death until level 60 or so, when they might be able to work in a 317 or a 319.

My 302 macro key has a groove worn into it.

OH unless you want to get a little saucy and train spell aim to the detriment of your CS. I fixskilled into that last year so I guess you could occasionally 306 stuff (better than smite on about 30% of undead, better than bane on 100%), or get some wizard wands and start going nuts.

Either way the cleric design hinges on very little mana/cast for a loooong time.