PDA

View Full Version : Selling Mandis Crystal Shards

Soulpieced
07-26-2003, 01:51 PM
What do you guys think. People have been selling shards for multi-millions. Only sentiments I've heard on regular boards are people moaning, whining, complaining. Threats about GM's blowing them up after the quest etc. Personally, I don't give a damn. If people are stupid enough to pay for a shard, they don't deserve the coins anyway. That's just my view though.

Edaarin
07-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Like I've stated before, a lot of this quest was badly thought out. But I'll give the GM's credit for fixing a lot of the problems (sniping arrows every 20 seconds causing rank 5+ wounds are now gone, but you can still die from an arrow every hour or so, or the sentries that only Tsin and Boomsplat and Drizzsdt could kill).

A lot of the people that ended up with the shards haven't exactly done a whole lot in the invasion. Normally what I'd say is let the people who have done all the fighting have the weapons, but then we'd just end up watching the Gryphons.

GS4Gurl
07-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Why would the shards sell for multi-millions? Do they provide any magical assistance? Why would anyone sell it? Don't you have to earn one?

HaXt
07-26-2003, 08:09 PM
Does anyone even know how to make a bane weapon yet?

Jack
07-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Making a bane weapon is rather simple. You scribe your slab of metal, put the shard on it, then forge the weapon. It worked fine the first night, since then it's been rather buggy, and each weapon needs a GM to come in and manually fix. I think most folks stopped forging and are holding out for the fix.
As for the people selling them, well, it's ridiculous. I can't belive anyone would pay for them, but since it's happenning, there's no stopping it really. In every invasion there are people out to make a profit from it, this one has had ample opportuities for people to make a few coins. From picking up weapons, to looting boxes and gems that are left behind by those fighting. I don't like it, but see no way it can be stopped, short of banning those that do it.

Soulpieced
07-26-2003, 08:24 PM
>get short
You draw the vultite short-sword. It makes a strange sound as it slides from your cloak, like the distant scream of a forlorn soul.
>raise short
You raise your vultite short-sword skyward! An uncomfortable, bone-deep ache runs through your upraised arm. You feel the power of the short-sword reaching out, searching the area...

You do not sense any Mandis Crystals nearby.

StrayRogue
07-26-2003, 11:55 PM
Do they bestow any combat ability, or just the script?

Soulpieced
07-27-2003, 09:09 AM
Not that I have seen.

Revalos
07-28-2003, 10:28 PM
Heh...since the countryside around the landing is now littered with five or six shards per room...I think the people that bought the shards feel REALLY stupid.

Edaarin
07-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Heh, there was a 2 minute period before they were able to make it so you can't pick up more than one a minute. A LOT of people swiped 6 or 7 from a room.

I gave away 11 of mine, still got 2, shoot me a U2U if you want one.

Drew2
07-29-2003, 01:10 AM
Icemule got a rain of shards themselves. I had about 20 or so myself until I gave away more than half.

Parkbandit
07-29-2003, 09:15 AM
I have 12... and they are all mine.

Mine I say.

You want one... pay me multimillions for it dammit.

07-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
What do you guys think. People have been selling shards for multi-millions.

Who are these "people" that are selling shards? The only person I know that is selling is an old bought rogue

Trinitis
07-29-2003, 12:16 PM
If no one minds, I'd like one! I was not in game last night, so I missed it. :(

-Adredrin

Parkbandit
07-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
If no one minds, I'd like one! I was not in game last night, so I missed it. :(

-Adredrin

Hope you have multi millions dammit..

If you catch Falgrin in game, whisper to him. Make sure you at least have something he values in exchange.

Taernath
07-29-2003, 01:04 PM
I had three people offer to give me a shard for free last night in Icemule. You'd probably find them easier if you left the Landing (which is where I'm assuming you are).

Trinitis
07-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Nope, I live in Icemule :)

-Adredrin