PDA

View Full Version : In game conflict.

Praefection
03-25-2004, 05:14 AM
This is a bit hard to explain but I'll do my best. In another thread there was a reference to Pudgee being Sean, and yes it's true. I happen to be friends with Rasko (another of his bodies that an old friend of mine uses) but I was not aware Pudgee was Sean until I read about it.

So anyway tonight I was visiting with Rasko and Sean logged in, wanting Rasko to go to the boulder and implode/kill maybe half a dozen people there. I basically tuned the whole thing out between going afk since I was at work. I DO NOT approve of anything they were planning and in the end they proceeded to kill and get killed in turn back and forth for maybe an hour. The last time I went to go see if I might play a neutral party and was killed. Thanks to me going there, I am now considered to be part of Sean's MAing group of never ending sold characters.

My concern is that Linsha will be stalked and hunted down because I was kind enough and yes, stupid to show up into such an ugly situation.

I try and keep to myself and avoid conflicts like this at all costs. Anyone who knows me, would know I AM NOT part of that fucking moron's group of friends. I don't want to resort to the WARN and GM interaction but I've tried speaking to the people involved and they are refusing to believe I am not part of that crowd.

What would you do in such a situation? Linsha is 22 and these are all great lords and older. She's pretty much easy bait for anyone who thinks they can hold a grudge against her. I can't see any in game way to prevent this kind of harassment besides going to a GM if it contines.

I shouldn't post when I'm tired either. Besides the ignoring and being ignored in turn I was basically told "if we see you around, you're fair game". I think that kind of shit was blown way out of context to where I am concerned. I have had several small spats but nothing EVER to the degree where it's being assumed that my big brothers are raising hell and that I know about about it, yada yada yada. I hate people.

To follow the trend., Discuss.

[Edited on 07-18-2003 by Praefection]

Praefection
03-25-2004, 05:17 AM
Oh and I should mention that I really do not wish to be forced out of the Landing either. That is her home town and all. Bleh.

Tsa`ah
03-25-2004, 06:05 AM
First it would be helpful to know how "neutral" of a party were you?

Second, and I'm sorry to say this, if you are continuously harassed you will have to resort to warns and assists. It sucks I know, but look at the type of person you're trying to reason with, a pack of Seans.

You already know your options, you listed them. You may not want to do any of them but those are pretty much your only choices.

I can offer one bit of sound advice. Choose your friends with a bit more caution.

Galleazzo
03-25-2004, 09:57 AM
Maybe stopping hanging around a place where all anyone does is pwn each other.

Myshel
03-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Stay away from the boulder. Simple. I've been in the game for awhile and the only times I've been there is to watch Ardwen kill someone. Never involve myself in those situations. So I don't have that problem and if you stay away from it neither will you.

Praefection
03-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Quoted by Myshel "Stay away from the boulder"

Not once did I mention this happened ON the boulder. Yes I was killed near the area but I was threatened and warned inside of town. I never go near that place and assuming that I was on the boulder is not a justification to being treated like something vile and it doesn't sit well with me. By them, not anyone else here.

I'm still tired (work sucks!) but I wish I kept logs when I was there. In no way, shape or form was I NEAR where all this crap was going on except for being seen through locates at a table talking before hand. And at the very end where I was going to attempt to be helpful. But having someone hiding singing a song of peace, dropping it when I entered the room and being swung by someone else was wrong. I don't give a shit if I was involved or not. It's still wrong. My friend who was dead and I were talking in whispers about the best way to get him out of there and lo and behold. Dead Linsha.

If I come off as being a bit snippy it's not meant to be offensive, perhaps I'll see things better once I've slept.

Kuyuk
03-25-2004, 11:10 AM
The boulder is a blast.

Stupidity at it's finest. And it's fun at 3 in the morning.

BTW, I've never had any luck with assists/reports about PvP and other players except 1 time, where the GM killed the person. Was funny and they deserved it, but it was a while ago.

Kuyuk

HarmNone
03-25-2004, 11:19 AM
You are in an uncomfortable position. There is no doubt of that. You got into that position by hanging out with Rasko, who hangs out with Sean (in whatever form Sean chooses to show himself). As long as that situation exists, you are going to bear the brunt of your choices and of theirs. Fair or not, that is how it is.

Sean's characters are trouble. They are now, and they have always been trouble. If you consort with pigs, you will be placed in a sty to live your life, and people will assume you, too, are a pig. That's the way it is, hon.

If I were you, I would explain to Rasko that I cannot be seen with him in-game anymore because of his connection to Sean and his characters. It will not be easy to say this kind of thing to a friend but, if you want to play the game with any kind of enjoyment, you will probably have to do it. Otherwise, you will pay the going price for your choice of friends. :(

HarmNone

Betheny
03-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Anyone that kills someone for being associated with another person is a jackass.

Personally, I'd avoid anyone that was buddies with someone I disliked, but I'd not go so far as to make their life hell unless they were to do something to me specifically.

Boulder people don't generally have such a mentality; it's very gang-ish.

It sucks to be in your position. My advice? Distance yourself from it, and the people involved in it. And if people pursue you, report and assist. Just leave the entire thing out of the game.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Like it or not, you are a product of the people you hang out with.

Hang out with assholes all the time, you will become one by association. Sorry, facts of life. Nut up and tell your dumb fuck friends to grow up or you don't need friends like that.

It constantly amazes me how people will surround themselves with bullshit drama, and wonder why they have so much drama in their lives.

Sean
03-25-2004, 11:32 AM
I try and avoid hanging out with Tayvin for just that reason. Everyone might think I'm a baby talking halfling also and make fun of me :(. On a serious note I think it's really nothing to worry about. Your actions will probably speak for themselves and people will beable to tell you apart from the collective (Rasko, Pudgee, etc.). In otherwords don't sweat it.

Satira
03-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Yeah and you really should stop hanging around that Satira skank too. You don't want Linsha to become one by association. Hehe.

Shari
03-25-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm really sorry this has happened to you. I had Jesae hanging out with a really shitty crowd about a year ago. I was attacked simply for associating with them. Eventually I just dropped my so-called "friends" and made new ones that weren't going to get me involved in stupid shit.

My best advice, distance yourself from those who you think are your friends because they will just end up using you and get you killed. It might even be wise to either move Linsha to a different town for a little bit or not play her for awhile. People that stupid are pretty quick to forget because they end up finding someone else to pick on quickly, however pathetic that is.

Good luck dear.