Guister
03-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Lithium, 1500mg
Aripiprazole, 30mg

Daily

For the last 2.5 years

AnticorRifling
03-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I drink 1 Dr. Pepper in the morning. I stopped that today as well.

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2010, 10:49 AM
You sure the lithium isn't covering the full-scope of your bi-polar disorder and you're in a manic phase right now, exemplified by an abrupt stop of your medications? Or scientology?

Fuck lithium though, that shit is like the Zyprexa of mood-stabilizers. We don't need livers.

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2010, 10:51 AM

Don't tell Jin. Or do. I really don't care. We're all going to die anyway. You're still the Palm Pre God :thumbup:

Guister
03-22-2010, 10:51 AM
It's poison.

Guister
03-22-2010, 11:00 AM
You sure the lithium isn't covering the full-scope of your bi-polar disorder and you're in a manic phase right now, exemplified by an abrupt stop of your medications? Or scientology?

Fuck lithium though, that shit is like the Zyprexa of mood-stabilizers. We don't need livers.

I don't know. I don't think I have Bipolar disorder, but when it gets drilled into you over and over again that you do, it kinda starts to sink in. Thus me taking medications for 2.5 years.

WRoss
03-22-2010, 11:10 AM

I usually have sex with my boss' underage daughter before I drop her off at school. Though today, I stopped dropping her off school. I feel like a new man already!

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't know. I don't think I have Bipolar disorder, but when it gets drilled into you over and over again that you do, it kinda starts to sink in. Thus me taking medications for 2.5 years.

BPD getting drilled in won't manifest itself as a a personality disorder with the characteristics of manic-depression, it's a mood-disorder, you won't be able to mimic serotonin levels overinflating or rapidly decreasing themselves in your brain no matter how hard you tried. If it's a misdiagnosis, and has been treated as such for 2-and-a-half years, it could make you neurotic as hell and subsequently develop as some Axis II disorder.

But just like a random ratio reinforcement and punishment schedule administered for just-the-fuck-of-it, you're bound to end up nutty.

Guister
03-22-2010, 11:11 AM
I usually have sex with my boss' underage daughter before I drop her off at school. Though today, I stopped dropping her off school. I feel like a new man already!

It's amazing what getting up early can do for you. Every new day is a new beginning!

Allereli
03-22-2010, 11:13 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FCDtU3GaKPU/SuCAzovFKkI/AAAAAAAAEU4/dQ_tQt2lQdQ/s320/Llama.JPG

Guister
03-22-2010, 11:14 AM
BPD getting drilled in won't manifest itself as a a personality disorder with the characteristics of manic-depression, it's a mood-disorder, you won't be able to mimic serotonin levels overinflating or rapidly decreasing themselves in your brain no matter how hard you tried. If it's a misdiagnose, it will make you neurotic as hell and could probably develop as some Axis II disorder.

But just like a random ratio reinforcement and punishment schedule administered for just-the-fuck-of-it, you're bound to end up nutty.

Say wha???

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Say wha???

If someone says you're a flying chihuahua, you're still not going to grow wings and turn into a canine, even if you accept such an opinion.

Guister
03-22-2010, 11:20 AM
If someone says you're a flying chihuahua, you're still not going to grow wings and turn into a canine, even if you accept such an opinion.

That's a fairly obvious point.

What I meant before was the mind can develop a certain opinion of itself, and you can start to present symptoms if that's the outlook you adopt.

For example, someone tells you you're depressed! Well, that in turn, will make you pretty depressed, won't it? And you'll start sulking a lot more.

Especially if you have a sensitive temperament and are deeply affected by social conditioning. And especially if you've had hospitalizations. And family telling you you're sick, etc.

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2010, 11:27 AM
No. No matter how many times someone tells you you've got a mood disorder of schizophrenia, and you're not (schizophrenic), if you make even a flawless replication of it, you've got some type of personality disorder that would be characterized as someone impersonating the characteristics of schizophrenia, whose neurological make-up is completely devoid of the actual brain activity patterns that would make you schizophrenic.

If you have been repeatedly misdiagnosed as having manic-depression, like I already said, you can't affect yourself deliberately to alter your serotonin levels and alter your biological functions to be clinically bi-polar. At best, you're being an emo with a self-fulfilling prophecy during the low-end of your personality-induced faux-cyclothymic phase and a camera whore, thinking "I'm living up to the manic expectations someone told me I have," on the personality-improvised hypomania component.

AnticorRifling
03-22-2010, 11:29 AM

So you're still nailin her but now she has to walk to school?

Guister
03-22-2010, 11:31 AM
It's hard for me to understand a lot of what you're saying, but I think I'm getting the gyst of it.

You're saying that BPD is a physical ailment, that cannot be replicated or faked.

I have to disagree with you there. It's possible to fake BPD. It's also possible to fake depression, and alcohlism, and a whole slew of other "psychological" disorders.

I guess the term is self-fulfilling prophecy. But in my opinion it's just being a hypochondriac.

CrystalTears
03-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't think either of you should go off your meds.

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2010, 11:44 AM
It's hard for me to understand a lot of what you're saying, but I think I'm getting the gyst of it.

You're saying that BPD is a physical ailment, that cannot be replicated or faked.

I have to disagree with you there. It's possible to fake BPD. It's also possible to fake depression, and alcohlism, and a whole slew of other "psychological" disorders.

I guess the term is self-fulfilling prophecy. But in my opinion it's just being a hypochondriac.

I specifically said it can be replicated and faked, so much in fact, that a bunch of college students working on a project, a while ago, exemplified psych overdiagnoses, by managing to get themselves admitted to hospitals for schizophrenia or some other Axis I or II disorder by feigning symptoms.

The whole point is whether knowingly faking or completely believing you have a mood disorder, no matter how hard you try and fake it or truly believe you suffer from it does not equate to you actually clinically having it.

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2010, 11:47 AM
And non-psychological related physical ailments have their own special place in the DSM that also contributes to your overall GAF.

Guister
03-22-2010, 11:52 AM
The whole point is whether knowingly faking or completely believing you have a mood disorder, no matter how hard you try and fake it or truly believe you suffer from it does not equate to you actually clinically having it.

So faking means you do not clinically have a disorder. Duh!

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2010, 11:58 AM
So faking means you do not clinically have a disorder. Duh!

Yeah, duh... :jerkit:

IMHO, if you dedicate yourself to walking around every night chopping the heads off of stray cats and mailing them to strangers, in an attempt to fake ASPD, you probably have some clinical psychiatric disorder, although it probably hasn't been penciled into the DSM.

Showal
03-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Go off your meds if you want. You'll find out soon enough if you're actually bi-polar.

Keep in mind, when you start going through your manic stage, you WILL go through your depression stage. The meds are intended to prevent the swings from happening, but once they do happen, the swings will have to run their course. The meds won't pull you out and stabilize you then.

I guess we'll understand what happens when you end up in Vegas with a 20,000 dollar debt and then understand why you're not posting for a while afterwards. It's kind of hard when you've plunged into a catatonic depression.

But sure, it's a worthwhile experiment if you so wish.

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Go off your meds if you want. You'll find out soon enough if you're actually bi-polar.

Keep in mind, when you start going through your manic stage, you WILL go through your depression stage. The meds are intended to prevent the swings from happening, but once they do happen, the swings will have to run their course. The meds won't pull you out and stabilize you then.

I guess we'll understand what happens when you end up in Vegas with a 20,000 dollar debt and then understand why you're not posting for a while afterwards. It's kind of hard when you've plunged into a catatonic depression.

But sure, it's a worthwhile experiment if you so wish.

Reading him, there's very little chance he's got the knack or the know-how to identify illusions-of-Grandeur. Plus, there's a good chance, in my mind, that he's having hypomanic symptoms and the decision to suddenly halt his meds is feeding off of that.

Either way, it should be fun to see what it looks like as message board text when synergy kicks in!

Guister
03-22-2010, 12:17 PM
We shall indeed see. Going off of medications is never easy. But once my body gets used to life without Lithium and Aripiprazole I'm hoping I'll start to feel more and more stable. Or at the very least have a slightly moody life, with mood swings. I can live with that. It's better than the cold numbness of medications.

Warriorbird
03-22-2010, 12:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention

Showal
03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Reading him, there's very little chance he's got the knack or the know-how to identify illusions-of-Grandeur. Plus, there's a good chance, in my mind, that he's having hypomanic symptoms and the decision to suddenly halt his meds is feeding off of that.

Either way, it should be fun to see what it looks like as message board text when synergy kicks in!

Manic symptoms are one of the main causes of going off meds.

Enjoy the manic state while you can. Rock out with your cock out.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
03-22-2010, 12:45 PM
There are options besides lithium if the side effects are really bugging you. A LOT of options.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you're in a hypomanic state right now and don't recognize it. I want to feel more + I want to be stable is an oxymoron when you have bipolar disorder. The amount that you 'feel' while in a mania or the crushing despair while in a depression is a guarantee that you will not be stable. I'm guessing you're going off of your meds on your own, as well, and without help or guidance from any medical professionals.

Medications and treatments should not make you feel numb, but that is a medication issue, not a diagnosis issue.

AnticorRifling
03-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Iron deficiency maybe?

Alexander Arms has this great supplement, the .50 Beowulf.

http://www.skhowell.com/images/Beowulf_Cartridges.jpg

Clove
03-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't think either of you should go off your meds.Win.

So faking means you do not clinically have a disorder. Duh!I can't get "What About Bob" out of my head when I read this.

There are options besides lithium if the side effects are really bugging you. A LOT of options.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you're in a hypomanic state right now and don't recognize it. I want to feel more + I want to be stable is an oxymoron when you have bipolar disorder. The amount that you 'feel' while in a mania or the crushing despair while in a depression is a guarantee that you will not be stable. I'm guessing you're going off of your meds on your own, as well, and without help or guidance from any medical professionals.

Medications and treatments should not make you feel numb, but that is a medication issue, not a diagnosis issue.Ditto.

Guister
03-22-2010, 03:25 PM
What about Bob is a great movie.

So I decided NOT to go off my medication. And that was stupid of me for considering that.

Stanley Burrell
03-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Iron deficiency maybe?

Alexander Arms has this great supplement, the .50 Beowulf.

http://www.skhowell.com/images/Beowulf_Cartridges.jpg

Win.

Manic symptoms are one of the main causes of going off meds.

Enjoy the manic state while you can. Rock out with your cock out.

I can't get Howard Zieff's "The Dream Team" out of my head now.

Ditto.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
03-22-2010, 08:58 PM
What about Bob is a great movie.

So I decided NOT to go off my medication. And that was stupid of me for considering that.

Seriously though, if the lithium makes you feel like shit, you're not alone, a lot of people are extremely sensitive to it. Go to your doctor and tell them you'd prefer to switch off of it and try something else and they can monitor you as you wean/taper off and introduce something new.

Latrinsorm
03-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Also if your doctor tells you you can quit any particular medication cold turkey, taper it off anyway.

Amber
03-23-2010, 03:31 AM
I don't think either of you should go off your meds.

X2

Clove
03-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Also if your doctor tells you you can quit any particular medication cold turkey, taper it off anyway.You should always follow your doctor's direction concerning medication; unless Latrinsorm advises differently.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
03-23-2010, 10:00 AM
You should always follow your doctor's direction concerning medication; unless Latrinsorm advises differently.

Latrin is right here. Whenever you're dealing with psychiatric meds it's better to be safe rather than sorry.

AnticorRifling
03-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Latrin is right here. Whenever you're dealing with psychiatric meds it's better to be safe rather than sorry.

Unless your Dr says quit cold turkey.

Asha
03-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Your doc will never cease your script cold turkey.
If you've been on it for years then you shouldn't just quit meds.
Some times you have to be prescribed to them your whole life and it's nothing more than having to take one pill a day. How hard is that?
You should be taking supplements anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

I can't figure out why you're quitting your meds or thought you should.
Either the routine of doing something once a day is too hard or you're just benefiting from the drugs enough to believe you're ready to stop them.
Which you aren't unless advised.
End.

AnticorRifling
03-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Your doc will never cease your script cold turkey.
If you've been on it for years then you shouldn't just quit meds.
Some times you have to be prescribed to them your whole life and it's nothing more than having to take one pill a day. How hard is that?
You should be taking supplements anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

Either the routine of doing something once a day is too hard or you're just benefiting from the drugs enough to believe you're ready to stop them.
End.

Never is a strong word.

As for "You should be taking supplements anyway, so it's not that big of a deal". LOL

Asha
03-23-2010, 10:47 AM

As for "You should be taking supplements anyway, so it's not that big of a deal". LOL

:lol:

Clove
03-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Latrin is right here. Whenever you're dealing with psychiatric meds it's better to be safe rather than sorry.Which is why you ought to always take your doctor's direction concerning them.

Stanley Burrell
03-23-2010, 03:10 PM
X2

C'mon.

Guister
03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
End.

Medications don't completely eliminate changes in mood. I think that I was (and still am to a degree) in a manic phase. And that combined with the fact that I've been on them consistently for a while now, and I'm starting to feel better, makes me, as you point out, feel "good enough" to go off the medications.

Plus there is the annoyance of taking medications. There's a certain amount of mental stygma that I place on it (perhaps unnecessarily) that makes me just not want to take meds or be bipolar or have any of these labels.

Stanley Burrell
03-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Medications don't completely eliminate changes in mood. I think that I was (and still am to a degree) in a manic phase. And that combined with the fact that I've been on them consistently for a while now, and I'm starting to feel better, makes me, as you point out, feel "good enough" to go off the medications.

Plus there is the annoyance of taking medications. There's a certain amount of mental stygma that I place on it (perhaps unnecessarily) that makes me just not want to take meds or be bipolar or have any of these labels.

What stigma? At worse, you'll go online, post that you're on medications and someone like me will tell you you're attention whoring, or will make a snarky comment hiding behind a computer screen about how you should stay on them -- And hash out ridicule that merits as much worth as its weight will continue to hold up on an online gaming forum. Fuck it, I revel in my Lexapro regardless of whatever stigma it carries, maybe I can take some Haldol and Thorazine to make text-based remarks that much more pointless, so..?

Have you been outside? Try telling one person in the real world, who isn't a doctor, that you're BPD and are on a mood-stabilizer to control your symptoms and see if they resemble these forum remarks. Also, the stigma associated with it is limited exactly to how hard you beat yourself over the head with. Not that I'm saying that's something that's going to be easy to dismiss. Perhaps some DBT, if you've got the assets.

How old are you, btw?

Guister
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
What stigma? At worse, you'll go online, post that you're on medications and someone like me will tell you you're attention whoring, or will make a snarky comment hiding behind a computer screen about how you should stay on them -- And hash out ridicule that merits as much worth as it's worth on an online gaming forum. Fuck it, I revel in my Lexapro regardless of whatever stigma it carries, maybe I can take some Haldol and Thorazine to make text-based remarks that much more pointless, so..?

Have you been outside? Try telling one person in the real world, who isn't a doctor, that you're BPD and are on a mood-stabilizer to control your symptoms and see if they resemble these forum remarks. Also, the stigma associated with it is limited exactly to how hard you beat yourself over the head with. Not that I'm saying that's something that's going to be easy to dismiss. Perhaps some DBT, if you've got the assets.

How old are you, btw?

Well spoken.

Obviously I'm relatively new to medications 2.5 years so I'm still a little rocky in having to take them. I'm sure I'll get better at this though.

I'm 26.

Stanley Burrell
03-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Well spoken.

Obviously I'm relatively new to medications 2.5 years so I'm still a little rocky in having to take them. I'm sure I'll get better at this though.

I'm 26.

Maybe you can explore DBT/therapy/etc. I don't know if the clinician giving you your meds is a psychiatrist, psychopharmacologist or psychotherapist.

Guister
03-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Maybe you can explore DBT/therapy/etc. I don't know if the clinician giving you your meds is a psychiatrist, psychopharmacologist or psychotherapist.

She's a psychiatrist. But I'm also in psychotherapy.

Stanley Burrell
03-23-2010, 06:03 PM
She's a psychiatrist. But I'm also in psychotherapy. The way it works here in Vancouver is a team approach.

That's good. Use it. Remember, when it's the hardest to drag your ass to psychotherapy is when you most likely need it the most.

Clove
03-23-2010, 06:33 PM
That's good. Use it. Remember, when it's the hardest to drag your ass to psychotherapy is when you most likely need it the most.x10. Medication and psychotherapy are a peanut butter and jelly combo. And SB is right, when you think you don't need therapy- go in anyway.

Latrinsorm
03-23-2010, 09:04 PM
You should always follow your doctor's direction concerning medication; unless Latrinsorm advises differently.If more people would just listen! So much suffering would be averted. It can be a curse sometimes, knowing everything about everything.

4a6c1
03-23-2010, 09:19 PM
I was about to post that I dont understand addiction but then I remembered my recent flimsy attempts at a vegan lifestyle. I really like eggs. Boiled. Scrambled. Flipped and flopped. I love eggs. Where is diethx? She has awesome eggs in her avatar. Creepy but awesome.

Anyways. It's not just eggs. Fish and shrimp...mmmm. Especially Catfish. I could do without the beef and ham. Maybe even the bird meat but yeah...

Hi my name is Robin and I enjoy animal food products. :(

AnticorRifling
03-23-2010, 10:25 PM
I was about to post that I dont understand addiction but then I remembered my recent flimsy attempts at a vegan lifestyle. I really like eggs. Boiled. Scrambled. Flipped and flopped. I love eggs. Where is diethx? She has awesome eggs in her avatar. Creepy but awesome.

Anyways. It's not just eggs. Fish and shrimp...mmmm. Especially Catfish. I could do without the beef and ham. Maybe even the bird meat but yeah...

Hi my name is Robin and I enjoy animal food products. :( Don't forget your love of the sausage.

4a6c1
03-23-2010, 11:11 PM
I do love sausage. I love it diced. I love it sliced. And fried and pied. And whined and cried. In a box. With a fox. I love sausage in my hair. I love sausage anywhere!

Xanator
03-23-2010, 11:24 PM

Hi my name is Robin and I enjoy animal food products. :(

You're not supposed to post in this thread unless you are or have a deeper understanding of feeling blue. Fortunately, you have made an obscure connection:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/art/Robin_eggs.jpg

4a6c1
03-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Robins eggs are always blue.

ElvenFury
03-24-2010, 09:47 AM
I do love sausage. I love it diced. I love it sliced. And fried and pied. And whined and cried. In a box. With a fox. I love sausage in my hair. I love sausage anywhere!
New Jihnas sig FTW.

Guister
03-24-2010, 09:51 AM
x

Guister
10-21-2010, 02:03 PM
New update:

I went off my meds again for 4 months now I'm back in the hospital. East coast this time.

It's good times. Food sucks. Nurses are nice some of the time. It just sucks in general. Never go off your meds.

Warriorbird
10-21-2010, 03:51 PM

Showal
10-21-2010, 04:00 PM
New update:

I went off my meds again for 4 months now I'm back in the hospital. East coast this time.

It's good times. Food sucks. Nurses are nice some of the time. It just sucks in general. Never go off your meds.

Never would have guessed this would have happened! You've made some great choices!