PDA

View Full Version : New Empath Help!!

Looty
03-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Hi i'm new to having an empath, and hope to make this a semi solid hunter, mostly threw casting.. CS and Casting AS i want to be huge..

I'm still in my first 30 days so i can change it up a few times.. any thought and suggestions are welcome please.

Strength (STR): 85 (17) ... 85 (17)
Constitution (CON): 46 (-2) ... 46 (-2)
Dexterity (DEX): 52 (6) ... 52 (6)
Agility (AGI): 61 (15) ... 61 (15)
Discipline (DIS): 51 (-5) ... 51 (-5)
Aura (AUR): 80 (15) ... 80 (15)
Logic (LOG): 71 (10) ... 71 (10)
Intuition (INT): 51 (0) ... 51 (0)
Wisdom (WIS): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Influence (INF): 82 (21) ... 82 (21)
Mana: 24 Silver: 1691

Half-Elf Empath

Strength (STR): 85
Constitution (CON): 45
Dexterity (DEX): 50
Agility (AGI): 60
Discipline (DIS): 50
Aura (AUR): 80
Logic (LOG): 70
Intuition (INT): 50
Wisdom (WIS): 90
Influence (INF): 80

Not sure how to place for maximum CS, not too worried about placing for max at level 100, if i make it that far i'll buy a fix stat poition just would like to be a very effective hunter.. heres my skills, which i realize i lacked mana share, which i will train in when i re-do my stats, just need advice first before i go on..

(at level 3), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 10 2
Shield Use.........................| 20 4
Edged Weapons......................| 20 4
Physical Fitness...................| 40 8
Magic Item Use.....................| 25 5
Spell Aiming.......................| 40 8
Harness Power......................| 40 8
Spirit Mana Control................| 10 2
Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 15 3
Perception.........................| 15 3
First Aid..........................| 20 4

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 2

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 3

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 3
Training Points: 33 Phy 58 Mnt
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

I guess i'm hoping to use runestaff when i get older, but singling in shield and ohe for now to kill them rats..

thanks in advance.

Kithor
03-22-2010, 12:07 AM
If you're going to be using a weapon until your 30 days are up switch to a 2-hander. If you don't plan on using a weapon at all I'd completely drop edged weapons and consider switching to a runestaff (or a shield with only one rank each in shield use and brawl for the DS).

If you plan on using spells to hunt and have access to spellups through friends or another account consider training 2x empath spells and 2x HP until you the end of your 30 days, the extra CS and mana helps a lot and the utility and defensive spells you'll miss will be made up for by a wizard spellup. 2x MIU if you plan on supplementing your hunting with wands until you can reliably activate the wands you want to use, and stop training in it once you hit that point (30-40 ranks i think depending on the wand)

Use the instant skill migration to your advantage: for starters don't worry about utility skills like first aid and perception until you're close to the end of your 30 days (even then I'd probably wait until later to pick them up if you won't be using them for anything specific), try a few extremes (like 2x empath spells) etc.

If you plan on using wands and bolt spells the low DEX will hurt a bit, bolt AS is based off your dex bonus.