PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Town.

Praefection
07-26-2003, 07:03 AM
I recently created a new persona and wanted to know what you think is the best town, and why? Most of the time I stay within the general area of the Landing since I know it inside and out. While I did begin once in the city of Ta'Vaalor I found it rather difficult for a spell caster. I'm lost in Icemule and haven't spent much time there at all. So fill me in on why your town should welcome a new character!

Ilvane
07-26-2003, 09:08 AM
I love Icemule. All of my characters have started there, with the exception of one. I don't really like Ta'Vaalor, even though Ilvane is a Vaalor. I don't really enjoy the Landing because it's too busy. Solhaven was too quiet, but is nice for a vacation.:) Teras wasn't my thing either, but the people there were really nice.

-A

Zacciwie
07-26-2003, 04:17 PM
I like Ta'Illistim. There's something about the mood of the place, except for the dislike of dark elves, that I like. It seems cleaner and wealthier than the rest of them. Ta'Vaalor... I could never tell where I was in that place. Teras.... too quiet and stranded. Icemule.... not much for me to do there. Landing.... too many people. River's Rest.... not enough people and too stranded. Zul Logoth.... too quiet. Solhaven.... needs more people in the southern part. I like towns that aren't seperated too much from the rest. I like to travel a lot from town to town; can't stand being stuck in one.

Taernath
07-26-2003, 04:41 PM
Icemule. I love the layout and the smaller population.

Bobmuhthol
07-26-2003, 06:37 PM
The Landing. It's superior. Far superior. You're all dumb. Landing wins.

StrayRogue
07-27-2003, 01:34 AM
Icemule. The people are alot nicer than the landing folk, its a bit smaller, a bit quieter, generally better. Only problem is the Hunting sucks for me right now, we have the whole Alana/Skyfawn resuce vulture squad, all the Gracy shit, no black net and no frigging guild members.

CrystalTears
07-27-2003, 03:27 AM
Solhaven. It's small so you get that community and family feeling, and there are lots of things there to occupy your time, and it's still close enough to the landing if the need arises. I had all my girls living there. :)

Praefection
07-29-2003, 04:58 AM
I've rethought my plans about trying to start out a persona in Icemule after a charming interaction this early morning. I was slightly annoyed and took out that anger on the amunet. I must say I was not impressed with the quality of people I ran in to there. Heck, it was just like the Landing, only with everyone banding together! I think I'll stick with the town I know and where at least I have the ample choice to listen to everyone bite each other's head off. Ahhhh, fair game.

Drew2
07-29-2003, 06:02 AM
Again, if you go to the thread called Tayre (Where she took this against me personally), you will see that she did indeed 'take her anger out on the amunet' and told everyone she hated the town. Of course we directed her to the gates if she was so unhappy, and she got all huffy, so we got all puffy, and we blew her off her high horse.

Praefection
07-29-2003, 06:26 AM
Just going to clarify something. Yes I've had encounters with folks in Icemule over the years I've played and none of them have struck me well. I was thinking the population *might* have actually grown and changed but it hasn't judging from Tayre's reactions, and the rest of the town to a single loud voice. Semiera is played as being loud, crass and outspoken to name several of her attributes. Of course she's going to bitch and whine when her life doesn't go just right. To further clarify, when I said I hated Icemule it was said through Semiera's standpoint to begin with, but the following interaction turned me off altogether. What I saw in that time was a bunch of petty, silly shit that went on further than needed. Which was the basis behind the posting here where I felt Icemule wasn't the right town for the new persona I would be trying to build. I'm sure there are good people in town and maybe I just saw the ugly side of it. So if you weren't there, please disregard anything said about the town. My dislike of the town is IC and I don't want it to be confused with my feelings as a player. I'm tired and I know I'm not making a lot of sense right now.

Drew2
07-29-2003, 06:33 AM
I have taken Praefection's subject to the Gemstone Complaints folder, since this will just progress into an argument anyway.