PDA

View Full Version : 4x MCW heavy ironwood flail

SourD
03-15-2010, 09:09 PM
ok so this flail weighs about 12 lbs. heres my prob ok the descript says ironwood when i inspect it , it says wood. wood gives me a -20 bonus. but ironwood is supposed to give a 0 bonus but theres an enchanters glyph on it and the bard said he couldt figure out anything about the enchantment. i assisted and they sent me a referall to a GM to see if he will fix the bonus... any idea what this would be worth either way? and suggestions comments?

Chaddy
03-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm very curious as to how you came about owning this item with next to no knowledge of its properties. Also how do you know it's MCW? I find it very hard to believe that a bard wouldn't be able to tell enchant, but could discern weighting. Maybe it was enchanted from -20 to 0x providing your facts or straight.

Durgrimst
03-15-2010, 09:14 PM
If by 4x you get +0 to AS but can still hit magical critters, a decent bit, but if it is +20 to AS then a lot.

SourD
03-15-2010, 09:20 PM
well i just had a warrior asses it for the MCW and i bought it about 3 years ago and i have just recently returned to the lands. i never realized about the wood thing.

thefarmer
03-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Items made of ironwood, still inspect as 'wood'. So it doesn't make a difference what the noun is.

If it can hit magical creatures as is, cancel your assist. You're just asking for them to pwn the shit out of it.

edit: You're not going to get enchants added to it in a referral.

SourD
03-15-2010, 09:21 PM
If by 4x you get +0 to AS but can still hit magical critters, a decent bit, but if it is +20 to AS then a lot.

and whats considered decent and alot now adays? ive been away a while

SourD
03-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Items made of ironwood, still inspect as 'wood'. So it doesn't make a difference what the noun is.

If it can hit magical creatures as is, cancel your assist. You're just asking for them to pwn the shit out of it.

so does ironwood still give a -20 bonus to your attack?

thefarmer
03-15-2010, 09:25 PM
so does ironwood still give a -20 bonus to your attack?

Sometimes.

Just... swing it and find out what enchant it is.

SourD
03-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Sometimes.

Just... swing it and find out what enchant it is.

did swing it.it gives a 0 bonus. but when i assisted they said ironwood wasnt supposed to have a negative bonus

audioserf
03-16-2010, 08:12 AM
So what was the resolution?

When you swing it and then swing a plain flail off a goblin, what are the resulting AS difference (if any?)

Is this flail ultimately 0x MCW?