PDA

View Full Version : And the licensing rolls on

That Jay
03-12-2010, 11:58 AM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1076700p1.html

HeroEngine Announces Licensing Agreement with Idea Fabrik
Virtual world Echoverse to use revolutionary engine.

March 11, 2010 - GAITHERSBURG, MD - Simutronics today announced that Idea Fabrik is licensing HeroEngine for its upcoming flagship virtual world game, Echoverse. The game will combine real life and digital life as players create their own echo in the universe, enabling a revolutionary array of commerce and entertainment opportunities.

"With development studios in Austin and Kiev, we needed an engine that would work seamlessly across the globe," said John Jenkins, CEO/ CFO of Idea Fabrik." HeroEngine provides our team with necessary tools to work together in real-time, drastically reducing our development time."

HeroEngine alters the traditional development process by allowing development teams around the globe to collaborate in real-time. The engine has been licensed for a variety of projects including BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic.

For more information, please visit http://www.Echoverse.com/ and www.HeroEngine.com.

About Simutronics
Simutronics Corp. has 20 years of expertise in the business of multiplayer online games, developing innovative original entertainment and technology solutions. The company's two divisions, HeroEngine and Simutronics Games, focus on technology development and licensing and the creation of original games, respectively.

HeroEngine is the world's only 3D online agile development platform that supports real-time development and collaboration, reducing time and cost to market for virtual worlds and MMO (massively-multiplayer online) games. Licensees include BioWare (Star Wars: The Old Republic), ZeniMax Online, and many more around the world who demand a better process for developing and maintaining online worlds.

Simutronics has offices in St. Charles, MO and Gaithersburg, MD. Additional information is available at www.play.net and www.heroengine.com.

Geshron
03-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Echoverse sounds pretty retarded for sure. So angry they never fucking made HJ, idiots.

Jayvn
03-12-2010, 04:34 PM
if anyone saw gamer...echoverse is the next closest step to that sim world..it's looks like it's geared towards overweight guys pretending to be schoolgirls....

AestheticDeath
03-12-2010, 05:26 PM
I still cannot comprehend how a company who fails so bad at getting things done for Gemstone, can make an engine that others want to use.

Latrinsorm
03-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Has anyone technically finished any of their HeroEngine-enhanced projects, though?

LMingrone
03-12-2010, 06:07 PM
I really never understood why they got into graphical games. Simu could/used to fill the text based niche. They have no way to compete with the big studios.

Salueha
03-16-2010, 02:25 PM
if anyone saw gamer...echoverse is the next closest step to that sim world..it's looks like it's geared towards overweight guys pretending to be schoolgirls....

The same can be said about SecondLife. I read over the Echoverse site, and it reminds me a lot of what SecondLife is. From the screenshots, it appears that it will have better graphics though. The platform SecondLife is ran on is extremely inefficient when it comes to system resources. It's also very limited and just now getting around to things like real time shadows.

As far as the "overweight guys prending to be schoolgirls" argument, couldn't the same thing apply to GSIV and pretty much every other section of the internet? :P I'm not arguing that it isn't a little, umm, disgusting? The anonymous nature of the internet allows for some pretty crazy stuff. Oh, and you couldn't offer me any sum of money to let some disgusting old man take control of my body. Gamer was a fun movie to watch for sure, but some of the scenes were just gross.

Sylvan Dreams
03-16-2010, 03:21 PM
In related news, the additional license for HeroEngine just paid for another 10 years of life for Gemstone IV and DragonRealms, whereas the other Simutronics games will now be kept "alive" indefinitely.