PDA

View Full Version : Fire Mages suck...

Stunseed
03-23-2004, 09:06 AM
A fiery-robed war mage leaves a trail of fire in the air while gesturing at you!
The ground beneath your feet begins to boil violently!
Fiery debris explodes from the ground!
... 5 points of damage!
Blow connects with your abdomen winding you.
... 25 points of damage!
Flames incinerate right leg to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.
You are knocked to the ground!
You are stunned for 5 rounds!
... 10 points of damage!
Burst of flames to back toasts skin nicely.
... 10 points of damage!
Burst of flames to left hand burns fingers bright red.
The ground then quickly cools.

Which leads to this....

A fiery-robed war mage leaves a trail of fire in the air while gesturing at you!
CS: +324 - TD: +174 + CvA: -6 + d100: +73 == +217
Warding failed!
Your crafted massive waraxe is struck with a fiery-robed war mage's cast.

Then the finale....

* Stunseed just bit the dust!

So, in conclusion, Fire Mages suck ass.

Discuss.

Wezas
03-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Agreed.

CS: +324 - TD: +269 + CvA: +12 + d100: +74 - -5 == +146
Warding failed!
Your mind goes completely blank.
Forced to stance offensive.

The ground beneath your feet begins to boil violently!
Fiery debris explodes from the ground!
... 15 points of damage!
Glancing blow to your left eye scratches cornea!
... 25 points of damage!
Flames incinerate right leg to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.
You are knocked to the ground!
... 25 points of damage!
Flames burn hole in chest exposing ribs!
... 10 points of damage!
Burst of flames to right leg burns skin bright red.
The ground then quickly cools.

A fiery-robed war mage hurls a stream of fire at you!
AS: +477 vs DS: +273 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +95 = +333
... and hits for 126 points of damage!
Flames toast left cornea. Consider an eyepatch.

* Wezas just bit the dust!

and 10 or so minutes later....

The world before you dissolves into a grainy montage of color...

You find yourself wandering amidst endless streaming light and vast nothingness. This place feels torn between two powers, polar opposites vying for your loyalty. You are surrounded by the spirits of those who could not choose. The only way out seems to be through light or darkness.

Time has no meaning as you wander aimlessly amidst the uncomfortable tugging for your attention. Hopelessness washes over dreams you once held like the creeping tide of doom.

After what could be moments, or perhaps an eternity, the goddess Lorminstra finds you wandering in the endless space and speaks soothingly to you. She gently reassembles the pieces of your tattered soul and then, taking you by the hand, the goddess leads you back to mortality...

[Chamber of Manifest Grace]

That, plus a death as soon as I entered gemstone (from a V'tull warrior, I have no clue why my runestaff wasn't out).

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-23-2004, 09:24 AM
I love the mages :) I think they are a year or two older than me, based on how much I learn from them.

Stunseed
03-23-2004, 09:27 AM
I'm out here hunting the warriors right now, but those mages are tearing me a new one every time.

DaMaGe
03-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Stunseed, IM me at AdaM iS DaMaGeD whenever you've got a minute. I've got some rangerly questions for you.

-Adam

Stunseed
03-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Sorry, I'm working overnights this week, so I am not available for GS questions from 9am to 5pm. Please co-ordinate an appointment with my secratary, or simply U2U your question. I do answer questions at my job, but that is throughout the night as per my slave-driver's want to give me a break.

Thank you for calling the firm of Deesnuts, and Deesnuts. Good-bye!

Soulpieced
03-23-2004, 09:58 AM
3 words, song of noise.

Wezas
03-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
3 words, song of noise.

4 words, my bard is 19

Celexei
03-23-2004, 11:33 AM
I don't mess with the mages, wouldn't make it for a second, but those damn minotaurs and there neck shots are what gets me, everytime i try leavin town, less i find someone who's runnin REALLY fast i get dropped.......and the massive stone giants that love to tear your arms clean off when your already on the ground.....or the ones that char your hands and remove your fingernails.....troll princes that rip flesh from ya......and my favorite...the axe grind to the face

pennywise
03-23-2004, 12:55 PM
Mages provided me some of the most exciting and enjoyable hunting in the lands. Get yourself a good group. I was a sorcerer, so I could solo hunt them with torment so long as they didnt swarm, or just go toe to toe with them and take the death hits after dcing the crap outa them. But a group is best, tons of fun, if someone dies, lk them and watch the swarming begin.

After normal hunts I usually looked like this

--------------------------------

You have minor bruises about the head, some minor cuts and bruises on your right arm
some minor cuts and bruises on your left arm, a fractured and bleeding right leg, a fractured
and bleeding left leg, deep lacerations across your chest, minor cuts and bruises on your
abdominal area, deep lacerations across your back, a bruised right eye, and a bruised left eye.

Bleeding:
Area Health per Round
----------------------------------
Left leg 2
Chest 4
Right leg 2

You have a fractured and bleeding right arm, some minor cuts and bruises on your left arm, a
fractured and bleeding right leg, a fractured and bleeding left leg, deep lacerations across your
chest, deep lacerations across your abdominal area, deep lacerations across your back, and a bruised
left eye.

Bleeding:
Area Health per Round
----------------------------------
Chest 4
Abdomen 4
Left leg 4
Right leg 2
Right arm 1

Maximum Health Points: 133
Remaining Health Points: 56
You are feeling weakened.

Maximum Spirit Points: 10
Remaining Spirit Points: 9

Stunseed
03-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Ha! Take that bitches!

Name: Lord Stunseed
Profession: Mountaineer
Race: Human Gender: Male
Strongest foe vanquished: a fiery-robed war mage

Galleazzo
03-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Damn! How do you get to be a mountaineer? (Or is that a ranger thing.)

Stunseed
03-25-2004, 12:20 AM
It's a Ranger profession available at 40 trains, I'm thinking. It also fits my Ranger since he hunts on a mountain for the past like 2 years.

Sean
03-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Mages are fun I guess ... Until you kill one and it gives you a major head wound. Some payoff.