PDA

View Full Version : Psinet is dead.

phantasm
03-08-2010, 03:04 PM
For the longest time I have been a supporter of psinet, and was really bothered by everyone from the lich community that would post in every psinet thread trying to get people to move over.

Well, today, I just realized something. Psinet is dead.

Psinet relies entirely on tsoran's map for ATLAS. Tsorans maps haven't been updated in ages.

Tsoran was kind enough to release the viso files so people could update them for themselves.

This was a year ago.

Jamus still hasn't updated atlas so we can put updated maps into it.

You have to jump around a bunch of circles, keep the file the same resolution, and its just generally a pain in the ass.

I have been struggling to get my copies updated and working in ATLAS.

Until Jamus can update this, psinet is basically dead unsupported software, and I am installing lich tonight.

Mogonis
03-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Welcome to Lich.

TheEschaton
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
You know what else is dead? Gemstone.

Kuyuk
03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
I cant figure out how to use lich effectively.

I want psinets spellup leetness and not have to make all my spells aliases to cast them with just putting 601 or 102 or whatever.

AnticorRifling
03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
That girl Glenn Beck killed?

Deathravin
03-08-2010, 03:46 PM
You know what else is dead? Gemstone.

Shhh... You'll wake the Umu.

Marl
03-08-2010, 03:48 PM

I want psinets spellup leetness and not have to make all my spells aliases to cast them with just putting 601 or 102 or whatever.

;repo download waggle

;waggle setup (fix your settings)

;waggle or ;waggle character

= done

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Does Jamus even play/post/read posts/support psinet anymore?

That's like 4 questions in 1 using uber backslash skills.

Deathravin
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM

He does (as far as I know). He's been pretty active making his scripting engine.

ElvenFury
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM

cough*forwardslash*cough

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Depends on how you look at it.

I always think of backslash as / and forward slash as \. Not sure why.

Kuyuk
03-08-2010, 03:52 PM
;repo download waggle

= done

You sir, are awesome.

Marl
03-08-2010, 03:55 PM
You sir, are awesome.

just hit

;repo

and if anything catches your eye as something cool hit

;repo info

and it will tell you what it does.

my favorites are

sloot2
voodoo2
narost - pops up a map and you just click the mapo where you want to go
go2

Nilandia
03-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Add wander to the list of awesome Lich scripts. That's pure sexiness right there.

Gretchen

Nilandia
03-08-2010, 04:08 PM
;repo download waggle

= done
Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't waggle have issues with the justice system that swaggle fixed?

Gretchen

Alorn15
03-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Kuyuk -

The other part of your question is answered with voodoo.lic. Or voodoo2.lic, or whatever they're up to now. Just ask on chat.

droit
03-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Another nice script for psinet converts is ;autosort. It'll organize your containers like baggage did in psinet:

In the leather jacket you see a red gold leather-wrapped dagger, a pair of small steel jaws and the following:
5 Scroll: a light scroll, a crumbling scroll, a dark scroll, an obscure palimpsest and a golden scroll.
2 Wand: a small rod and a long rod.
5 Magic: a small statue (5).
(14 Total)

Drew
03-08-2010, 05:04 PM

Add to your favorites these:

autosort
voodoo2
staminabar (if you use the wizard and care about stamina)
autoexp

I'm not at home to check right now but I believe the syntax is ;fav add autosort

repeat ad infinitum

Flessen
03-08-2010, 05:10 PM
^^^^^^

but I also have Gibs_Uberbar since I use SF.

Drew
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM
^^^^^^

but I also have Gibs_Uberbar since I use SF.

Yeah I've heard good things about that, but I don't use it.

Other recommendations, whenever you go to a new hunting area use ;go2 to save the location (;go2 save cave trolls=current) then to get to your hunting ground all you have to do is type ;go2 cave trolls and to return to town ;go2 town (this is preset). Lots of things are preset, ;go2 bank, ;go2 gemshop. I save the locations of the Adventurer's guild with the town first initial and then AG so for the landing I use ;go2 lag to get a task and ;go2 lguard to take me to the guard to ask him about the task.

Once you are in the hunting ground go to all the exits of the hunting ground, step out and type ;wander add

Then you can use ;wander to very effectively move around the hunting ground to find critters. Wander will climb cliffs, go through doors, cross planks, whatever. You can also wander for a certain type or types of creature if you don't want to hunt everything, for instance ;wander orc troll

xdigitalx
03-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Could someone give an overall summary of lich? How do you get it, what will it do for you that psinet doesn't, what does psinet do that lich won't. Those kinds of things.

Sagoth

Mogonis
03-08-2010, 05:28 PM
http://www.lichproject.org

You don't even need your questions answered.

Flessen
03-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Lich has updated maps.
Narost is like Psinet's Atlas. Except we have more rooms mapped.
Our go2 is very much like your goto except ours will solve puzzles that you have to travel through.
Voodoo or Voodoo2 is like Psinet's.
Autosort is like Psinet's autosort.
Sorter is pretty cool for people who want things to be sorted differently.
Waggle or Swaggle is like Psinet's Magic. You just need to do the setup and set things first.
Circle, Armor, Weapon, Lockpick, Arkati, Wood are all like Psinet's ?library.
I believe, although not sure, that Lich, Ruby takes up less space on computer than Psinet and Atlas.

Not to mention a bunch of scripts that will help you on just about everything.
Autowar a warrior script that is like the old Guildx for rogues. Except this is far superior.
colanswers, answers col questions automatically.
svoln, keeps track of progress through Voln. Including how much favor to step.
sloot, sloot2 will skin, loot critters then pick up the items and stow them away.
useherb and herbheal are scripts that will automatically heal you down using herbs. Herbheal takes it one step farther. It will go and get the herb for you from the herbalist.
Lich has a ;alias just like Psinet's Alias. You can ;alias add goto=;go2 for those of you who are having trouble remembering to use ;go2 instead of goto. You will need to remember (Or write down) the new room numbers. You can get those with ;go2 and it will pull up a list. ;go2 Icemule will show you a bunch of different locations. Or just go to the spot and ;whereami and it will show you the room number.

The best thing of all is. If there is a problem with lich and usually with alot of the scripts. Just let somebody know. If the problem is with Lich or something of that nature. Tillmen almost always has it fixed in minutes. Now tell me, does Psinet do that?

Flessen
03-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Although you will have to note. Some scripts you will have to ;trust in order for them to work. Its good to look at the scripts to make sure of what they do. This is just a precaution.

Allereli
03-08-2010, 06:10 PM
http://www.scla.us/images/everready.jpg

Nilandia
03-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I'll toss xpsf on the list of scripts I use all the time. It adds three lines to my StormFront experience window: experience gained since login, experience gained in the last 10 minutes and experience gained in the last pulse. Very handy to keep running at all times.

Gretchen

kookiegod
03-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Someone should redo ;autowar for the rogue's guild..../drool

~Paul

Flessen
03-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I forgot about xpsf. Although I use Gibs_uberbar. Which does all that and more.

wizard people can use autoexp I think. Works just like Psinet's xp.

SpiffyJr. was working on a rogue's guild version at one point. Then stopped. Maybe in the future.

Latrinsorm
03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
staminabar (if you use the wizard and care about stamina)/want

Drew
03-08-2010, 07:25 PM
/want

It's an extremely excellent addition.

Drew
03-08-2010, 07:25 PM
wizard people can use autoexp I think. Works just like Psinet's xp.

Autoexp works slightly different. ;xp does basically the exact same thing.

Flessen
03-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Autoexp does a downstream hook. So when you do EXP in game. It will pull the info.

Deathravin
03-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I bet I could modify my uberbar to work with Wizard too... I've been too damn busy lately, but if I do that, I'll go ahead and implement that pulse timer while I'm at it.

I'll crack it open tonight... or tomorrow... and take a look at it.

Drew
03-09-2010, 09:34 AM
I bet I could modify my uberbar to work with Wizard too... I've been too damn busy lately, but if I do that, I'll go ahead and implement that pulse timer while I'm at it.

I'll crack it open tonight... or tomorrow... and take a look at it.

Does the pulse timer on uberbar work better than the one that has always come with the wizard?

crb
03-09-2010, 09:48 AM
I dislike how Atlas is constantly getting corrupted when it updates. Then roomids change all the time. Its hard to keep things consistent with it. I'm slowly migrating all my movement scripts to lich, it is superior.

That, and psinet aliases seem to get corrupted a good deal too.

caelric
03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Why do you need movement scripts when you have ;go2 ?

Deathravin
03-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Does the pulse timer on uberbar work better than the one that has always come with the wizard?

Pulse timer on Wizard is 120 seconds, and restarts upon a pulse.

But Pulses in the game do not work the way they did when the pulse timer was implemented. You'll notice that sometimes the timer works, and sometimes it doesn't. I have a whole post about how it actually works somewhere, and I'll have to dig up my findings when I sit down to play with it.

Lets put it like this... You will have a timer, and the last 40 seconds or so will be absolutely accurate down to the second, if you have experience in your bucket or are gaining stamina. If you don't have xp in your bucket, I'll have to think of a good way to do it... It's sort of what I stumbled on last time, but I was working in the confines of SF, I'll see what options Ruby GTK gives me.

Drew
03-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of how mana pulses work, maybe you should mosey on over to the "mechanics questions" thread.

crb
03-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Why do you need movement scripts when you have ;go2 ?

they're compound scripts

psuedo code

goto bank
put depo all
goto rest

goto guard
put ask guard about bounty
put goto guild
put ask jari about task
put ask jari about task
parse task
put goto guard/jeweler/furrier/herbalist
ask whomever about task
put goto rest

Etc

So I type one command, and it gets a new task and returns to my rest spot

Carblin
03-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Ok, So I downloaded and installed Lich. I'm playing around with it currently. The only issue I've found so far, is autowar does not work in the Icemule warrior guild apparently (the guild is unmapped?) and it seems lnet is screwed up, because it keeps telling me to update it, yet it says everything is up to date. O.o

caelric
03-09-2010, 11:39 AM
they're compound scripts

Ah, I see. Well, no need to modify those scripts; you can just make goto an alias for ;go2 and the scripts should work just fine.

caelric
03-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Ok, So I downloaded and installed Lich. I'm playing around with it currently. The only issue I've found so far, is autowar does not work in the Icemule warrior guild apparently (the guild is unmapped?) and it seems lnet is screwed up, because it keeps telling me to update it, yet it says everything is up to date. O.o

Yeah, something is/was up with lnet this morning, I got the same thing about updating, but updater says everything is up to date.

Tillmen
03-09-2010, 11:57 AM

The updater script relies on your computer's date, time, and timezone being correct. It's not the only way to update scripts though. Just use:

;rep download lnet
;k lnet
;lnet

And shouldn't you people be in the Lich forum?

crb
03-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Ah, I see. Well, no need to modify those scripts; you can just make goto an alias for ;go2 and the scripts should work just fine.

roomids wouldn't match.

Deathravin
03-09-2010, 01:06 PM
I have a very complete set of aliases for go2 that I have set up in a global variable with another script that starts every time I log in...

Then I modify the go2 script to point its rather limited list to my global variable.

So that script for me...
save current room#
;go2 bank
deposit all
;go2 saved room#

(obviously that's not code).

SpiffyJr
03-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Someone should redo ;autowar for the rogue's guild..../drool

~Paul

I was working on one and, iirc, had tasks and goto working. Then I realized how much time I was spending coding for a game with little to no development and quit. I'll be back... someday.

Tillmen
03-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Spiffy is alive!

SpiffyJr
03-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Spiffy is alive!

I've been very busy with Blitzaroo (http://www.blitzaroo.com or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blitzaroo/329926255623) and my new job. Stupid real life...

phantasm
10-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Yep, still dead. Giving lich another try.

Makkah
10-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Awesome you bump a thread 7 months old.

horibu
10-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Anyone have the latest version that they could PM me? I'm needing it to talk with buddies that won't convert to Lich. Thanks.

Drunken Durfin
10-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Anyone have the latest version that they could PM me? I'm needing it to talk with buddies that won't convert to Lich. Thanks.

You need smarter friends. :tumble:

Ysamine
10-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah..I know..I'm a techtard. I wish it wasn't so..but it is.

And it's not that I won't...more of a case of I can't. See above.

phantasm
10-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Lich is marvelous.

It wasn't any harder to setup than psinet.

The only problem I'm having now is that I set ;waggle to the "no jerks" option.

Drunken Durfin
10-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah..I know..I'm a techtard. I wish it wasn't so..but it is.

And it's not that I won't...more of a case of I can't. See above.

Come on over to the Lich folder, we'll help.