PDA

View Full Version : 28 days later...

Jenisi
07-26-2003, 01:20 PM
28 days later is offically the worst movie I have ever seen. I beg anyone that reads this to not waste their money on the film. Unless of course you dig bad acting, horrible directing, and a movie that doesn't even explain why anything is happening. Anyways, thanks for listening to my plea.

Bobmuhthol
07-26-2003, 01:24 PM
Never heard of it. Didn't plan on hearing about it. You just wasted my time, Jenisi. THANKS A LOT.

Scott
07-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Don't forget a horrible picture.... It had to have been a $1000 budget.

Jenisi
07-26-2003, 01:48 PM
My bad.

Back
07-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Holy crap. Its the BEST movie I've seen in years! It was shot in digital video I think, which gives it a gritty feel. It was low budget, and I think they made a movie that was more enjoyable than any current blockbuster out of Hollywood.

For zombie flick fans, its a must. These aren't your old lumbering, slow, hunks of dead flesh. These suckers waste no time getting down to business. And it has a story that is just a wee bit more believable.

It has the harsh edge and pacing of Terminator. Actually its more harsh. Portrayed in a very realistic way. And there is a whole undercurrent of societal commentary. Seriously, everone I've talked to has loved it.

Jenisi
07-26-2003, 02:49 PM
Yeah cuz the action scenes only lasted 5 damn seconds. And they don't explain why only what? 10 people survived, some died and some turned into dead zombies.

[Edited on 7-26-2003 by Jenisi]

Back
07-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Yeah cuz the action sences only lasted 5 damn seconds. And they don't explain why only what? 10 people survived, some died and some turned into dead zombies.

About the action... dunno what to say. Watch WWF I suppose. I thought the action was portrayed realistically, and there was so much more to the story than just action. I think it was shot that way on purpose. Ever see Gladiator? Remember how those action scenes were real choppy? 28 Days used a similar approach and to me it added to the realism.

Not sure if you caught the whole thing because it was all explained in the beginning. That first scene set the whole movie up. Later, its explained again why some people survived. It was an infection transmitted through eyes, nose, mouth or wounds by saliva or blood.

Anyway, hey, you didn't like it. I did. I'd recommend it. You wouldn't. Thats life.

Scott
07-26-2003, 03:00 PM
I understood the movie, I just didn't like it. I mean the movie was explained, the only problem was it was just boring and blah....

StrayRogue
07-27-2003, 01:40 AM
Let me guess Jenisi, you're American. Most americans hate english movies, hence why they never sell over there and here for that matter. You guys are too busy pushing your garbage down everyone elses throats.

Sorry if it didn't live up the mindless miasma of American action and spectacle. Sorry it wasn't Resident Evil, Alien Ressurection and a whole host of classic American action movies. Sorry. I apologize for my country, Danny Boyle and every British movie ever made. Sorry.

Scott
07-27-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Let me guess Jenisi, you're American. Most americans hate english movies, hence why they never sell over there and here for that matter. You guys are too busy pushing your garbage down everyone elses throats.

Sorry if it didn't live up the mindless miasma of American action and spectacle. Sorry it wasn't Resident Evil, Alien Ressurection and a whole host of classic American action movies. Sorry. I apologize for my country, Danny Boyle and every British movie ever made. Sorry.

What the hell are you talking about?

Back
07-27-2003, 01:51 AM

There is always the exception, like myself. Does that make me exceptional? By the way, 28 Days is doing phenomenally well over here. In fact, they are releasing the alternative ending here in the states next month in the theaters. I went last Thursday, and after a month, the theatre was packed.

You Brits are too damn polite. Screw em if they didn't like it. Its not your fault. Its a kick ass film.

Taernath
07-27-2003, 02:41 AM
Isn't the alternate already out? I thought it was released on the 25th.

imported_Kranar
07-27-2003, 02:50 AM
Actually I do find U.S. movies to be superior to British movies overall. Hollywood however, has not been doing so well this year in terms of originality.

Movies are now either sequels, or adaptations, no new thoughts, no original concepts. This year is not the year of taking a risk and presenting something new and bold, it's the year of playing it safe and giving people what they've seen hundreds of times before.

Oh and Freddy vs. Jason is coming out sometime next month...

Caels
07-27-2003, 06:50 AM
I saw the movie when it first came out.

I didn't hate it, but I felt that I could have waited to rent it or something instead of spending $7 to see it in the theater.

I thought the basis for the story was fantastic, but I think they could have done more with it than what they put into the movie. I'll prolly buy the movie one day just because I have a habit of collecting old crappy movies. (Already have the entire original series of the Planet of the Apes... helps put me to sleep when I'm feeling insomniatic[<-made that word up--])

Jenisi
07-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Well stray, I think things got a little personal there. But alas.. I didn't watch resident evil, or any other movies you described there. In fact, I hardly ever watch tv or movies. If it makes you feel any better I absoluetly LOVE Trigger Happy tv. Anyway, for me the movie dragged, horrible acting (oh we need to survive, we need each other BLAH BLAH BLAH gimmie an oscar) I mean, they were acting like no one would be in those situations. I should probally explain why i believe that because I know i'm going to get alot of "how do you know they would act that way" replies but I don't really care. But if it comes down to it, I will. I caught the begining, I still didn't understood why some people died and some turned into zombies and why the hospital was deserted which there was no one in hell it could have been if there was an infection because alot of injured people CAN'T walk anywhere. Allright I'll shut up now. But it sucked; not because it was English, just because it sucked. Thanks.

Skirmisher
07-27-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

Testy testy. I thought you all were finally over the whole crumbling of your empire.

If you want to appologize for something feel free to start with English cuisine and work your way up from there.

Oh, and I actually liked the movie.

[Edited on 7-27-2003 by Skirmisher]

CrystalTears
07-27-2003, 04:46 PM
I haven't gone to see the movie because, for me, the zombie concept is getting old, overdone, and it never really scared me to begin with. Movies like Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil, Night of the Comet.. anything with zombies roaming around is just laughable to me. People kept stressing how this movie would be different, and from the reviews I still haven't been convinced that it's different. The trailer even looked like a combination of The Stand (the miniseries not the book.. the book was awesome) and the Blair Witch Project in the style they shot it, so no thanks for me for a while. I think I'll wait for video.

And I love British media and entertainment so don't even go there with that mentality. I've heard that argument before and it's just mean-spirited. Then again I've heard people have arguments with English people and some of them do nothing but trash our country and government, so I tune them out. :D

[Edited on 7/27/2003 by CrystalTears]