PDA

View Full Version : AS Question?

Enitocin
03-05-2010, 10:02 PM
It feels like my AS is a little bit low for my level.. I could be wrong, but who knows. I just want to get it double checked.

XXXXXX (at level 38), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 176 76
Combat Maneuvers..............| 136 38
Ranged Weapons.................| 180 80
Ambush.............................| 180 80
Physical Fitness...................| 136 38
Dodging..............................| 180 80
Arcane Symbols...................| 54 11
Harness Power.....................| 35 7
Disarming Traps...................| 176 76
Picking Locks......................| 176 76
Stalking and Hiding...............| 216 116
Perception..........................| 182 82
Climbing.............................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 70 15

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 4

I have a +18 bow, an 0x arrows. I'm working on fletching right now, so hopefully 5x soon..
I'm also in CoL, so I use all of those signs.
My AS is at 284.. Is that around where it should be?

Thanks.

waywardgs
03-05-2010, 10:32 PM
get your arrows ebladed.

zhelas
03-06-2010, 12:22 AM
get your arrows ebladed.

:yeahthat:

It will add and additional +20 to your AS.

Ideally, if you didn't want to fletch, try and save up for a 6x bow then use ebladed arrows. For a max bonus of +50.

Even with a 5x bow and ebladed arrows you only lose +5 AS.

You didn't post your Combat Maneuvers: Do you have weapon specialization with arrows?

LMingrone
03-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Become friends with a wizard too.

Also, here's a pretty straight forward Nilandia guide: http://www.nilandia.com/combat/archery.htm (I have no clue how up to date it is.)

Asrial
03-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Your AS is fine.

Get to a +50 AS combination from bow/arrows amd find ways to add more AS through tricks (weapon specialization and/or dexterity/ranged enhancives). That's really all that you can do.

DaCapn
03-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Be aware that going from 2x to 3x in perception does NOT yield dramatic gains in AS.

Doesn't it gain you zero?

DaCapn
03-06-2010, 01:35 PM
I remember doing the same thing to test it and found no gain.

Specifically I went from 2x ambush, 2x perception to 1.5x ambush, 2.5x perception. My AS was equivalent to 1.5x ambush, 2x perception. I checked several times during migration and after. (I was checking whether max AS for ranged was capped at 4x between the two or 2x for both independently).

Conventional wisdom has been that it's capped at 2x and this is what KP shows.

Enitocin
03-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah, you don't gain AS from perception until after 40 ranks, right? And even then, it's only +1 AS per two ranks and you can't over train in it..
So I have another question.. I saw a 4x bow that was enchanted with acid.. Does that mean that the arrows fired from it will flare acid? Or does it mean the bow itself flares if you swing with it?

mgoddess
03-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah, you don't gain AS from perception until after 40 ranks, right? And even then, it's only +1 AS per two ranks and you can't over train in it..
Correction: It's +1 AS per 4 ranks of Perception. Same with Ambush (+1AS per 4 ranks).

It equals out to +1 AS per two ranks if you train 2x equally in both Perception and Ambush.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Ranged_Weapons#Attack_strength

Enitocin
03-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Correction: It's +1 AS per 4 ranks of Perception. Same with Ambush (+1AS per 4 ranks).

It equals out to +1 AS per two ranks if you train 2x equally in both Perception and Ambush.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Ranged_Weapons#Attack_strength

Ohh, alrighty. Is it worth the AS boost to sink in the extra points though?

DaCapn
03-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Ohh, alrighty. Is it worth the AS boost to sink in the extra points though?

This has been debated to death in the past month alone. Read the past threads. They stick around for a reason.

Asrial
03-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Fuck me.

AS is capped at 2x.

Take all that I've been saying and put that in the DS category >_<

Asrial
03-06-2010, 06:29 PM
So I have another question.. I saw a 4x bow that was enchanted with acid.. Does that mean that the arrows fired from it will flare acid? Or does it mean the bow itself flares if you swing with it?How do you know the bow was 4x?

It's possible that someone e-bladed it (which makes it 4x and flare acid "if you swing with it").

If I remember correctly (which isn't seeming to be accurate lately, heh).. e-bladed bows do NOT add to your AS/DS (or maybe it's just DS.. *cry*).

waywardgs
03-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Ebladed arrows add directly to your AS. Not DS. Your bow enchant does, however, add directly to your DS, so if you have a 7x bow and ebladed arrows, you'll get 6x to your AS from the bow, 4x from the arrows and your DS will still see the boost from the 7th enchant on the bow.

zhelas
03-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I saw a 4x bow that was enchanted with acid.. Does that mean that the arrows fired from it will flare acid? Or does it mean the bow itself flares if you swing with it?

Was it one of these?

a recurve ruic composite bow with a green suede grip

(Long, composite or short bow it doesn't really matter)

If the answer is yes, these are the wand loader bows. In this case the green suede grip indicates acid. What this means if you have crystal wands, or ranger wands imbedded with 904 (Minor Acid) You can get acid flares while shooting the bow, until the wand charges run out and you need to reload the bow.

There is a better than even chance that when a wand loader bow flares the arrow will be destroyed.

Ruic is a natural 4x.

Enitocin
03-10-2010, 02:21 AM
I have wand loader bow, so it's not one of those.

The one I was looking at I saw in the player shops.. It was +20 and infused with the spirit of a corrosive elemental, or something along those lines.

BriarFox
03-10-2010, 10:20 AM
No, it won't flare as a bow, unfortunately. However, if you decide to beat something over the head with it as a quarterstaff, it will.

Enitocin
03-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Not a bad idea in itself, but unfortunately not what I'm looking for... Thanks.