PDA

View Full Version : Wizard & Archery Stats

Jene
02-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi everyone, its me again. So, I'm also close to my end of my month and wanted to throw out my stats and plan for this path, and to hear your thoughts please.

Name: Jenebea Race: Sylvankind Profession: Wizard (shown as: Airweaver)
Normal (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 100 (25)
Constitution (CON):29 (-10)
Dexterity (DEX): 94 (32)
Agility (AGI): 74 (17)
Discipline (DIS): 73 (6)
Aura (AUR): 76 (18)
Logic (LOG): 76 (13)
Intuition (INT): 84 (17)
Wisdom (WIS): 74 12)
Influence (INF): 33 (8)
Mana: 46 Silver: 0

I'm not planning on playing to 100th level, so I want the best points possible early, focusing on my main offense, Archery, and then utility/secondary offense Magics that I balanced out. Each group gets something tanked, Con and Inf. Not sure what they will affect, if anyone can drop some insight on this one please?

Jenebea (at level 13), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Ranged Weapons.....................| 70 15
Physical Fitness...................| 62 13
Magic Item Use.....................| 62 13
Spell Aiming.......................| 120 30
Harness Power......................| 62 13
Elemental Lore - Air...............| 102 24
Perception.........................| 62 13
First Aid..........................| 58 12

Spell Lists
Major Elemental....................| 13

Spell Lists
Wizard.............................| 13
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

Taking from everything that has been said in the forums, I'm going to stop both Major and Wizard at 13, and double in Minor to get to 425 at level.

I'm in 4x double leather, fire a long bow at 1sec, and aimed yew composite bow at 1sec.

I'll plan on catching other skills up, but this is what I have currently.

I didn't go the 2 handed weapon route because I truly wanted to see what happens when I'm able to aim for their eye at 1sec rt.

If I do make it to 100, then oh well, it'll just be a character weakness in those areas that won't make it to 100. I want physical power now and magical power later.

Thanks again everyone! You've all been so helpful thus far in narrowing down how I want to play my wizard.

Jene

Elgrim
02-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Just my 2 cents, but doubling in perception is pretty much a given for archery. Doubling in lore is costing a lot of points that could probably help you out in other places. It shouldnt take too long to get to 22, at which point you will have the 24 ranks in air. With that lore you could get working on your 400's now. Also, taking MjE to 27 will cut another 1 sec off your bow firing.

LOL BRIELUS
02-25-2010, 10:27 PM
IMO, it will be way easier to just play a stock wizard with 2x spell aim, etc until about level 30-35, then fixskill to archer. I did that, and was really kicking ass, although i couldn't hit the eye often enough, but 1 second shots was enough to own anything

Jene
02-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Wow, I didn't realize that. I've kept moving points around but never once considered about the air lore. Thank you Elgrim.

Jenebea (at level 13), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Ranged Weapons.....................| 70 15
Physical Fitness...................| 62 13
Magic Item Use.....................| 62 13
Spell Aiming.......................| 120 30
Harness Power......................| 62 13
Elemental Lore - Air...............| 62 13
Perception.........................| 120 30
First Aid..........................| 58 12

Spell Lists
Major Elemental....................| 13

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 2

Spell Lists
Wizard.............................| 13
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

This looks a whole lot better! Yay! Makes more sense this way.

So, will having a 20 Constitution, that's not really going to hurt me right? Just have low hp per rank?

Thanks!

Jene

Traelin
02-26-2010, 01:57 AM
I'd be really careful putting your CON that low, it effects more than just HP.