PDA

View Full Version : dumb question about combat manuevers

Tumbadoo
02-25-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm assuming training in Charge will help defend against a charge, correct?

WRoss
02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
I think that training in a CMAN skill only yield +2 defense per rank. So at 5 ranks, you'll get an additional 10 defense to a roll.

I'm not sure if this is the case with charges in Nelemar and minotaurs though. I think those are considered maneuver actions and have a completely different formula. They're similar to roa'ter and rift crawler burrows.

Tumbadoo
02-25-2010, 12:58 PM
The charge in Nelemar is what I'm looking to better defend against, especially if I'm going to move to MBP. I've noticed that you take it in the face pretty often when they charge, this won't be good with no head protection.

Thanks for the repsonse, I really appreciate it. Anyone else got any info?

droit
02-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Training in a maneuver is the best way to defend against that maneuver. Each rank gives you something like +10 defense against it. I'd highly recommend training charge if you're going to be hunting Nelemar.

Drew
02-25-2010, 02:14 PM
1. Train in charge
2. Acquire crit padded armour

droit
02-25-2010, 03:26 PM
1. Train in charge
2. Acquire crit padded armour

Crit padding and puncture resistance aren't really all that effective versus charge. For most semis and squares, the danger of charge isn't the damage or crit, it's the insane RT and knockdown. Unfortunately, these are tied to endroll, not crit severity, so reducing the crit doesn't do a whole lot. Training the charge maneuver will reduce the endroll by a large amount, so it is by far the best option.

Swami71
02-25-2010, 03:28 PM
For Siphere crit padding was the answer. Used to die all the time from charge now its a rare open roll to the eye to take him down.

droit
02-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah, there's a huge difference in the amount of crit damage taken by pures and semis/squares. It makes me think that the crit from charge is somehow tied to AsG or redux skills.