PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead

Scott
03-22-2004, 01:45 AM
Saw it...

Was alright. I don't think it was scary or nothing (although movies don't scare me but people screamed), but and and all not a bad movie. The suprising thing about the movie was it was funny as hell. Not as in (to steal a quote from Snapp) like Lake Placid funny where the movie was just so stupid it made you laugh, but there was a lot of funny stuff in the movie. It was alright, I'm glad I went to see it.

Mint
03-22-2004, 01:47 AM
Was it gory though? I will probably go see it anyway but want to know whether I will be watching most of the movie through my fingers.

edited to include a awol word.

[Edited on 3-22-2004 by Mint]

Snapp
03-22-2004, 01:47 AM
You forgot my other quote about Mekhi Pfifer being super hot. :smug:

edit: its too late to type coherent it seems

[Edited on 3-22-2004 by Snapp]

Scott
03-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Mint
Was it gory though? I will probably go see it anyway but want to know whether I will be watching most of the movie through my fingers.

edited to include a awol word.

[Edited on 3-22-2004 by Mint]

Yeah it was really gory.

Scott
03-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Snapp
You forgot my other quote about how hot Mekhi Pfifer being super hot. :smug:

You scared the shit out of me with that, I though that was some little girl or something. I thought you changed.

Sean
03-22-2004, 01:49 AM

But if Pulp Fiction has given us any lessons.. Shouldn't you be more interested in Ving Rhames (or however he spells it).

Scott
03-22-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Tijay

But if Pulp Fiction has given us any lessons.. Shouldn't you be more interested in Ving Rhames (or however he spells it).

That's what I said, but he didn't know who it was!

SpunGirl
03-22-2004, 01:55 AM
Resident Evil was scary enough for me, but mostly because of the little hologram girl and not the zombies.

-K

Blazing247
03-22-2004, 02:01 AM
It was okay. I'm glad the little love plot fizzled and didn't take over the entire movie. Seriously, does EVERY FUCKING MOVIE have to have a love plot in it where the woefully inept girl falls in love with the unrealistically faultless leading man? It's almost as if every script writer in Hollywood follows the same play book.

Whoever said RE was better was right. I can't wait for the new RE to come out this summer.

SpunGirl
03-22-2004, 02:06 AM
A new RE movie or video game? I heard the video game is also scary, but I've never played it.

-K

Sean
03-22-2004, 02:12 AM
The new movie. The trailers a bit vague but I really liked the first one (except for the mutating demonlike dog thing mainly cause it was lame).

Zeyrin
03-22-2004, 06:36 AM
I thought the original Dawn of the Dead was Lake Placid funny. None the less, a classic occult movie up there with the original Texas Chainsaw Massacare and The Evil Dead. Cheesy but you know damn well you won't change the channel when it's on.

Sweets
03-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Evil Dead.

:socool:

I can't wait to see Dawn of the Dead. I am coocoo for horror films good, bad, funny, and lousy.

DianaBanana
03-22-2004, 08:43 AM
I saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Gave me some pretty scary dreams last night.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-22-2004, 08:45 AM
I don't think Dawn of the Dead was worth the 40 bucks to go see it. I'd wait for rental.

Wezas
03-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
A new RE movie or video game? I heard the video game is also scary, but I've never played it.

-K

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/residentevilapocalypse/

Previews on there.

Betheny
03-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
I don't think Dawn of the Dead was worth the 40 bucks to go see it. I'd wait for rental.

I thought it was, but I'm way more into flesh-eating dead people than you are. :sniffle:

Edaarin
03-22-2004, 09:30 AM
$40? How much are tix in NOVA right now, $8.25?

Man, watch the snacks gramps, puttin in extra hours at work != exercise

DianaBanana
03-22-2004, 09:32 AM
I paid $6.50 to see it. I made sure to buy my snacks at QuickCheck and hide them in my purse. $6.50 and a giant $4.00 cherry slurpee thing to share with my friend...well worth it. :socool:

Betheny
03-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
$40? How much are tix in NOVA right now, $8.25?

Man, watch the snacks gramps, puttin in extra hours at work != exercise

It's just because we went hungry.

That was a matinee showing, too, at 11:40. Doesn't get any cheaper than that.

Nakiro
03-22-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm still contemplating if I shoul drag my girlfriend to go see it. She hates horror movies, and I only do it to watch her squirm.

But I wouldn't mind seeing it if it isn't a bad movie.

Trinitis
03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
I enjoyed the movie, thats for sure. I loved the not so a-typical zombies. Nothing like watching a zombie sprint down the street after people. Heh.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-22-2004, 02:48 PM
If you are into a movie with a bit of gore, some so so special affects (just prosthetics on people), no real plot, an ending that leaves LOTS to be desired, and a very predictable movie, then by all means, go see it.

I'm as much a fan of horror movies as anyone else, but this one didn't do it for me.

Ambrosia
03-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Blazing247
Whoever said RE was better was right. I can't wait for the new RE to come out this summer.

Haha, I'm with you on that, I love Resident Evil, no matter how many times I've watched it, I always want to watch it again.

I'm not too big on Horror movies though so I may just wait for this one to come out and buy the DVD.

Also, I hate predictable movies. :thumbsdown:

[Edited on 3-22-2004 by Ambrosia]

Trinitis
03-22-2004, 02:57 PM
Dawn of the Dead grossed more over the weekend then Taking Lives.

Its proof! The Zombie cult followers are more powerful then the naked Jolee Followers! :P

DianaBanana
03-22-2004, 06:37 PM
So a friend of mine told me today I should have waited till after the credits. Apparently there's a bit more to the movie than we all thought... :smilegrin:

Zeyrin
03-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
Dawn of the Dead grossed more over the weekend then Taking Lives.

Its proof! The Zombie cult followers are more powerful then the naked Jolee Followers! :P

Damn, she's naked? I'm SO there. ;)

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-26-2004, 04:05 PM
http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=dawn_rules

Mint
03-26-2004, 04:12 PM
The review is obviously garbage because of this quote:

"So then she bails and gets in a car wreck because women can't drive"

Betheny
03-26-2004, 04:12 PM
I love Maddox.

ThisOtherKingdom
03-26-2004, 04:15 PM
The review is garbage because Maddux is an idiot. Well, not so much him as the people who like him are. I'm so sick of people posting links to his web site to support their stance on something instead of FUCKING THINKING FOR YOURSELF.

Mint
03-26-2004, 04:16 PM
I thought it was funny. Except for the 'women can't drive' comment.

Skirmisher
03-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Hrm, a thoughtful well stated argument for Academy Award consideration to be sure.

Betheny
03-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ThisOtherKingdom
The review is garbage because Maddux is an idiot. Well, not so much him as the people who like him are. I'm so sick of people posting links to his web site to support their stance on something instead of FUCKING THINKING FOR YOURSELF.

Are you calling me an idiot? Because, if you are, I"m sorry, but I'm going to have to make your life a living hell.

ThisOtherKingdom
03-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Are you calling me an idiot? Because, if you are, I"m sorry, but I'm going to have to make your life a living hell.

When an issue is being debated in a thread, there is always some moron who contributes nothing more than a link to his web site. They're the idiots. If you've done that, you are too. I do think some of what Maddux does is funny.

Satira
03-26-2004, 05:30 PM
He's funny, but I don't think he should be used as a response in an argument. That isn't very intelligent.

Snapp
03-26-2004, 07:28 PM

Support their stance? This is just a movie thread. He was sharing a funny review of it... no one is saying "MADDOX SAID IT SO IT MUST BE FACT!!!" Calm down.

ThisOtherKingdom
03-26-2004, 07:30 PM
I wasn't referring to the movie review either, that was just comedy. I've seen it happen plenty of times on this board, and others I go to as well and I'm just sick of it.

Mint
03-26-2004, 07:47 PM

When an issue is being debated in a thread

Originally posted by Lady Satira
I don't think he should be used as a response in an argument. That isn't very intelligent.

Lighten up! Geez, this thread is not an arguement or debate...it is about a movie. You know...lighthearted...frothy? Ring a bell?

HarmNone
03-26-2004, 07:49 PM
What works really well for me is......................

I don't click on the link. :D

HarmNone has found this works very well