PDA

View Full Version : Stupid rogue

AnticorRifling
03-21-2004, 04:31 PM
This guy comes into where I'm sitting and starts giving me attitude, poking me etc. I let him know that poking me isn't wise, he persists being an ass so I sleep him and drag him out of town. His wizard slave runs in and wakes him up so I ewave to drop them both and say "One move out of either of you and you're both dead." He logs them off.

He comes back and finds me...

[Timmorain Road]
A vibrant deciduous forest presses toward the waters of the Mistydeep River, leaving scant room for passage between the trees and the riverbank. Cutting into the forest to the northeast, a well-maintained cobblestone road provides sure footing for travelers wishing to venture that direction, while a massive limestone bridge leads southwest, out over the river's waters toward an impressive city.
Also here: Goretawn, Lord Geft
Obvious paths: northeast
>
Geft says, "Hello."
>'What now strumpet?
You ask, "What now strumpet?"
>l
[Timmorain Road]
A vibrant deciduous forest presses toward the waters of the Mistydeep River, leaving scant room for passage between the trees and the riverbank. Cutting into the forest to the northeast, a well-maintained cobblestone road provides sure footing for travelers wishing to venture that direction, while a massive limestone bridge leads southwest, out over the river's waters toward an impressive city.
>l
[Timmorain Road]
>
Goretawn slings a silver-banded rolaren shield over his shoulder.
>
Geft says, "He just here to drag."
>
Zayur just arrived.
>cast geft
You gesture at Geft.
CS: +255 - TD: +112 + CvA: +12 + d100: +78 == +233
Warding failed!
Geft's eyes roll up into his head as he slumps to the ground.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Zayur just went across a massive limestone bridge.
>'Alright.
You say, "Alright."
>nod
You nod.
>pre 415
You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Strike...
Your spell is ready.
>
Geft snores quietly.
>
Geft snores quietly.
>
Geft awakens startled.
Goretawn pokes Geft in the ribs.
>
Geft stands up.
>chortle
You chortle.
>pre 916
cast
>You already have a spell readied! You must RELEASE it if you wish to prepare another!
>
You gesture.
>pre 916
cast
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Invisibility...
Your spell is ready.
>You gesture.
You become invisible.
>'Thought he was just here to drag
>
You say, "Thought he was just here to drag."
>pre 410
>
You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Wave...
Your spell is ready.
>cast
You are visible again.
You gesture.
A wave of dark ethereal ripples moves outward from you.
Goretawn is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Geft is forced out of hiding as he is knocked to the ground by the dark ethereal waves.
>pre 415
You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Strike...
Your spell is ready.
>cast geft
You gesture at Geft.
CS: +283 - TD: +112 + CvA: +12 + d100: +55 == +238
Warding failed!
You blast Geft for 18 points of damage.
... 55 points of damage!
Right arm explodes into thousands of pieces!
He is stunned!
>stance offensive
You are now in an offensive stance.
>pre 506
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Haste...
Your spell is ready.
>cast
>
You gesture.
You begin to notice the world slow down around you. Strange.
>att geft
You swing a black naginata at Geft!
Geft blocks your attack with his shield!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
Roundtime changed to 2 seconds.
>att geft
You swing a black naginata at Geft!
AS: +317 vs DS: +273 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +27 = +98
A clean miss.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
Roundtime changed to 2 seconds.
>smirk
>
You smirk.
>pre 415
cast geft
>You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Strike...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture at Geft.
CS: +283 - TD: +112 + CvA: +12 + d100: +72 == +255
Warding failed!
You blast Geft for 32 points of damage.
... 60 points of damage!
Right leg explodes into thousands of pieces!

* Geft drops dead at your feet!

The silvery luminescence fades from around Geft.
Geft returns to normal color.
The bright luminescence fades from around Geft.
Geft becomes solid again.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Geft.
Geft seems a bit less imposing.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding Geft suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
>
Goretawn stands up.
>
* Geft just bit the dust!
>'That will work
You say, "That will work."
>stance defensive
You are now in a defensive stance.
>
The ghostly voice of Geft says, "Your cheap."
>
Goretawn says, "That was cheep."
>raise eye
You give your eyebrow a little workout.
>
Your close concentration on your movements fades away.
>'How so
You say, "How so."
>'You hid
>
You say, "You hid."
>
* Sakalav just bit the dust!
>'So I did as well
You say, "So I did as well."
>'That would be the start
You say, "That would be the start."
>'And I finished it.
You say, "And I finished it."
>
The ghostly voice of Geft says, "Yeah but you put me to sleep."
>'I wouldn't have touched you while you were asleep
You say, "I wouldn't have touched you while you were asleep."
>
The ghostly voice of Geft says, "I thought you all big and stuff."
>'Remember last time I drug you out here
You say, "Remember last time I drug you out here."
>
You notice that things have returned to their normal speed.
>'I waited til you awoke
You say, "I waited til you awoke."
>'This time he poked you
You say, "This time he poked you."
>
* Violenttmoon just bit the dust!
>'I won't attack while you're asleep unless we've begun
You say, "I won't attack while you're asleep unless we've begun."
>
The ghostly voice of Geft says, "You ewacve."
>
* Aprildawn just bit the dust!
>'You sweep
You say, "You sweep."
>'What's your point?
>
You ask, "What's your point?"
>
The ghostly voice of Geft asks, "When?"
>
Goretawn asks, "Did he sweep?"
>'You have the ability
You say, "You have the ability."
>'I have the ability
You say, "I have the ability."
>
Goretawn says, "Did not see that."
>
Goretawn rubs his chin thoughtfully.
>'Just because I utilize my abilities doesn't make me cheap
You say, "Just because I utilize my abilities doesn't make me cheap."
>
The ghostly voice of Geft says, "This ok we meet again."
>cackle
You cackle!
>
Goretawn says, "No, did not see any sweeping."
>
Garvane just arrived.
>
Garvane just went northeast.
>'Goretawn keep up
You say, "Goretawn keep up."
>
* Matok just bit the dust!
>'I said he had the ability to sweep
* Dionisius just bit the dust!
>
You say, "I said he had the ability to sweep."
>
The ghostly voice of Geft says, "You touch him you really dead."
>cackle
You cackle!
>roll geft
You gently roll the lifeless body of Geft over.
>'Stay dead.
>
You say, "Stay dead."
>
Goretawn removes a white flask from in his multicolored satchel.
>'Last time you said we'd meet again you and your slave wizard took off
You say, "Last time you said we'd meet again you and your slave wizard took off."
>chortle
You chortle.
>
Goretawn forces Geft's mouth open, and pours in a small amount from his white flask.
A luminescent web briefly forms around Geft, then fades into the body.
>
* Quickrage just bit the dust!
>
Goretawn put a white flask in his multicolored satchel.
>
Goretawn rubs a crystal amulet.
Goretawn gets an odd look on his face.
>'And I liked that full wizard spellup you had on
You say, "And I liked that full wizard spellup you had on."

I slept him but I don't attack while someone's sleeping and he knew that because last time I just sat there until he woke up. I was just sleeping him this time to remind him that I could easily destroy him. The warrior (who I think is his but can't confirm) wakes him up and he hides so I hide my style. He could have used sweep but he's too slow, I wasn't too slow for ewave. Too bad I couldn't hit him with the naginata that would have been more fun. Guess I could have imolated him.... there's always next time. He's warned me that he'll be back :cool:

Edaarin
03-21-2004, 04:39 PM
That's just sad.

Based on the DS that wizards I know can generate, I doubt he could even hit you (he's what, level 25ish).

Hulkein
03-21-2004, 04:50 PM
You'd be surprised, ambushing lowers DS by a ton... it's annoying for our pure characters.

AnticorRifling
03-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Update I've been warned that a "Renowned Lord" has been sent to put a hit on me.

This guy is hilarious.

Scott
03-21-2004, 05:01 PM
That's right, I hired someone to get you! Look out!

Snapp
03-21-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm sure you're not worried.. don't you have all 300 people of Boom Boom's extended family to call on?

AnticorRifling
03-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101

You're too well spoken(written whatever) to be that trio of morons.

Sean
03-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling

Originally posted by Gemstone101

You're too well spoken(written whatever) to be that trio of morons.

Man has gramps got you fooled.

crazymage
03-21-2004, 05:11 PM
yeh the ambush thing really pisses me off.

Edaarin
03-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Heh, no, I'm speaking from the perspective of a lvl 70 rogue with 2x ambush training. The most it will lower it to is stance offensive. Someone like Tayvin can easily get his offensive DS to 400+.

AnticorRifling
03-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Heh, no, I'm speaking from the perspective of a lvl 70 rogue with 2x ambush training. The most it will lower it to is stance offensive. Someone like Tayvin can easily get his offensive DS to 400+.

My self cast DS in offensive stance is something like 278.

J-Tech
03-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Thats my boy, demonstrating how to take care of a twat....i mean twit...nah nevermind, i mean twat. :)

J.T.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-21-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
You'd be surprised, ambushing lowers DS by a ton... it's annoying for our pure characters.

Yeah :( My self cast defense is only 450ish in offensive...

Hulkein
03-21-2004, 08:31 PM
That's not too bad, at least a level 25-30 rogue trained fully in ambushing can't kill your level 38 cleric in defensive self spelled. :mutter: Not like it's happened to me or anything.

Mint
03-21-2004, 09:16 PM
Geft says, "Hello."
>'What now strumpet?
You ask, "What now strumpet?"

Strumpet is a word that needs to be used more often. Especially when directed at men.

Fengus
03-22-2004, 01:53 AM
I can't see why ewave pulls you from hiding, now *that* is cheap.

Do mages hunt creatures that hide much?

One question, the point where you had estrike readied and then released to go invis you didn't look so I can only assume you saw em dissappear from the Stormfront room window? I hate that.

AnticorRifling
03-22-2004, 07:17 AM
It sweeps you from your feet and buffets you with magic basically treating you like a damn rag doll. How the hell would you stay hiding during that?

And it's a minor elemental spell pretty sure more than just "mages" have access to it.

Parkbandit
03-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by J-Tech
Thats my boy, demonstrating how to take care of a twat....i mean twit...nah nevermind, i mean twat. :)

J.T.

What the hell do you mean.. "YOUR Boy?"

Anticor was saved from Haashek's love by Falgrin. He is now Falgrin's boy.. er I mean son.

Parkbandit
03-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Has he ever swung at you Anticor? With the hidden roll that is mainly based on level.. I'm surprised he's able to even see the AS/DS formula.

I would have thought you would simply dodge 95% of anything he could throw at you.

AnticorRifling
03-22-2004, 08:41 AM
I didn't give him the chance to swing. But he'll be back so maybe I'll get lucky and he'll bring the pain and then I can laugh at him.

Galleazzo
03-22-2004, 12:33 PM
What a fucking loser. You'd think he'd just admit he was frigging served and move on.

TheEschaton
03-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Errrr, EWave can knock you down and you can stay in hiding.

At that point, rg stealth stand is your friend.

Or am I thinking of tremors?

-TheE-

Edaarin
03-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Nope, that's quake and call wind. Maybe tremors.

Fengus
03-23-2004, 06:20 PM
It sweeps you from your feet and buffets you with magic basically treating you like a damn rag doll. How the hell would you stay hiding during that?

Falling and the RT I'm fine with, but why would it include you finding me from hiding? Does ewave knock you outta invisibility?

Reyek
03-23-2004, 08:48 PM
it can.

Galleazzo
03-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Fengus
Falling and the RT I'm fine with, but why would it include you finding me from hiding? Does ewave knock you outta invisibility?
Think about it some. You go hide behind that tree. Do a pretty good job too, I can't see you. Now I try to find you. Then you get smashed down to the ground from a spell I cast specifically to flush hiders, so you figure I might be keeping an eye out. How well you figure your crashing prone body keeps concealment???

:rolleyes:

Fengus
03-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo

Think about it some. You go hide behind that tree. Do a pretty good job too, I can't see you. Now I try to find you. Then you get smashed down to the ground from a spell I cast specifically to flush hiders, so you figure I might be keeping an eye out. How well you figure your crashing prone body keeps concealment???

Only problem with that is you cast ewave because thats currently how it is setup, not that ewave has any particular trait that should make it reveal hiding. You seem to be getting a two for one deal there which makes no sense. And as has been mentioned quake, tremors and such don't automagically reveal hiders.

Your logic for seeing a hider makes no sense, you have no idea where the hider is and so wouldn't be looking, and chances are if they hid on you once they could fall and stay hidden.

Here's hoping shadow mastery can give me less than 3 sec RT, then hide/stalk could compete with ewave.

AnticorRifling
03-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Yes, ewave knocks me out of inviso. Any offensive spell does, even sleep does.

And you have to realize if this rogue was like aged chances are my ewave wouldn't knock him out of hiding or knock him over. He just picked a fight with someone older than him and it bit him in the ass.

Reyek
03-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Lord Geft is like 23ish (approx)

AnticorRifling
03-26-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Reyek
Lord Geft is like 23ish (approx)

Lord Geft let his mouth write checks his ass couldn't cash.

TheEschaton
03-26-2004, 09:09 AM
ShadowMastery might allow you to hide in less than 3 seconds? Can you sneak in less than 3 as well with it?

-TheE-

Tophal
03-26-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm dissapointed you let the other one live. Why didn't you waste both of them on GP? It seemed like a tag team effort.

-Toph

Celexei
03-26-2004, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Galleazzo

Only problem with that is you cast ewave because thats currently how it is setup, not that ewave has any particular trait that should make it reveal hiding. You seem to be getting a two for one deal there which makes no sense. And as has been mentioned quake, tremors and such don't automagically reveal hiders.

Your logic for seeing a hider makes no sense, you have no idea where the hider is and so wouldn't be looking, and chances are if they hid on you once they could fall and stay hidden.

Here's hoping shadow mastery can give me less than 3 sec RT, then hide/stalk could compete with ewave.

Well you think about it, ewave if your getting knocked down to the ground and if you have a problem with it revealing you.....wouldn't you make a thud or be coughing or something when you hit the ground pretty hard, isn't that gonna be enough to reveal you?