PDA

View Full Version : psinet folder empty and cant reinstall

tjpoker
02-21-2010, 02:23 PM
any ideas on how or why i cant redownload psinet to get it working again?

Latrinsorm
02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
PsiNet interacts with your computer's registry in ways that make incomplete uninstallations (like just deleting every file in the folder) very sticky.

If you don't want to poke around your registry (and if you don't know what you're doing you shouldn't), my advice is to try and contact Jamus directly.

Tillmen
02-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Reinstall the Simu launcher. It should just overwrite what PsiNet put in the registry.

WRoss
02-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Reinstall the Simu launcher. It should just overwrite what PsiNet put in the registry.

This isn't the case. Jamus even said that when you uninstall the launcher, or psinet, that it doesn't completely remove it from the registry. He also says that if you manually delete files, that you'll likely never be able to install psinet again.

My suggestion, someone help him install lich. He was trying earlier, but having trouble.

Tillmen
02-22-2010, 01:13 AM
I didn't say uninstall the launcher, I said reinstall it. If at any point you can't log into the game because of registry issues, as should be the case after deleting the PsiNet folder before uninstalling, installing the Simu launcher will overwrite the two registry entries used by SGE and your web browser to find the launcher. These are the same two registry entries that PsiNet overwrites in order to pose as the launcher. If PsiNet has done something to the registry in addition to this that prevents it from being installed.. well.. good luck with that.

Morrff
02-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Reinstalling the launcher had always worked for me in the past and I cleaned my registry clear of Psinet and reinstalled it, worked fine.