PDA

View Full Version : Psinet wont install

shadow34
02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
trying to install psinet, keeps saying its unable to modify the registry and I need to be an administrator, usually I just right click and select run as administrator but I dont get that option with the setup. searched the forum just saw people suggesting trying lich and then the conversations start getting into plat vs premium and such. just wondering if theres a way to install this and still just use the normal game launcher. im using vista 64

GSKynthelig
02-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Just google how to run a MSI file as admin on vista. You have to make a registry change. I thought there was something on his site about it but I couldn't find it.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
02-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I ran into this problem today and I went to the command prompt under accessories, right clicked and chose 'run as administrator' and then went through the command prompt to run the MSI.

GSKynthelig
02-19-2010, 07:40 PM
I always forget you can do that as well. I just happen to like the setup of being able to right click an MSI file to do it. Though it would be nice if it was just auto or your machine knew you were really an admin.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
02-19-2010, 10:10 PM
It's definitely frustrating. I know there are workarounds where you change your registry but this was quicker and easy enough.