PDA

View Full Version : transforming jewelry

oneillseanm
02-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of this? Or, does anyone know anything else about this?

a silver-etched diamond band /
an intricate diamond talisman /
a twisted diamond earring /
a sigil-covered diamond bracer
(single item)

>glance
You glance down to see a silver-etched diamond band in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

>look at band
The vaalin-backed blue diamond is expertly inset onto the rim of the band. The metallic bands extending from the base vaalin are broken up into tiny segments, decreasing slightly in width as they loop out and link up together. The segmentation enables each link to recede back into another.

>tap band
The four small prongs spring up from the base plate elevating the band an inch off of your palm. The blue diamond carefully moves from the rim of the band to the center of the circular metal strips sealing off the hole where your finger used to go. Tiny slits open along the base metal and fine silver links begin to slide slowly out forming the rope of the talisman. As it does so, small squeaking noises are emitted from it.

>glance
You glance down to see an intricate diamond talisman in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

>look at talisman
Each silver link is finely crafted and easily interlocked with the one adjacent to itself. A tiny silver loop is attached to the end of one string of silver links while the other string has a miniature clasp formed from pure gold. The opposite end of the silver links disappears into the vaalin base metal, which is carefully resting on top of a circular band. The blue diamond fills the center of the circular band perfectly.

>tap talisman
Tiny slits open along the base metal and the unclasped fine silver links start feeding themselves back into the base. The blue diamond then flips itself back over the rim of the circular band and firmly attaches itself in place. The two segmented metal strips unlink, then begin to twine themselves very carefully around one another. As it does so, small squeaking noises are emitted from it.

>glance
You glance down to see a twisted diamond earring in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

>look at earring
The two strips of segmented metal entwine one another with perfect symmetry. A small linking clasp secures the blue diamond to the base of the twisted metals. A tiny hook of pure gold protrudes out from the tip of one of the twined metal strips serving as the fastener between the earlobe and earring.

>tap earring
The twisted metal strips untwine themselves and completely recede into the base metal. The blue diamond slides outward along a decorative metal plate extending from the base. A thin metal backbone extends in the opposite direction and when it reaches its full length, small half-circular bands extend from it forming a nice protective covering for the lower forearm. As it does so, small squeaking noises are emitted from it.

>glance
You glance down to see a sigil-covered diamond bracer in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

>look at bracer
The blue diamond is imbedded onto a thin sheet of vaalin that extends outward away from the center plate, covering the backside of the wearer's fist. Also extending from the center plate, in the opposite direction of the imbedded sheet of vaalin, is a spine-like strip of steel. Several sheets of metal branch off from the spine in a half-circle arc that would easily cover the lower forearm of the wearer.

>tap bracer
The blue diamond slides inward along with the extended metal plate that used to cover the back of your fist. Slowly, the curved strips all begin to recede back into the long metal backbone that extended from the central plate, which previously covered the lower forearm. Once the metal backbone has receded completly into the main plate, two small, segmented metal strips begin to extend outward from the base, looping toward one another. Finally, the two pieces of segmented metal link up forming a perfectly symmetrical and circular band. As it does so, small squeaking noises are emitted from it.

>glance
You glance down to see a silver-etched diamond band in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

Loresong:

As you sing, you sense resonant vibrations coming from the band, matching pitch with yours. Soon a harmony is achieved, and a brilliant display begins to materialize before you...

A tinker gnome sits hunched over a workbench with the sharp pinging of metal on metal echoing around the workshop. Suddenly, a soft melody drifts in:

"Wonders so fine,
wonders all mine,
I wonder what my hubby has for me this time."

Upon hearing the tune, the gnome male sighs softly and turns away from his work and waits for the door to his workshop to open. It appears as if time has worn the tinker gnome down, but his eyes seem to reveal a much younger age.

Once again you harmonize with the band and beckon it to continue with the display...

The door to the workshop swings open and a female gnome saunters in. "Geodd, what fancies did you purchase for me this morn while at the market?" questions the lady gnome. "I have a splendid diamond ring for thee," Geodd replies while handing the ring to his wife. The gnome lady beams with delight, takes the ring, and scurries out of the workshop. Upon his wife's departure, Geodd spins back around on his stool and goes back to work. While Goedd continues to work, the sun in the window slowly sinks into the horizon.

You continue your melody with the band and the image returns...

The familiar pinging echoes throughout the shop as Geodd contines his work. A cheerful whistling begins to contrast with the pinging metal and soon Geodd stops working. Geodd sighs knowingly and once again turns around on his stool waiting for the door to swing open. The door swings open again and there stands Geodd's wife again with the diamond ring in her hand. "The ring is dull, it has served its use, what do ye have for me now?" asks the wife. "I have this lovely silver rope necklace for you my dear. Its beauty almost comparable to thee." The gnome lady beams with delight, snatches the necklace and skips out of the shop. Geodd shakes his head and returns to his work.

As you continue your song, the image flickers back into your mind...

Geodd still appears to be working on his project when a whistling melody once again interrupts him. Soon, the doorway is once again occupied by his wife with the silver necklace in hand. "Geodd, the necklace is tarnished, what else do ye have for me?" sighs the wife questioningly. "This gold ruby-inlaid tiara should be the perfect compliment to such a lovely head," replies Geodd. The wife beams a smile, takes the tiara and scurries out the door.

Geodd springs from his stool and rushes over to the door, latching it shut. Geodd then pulls a rolled up parchment from out of his cloak and mutters to himself, "Day after day, week and week, this will obviously never end. . . time to put my plan into action."

As you continue singing, the scene shifts...

Geodd's wife strolls up to the door and fiddles with the handle, but it does not open. "Geodd!" screeches the wife, "why is the door latched, let me in!" The gnome lady proceeds to beat and beat and beat on the door with her tiny fists. This carries on for quite some time until finally the door swings open. Without uttering a word, Geodd holds out his hand and the wife promptly puts the tiara in it. Geodd then hands his wife a gem set onto a metal backing. Geodd's wife blinks at the trinket in amazement and asks, "What is this?" "Tap it and you shall never be bored with your jewelry ever again," Geodd replies.

Your breath becomes labored as you try to coax yet more out of the band...

Geodd's wife taps the trinket in her hand once and much to her surprise and delight the trinket shifts into a piece of jewelry. Fascinated by this new wonderment, Geodd's wife begins to tap the trinket at a frantic pace and watches as it continues to shift into new pieces. Geodd cries out, "No, no, hon wait! No so fast! It will break . . ." However, his wife continues to tap the trinket faster and faster until finally . . . *SNAP* the trinket shatters into tiny fragments. Geodd lets out a long, soft sigh as his wife begins to berate him for something new...

Nilandia
02-15-2010, 08:28 PM
It was sold on the Dhu Gillywack. I want to say it was in the 2001 Dhu. It will eventually break if you use it too much, as the loresong hints at the end.

Gretchen

oneillseanm
02-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Excellent! Thanks for the info, Nilandia!