PDA

View Full Version : Ranger from scratch...Just add ale

Celexei
03-19-2004, 06:11 PM
alright here.....thinking heavily on COMPLETLY starting a ranger from scratch.. wanted to know a few views on training plans, skills and stat placement...where to go with it all. Only requirement is gotta be sylvan, she'll more than likely have ranged in there as prime, but like i said i'm up for any options.
Thanks alot for all the help.

J-Tech
03-19-2004, 07:09 PM
How else would you start a charecter other than from scratch? I mean, you can't start a charecter from lvl 10 or something...you'd have to buy it...lol.

J.T.

Madmox
03-19-2004, 09:41 PM
Well i've been a ranger since i started playing several years ago. But since the change its gotten much more difficult. But a few points. Keep your discipline high. If you want a true ranger think about training in survival. Stalk and hide, climbing, swimming, And most of all the ranger spells. Its what makes us who we are. If you ever have any specific questions just shoot them off im happy to help how i can.
-Colin

Celexei
03-19-2004, 11:33 PM
any imput on weapon types, more than likely ranged, but i'm open for any suggestions one might have

Stunseed
03-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Khirdahn sucks!

Anyways, cookie cutter Ranger...

2x Edged
2x Hiding
1x Dodge
1x CM
1x Armor
1x Shield
1x PF
1x Ambush
1x HP
30 ranks of SMC
1x Survival
1x Perception
24 ranks climbing/swimming
1x Spells

Personal recommendation is to go straight up Ranger circle. WoT is awesome.

Adjust cookie cutter plan to your strengths/weaknesses. Also add one cup of ale.

Anebriated
03-20-2004, 12:54 PM
as an alternative ill post the general plan of how i trained. Its not easy to fit everything in though.

1x armor
2x ranged
2x brawling
2x hide
2x perception
1x ambush
1x Physical Fitness
1x survival
1x dodge
1x Harness Power
.5x climb/swim
1x spells (or as many as you can fit in, i had to drop 3)

Celexei
03-20-2004, 07:18 PM
i like that plan Elrordin, nice to be able to fit in the sniping and brawling....that may very well be what i go with. But...still open to any more suggestions. Thankses!:D

Reijin
04-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Okay, so I'm a little late, but who cares, right?

If you're going with a ranger, checking out Ransom's old Ranger guide is a must. I've been playing on and off for 4 years, and have never had any characters other than a ranger, and have followed that guide (with my own personal twists) every time.

Celexei
04-04-2004, 10:50 PM
post up the link hun

Reijin
04-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Oh yea, guess I should've done that to begin with. Here it is:

http://www.tamcon.com/GS3/ranger1.html

Oh yea, it's based on the old system where you'd wait for a certain amount of "rolled stats", but I'm sure you know how it worked back then. Just have to get creative and apply some twists to make it useful on all tha new junk.
[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Reijin]

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Reijin]

gcstader
04-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Ransom's ranger guide is great though it's way outdated now. I used it to design my ranger when I first made him years ago

Reijin
04-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Yea, it's a really old guide, but it's still the best ranger guide I've seen over the past four years.