PDA

View Full Version : Black Ora Weapons

Stry
02-08-2010, 10:05 PM
It was my understanding that you could not sanctify and get plasma flares on black ora weapons. I had tried last year and couldn't find a way to do it.

Recently someone stated that this has always been possible but that there was some kind of trick to geting it to work?

Does anybody know how to get this to work? I would appreciate it.

mgoddess
02-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Krakii knows all: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Using_Sanctify_(1625)_to_bond_to_a_black_ora_weapo n

Mr. Dallas
02-08-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure - but I think Paul changed this so it doesn't work now - if you try to hit an undead with it - something bad happens . . .

D.

Guarrin
02-09-2010, 08:59 AM
This definitely isn't possible with the pure black ora weapons, but, I'm not certain about the junk black ora the treasure system spits out.

waywardgs
02-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Yeah, you can't hunt undead with a pure black ora weapon, but the new stuff doesn't have any of the fancy abilities/restrictions of the pure stuff, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Stry
02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
I guess my questions was more for regular black ora weapons. Thank you for the information regarding the true black ora however.

When I tried this it was with a 4x regular black ora weapon I could not get 1604 to sanct it. It was to the stage where it no longer cursed itself to your hand. (Most only do this when they are found the first time? Then you get uncursed and it doesn't stick to you anymore.)

Casting 1604 did not work from what I remember. Has anybody else tried this or had this problem? Without 1604 being able to cause a temporary sanct on the weapon you can't really bond. It's the same way they are immune to blesses and pure potions. I remember trying a pure potion as well.

Is there a way to bond to a regular one? Was this changed by Paul?

Am I loosing it?

Stry
02-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Deleted