PDA

View Full Version : Bounty locations (WL/IM trail)

DaCapn
02-08-2010, 03:11 AM
I received a bounty task to recover an heirloom:

You have been tasked to recover a gold-lined platinum bracer that an unfortunate citizen lost after being attacked by an arctic titan on the Icemule Trail between Wehnimer's Landing and Icemule Trace. The heirloom can be identified by the initials RV engraved upon it. Hunt down the creature and LOOT the item from its corpse.

So I killed 66 arctic titans in Glatoph (where they spawn) and haven't turned up the heirloom (parsed logs to count and to check that I didn't just miss the drop). Does the bounty system make these creatures spawn in places they wouldn't ordinarily spawn? Any time I kill an arctic titan on the trail, should I have a chance to recover the heirloom?

I assisted and was greeted by Emeradan who basically suggested I make use of the LOCATION verb and keep looking around. He wouldn't directly address anything about where arctic titans actually spawn or if they would spawn elsewhere. So right now I'm walking the whole trail checking my LOCATION to see if "Icemule Trail between Wehnimer's Landing and Icemule Trace" ever comes up or if titans spawn in some other strange place.

As if by some sort of coincidence the game lags ridiculously (like to the tune of 8-12 seconds) for me when I'm in the Glatoph area.

WRoss
02-08-2010, 03:43 AM
It's the deep freeze area. Look on the IMT-Ice Mule Trail map

DaCapn
02-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Nice, thanks. I guess I didn't realize they spawned there. I suppose it's not listed on play.net... not that it's too surprising. Then again the vague "I know something you don't know" attitude of Emeradan isn't either.

I got the heirloom after killing 5 titans. By the way, fuck that place... basically every room has ice in it.

Drew
02-08-2010, 09:45 AM
It used to have pretty good treasure, the deep freeze. Good luck if you die there though.

Allereli
02-08-2010, 10:14 AM
animate dead is the best way out when you die

Asile
02-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I loved hunting Deep Freeze when my characters were that level... got 2 little ones I need to bring up who should be able to hunt there ok when they're high enough for the area.

If you don't try to run, you just won't fall. Either that, or train Survival.

MotleyCrew
02-09-2010, 08:08 AM
If you don't try to run, you just won't fall. Either that, or train Survival.

Speaking of which, can one train slipping on the ice completely away? How much do you need for minimum slippage?

Drew
02-09-2010, 08:25 AM
I think there is always a chance of slippage, but I notice after about 70 ranks it really drops pretty low.

dacatchman
02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
If you get tasks for frost giants, it seems to be the ones around deep freeze as well. Don't enter the crack and just cruise around outside there in a circle. I got some of those in the past too.

Asile
02-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Speaking of which, can one train slipping on the ice completely away? How much do you need for minimum slippage?

I've followed a high level Ranger between Landing and Mule, and he would RUN the thing (that's why he led the group, usually). I don't think I ever saw him slip. Just don't ask me how much Survival he had, quite probably 70+ ranks.

I know that with 60+ ranks my Warrior can make the trek using only 3-second pauses in my script.

WRoss
02-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I stopped using the pause at 50 ranks. I would range from 1-4 slips per visit. I now have 68 ranks and occasionally slip once or twice.