PDA

View Full Version : Andraste Send

Ghostwind
02-06-2010, 05:48 PM
This isn't really a complaint, but I was a bit surprised.

On the Landing amunet there was an argument about the relative intelligence of the local populace.

I said (though I meant to think - oops):

You say, "People debating intelligence is mental masturbation."

I didn't even bother to take the trouble to adjust and send the thought. It was just an observation, and a passing one.

So a few minutes later I get this:

SEND[Andraste] Let's find a more appropriate word for public use than masturbation, please :)

Like I said, this isn't really a complaint. But was what I said really inappropriate? I didn't think so, given the context, but perhaps I'm not considering something.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Gelston
02-06-2010, 05:52 PM
I guess masturbation sends up a flag to GMs. Neat.

Methais
02-06-2010, 06:00 PM
I guess masturbation sends up a flag to GMs. Neat.

Or more likely, Andraste has 300 monitors set up around her so that she can watch every player in GS at all times just in case they say a word she objects to that the GM flag doesn't pick up and/or isn't actually against the rules but still needs to interject herself and get her jollies.

I think she's the only person to spend more time in GS than Tsin. And that's not even counting all the time she's been around before Tsin even showed up.

Only difference being Tsin actually did something useful and made some money. I wonder what Andraste gets out of it, since she doesn't actually do anything useful in GS unless you count being on cunt patrol 24/7 as being useful.

Seriously what the fuck does she do in GS? Other than running those gay weddings and probably a couple merchants, has she ever actually accomplished or contributed anything to the game as a GM?

DCSL
02-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Just for the challenge's sake, what else WOULD you call masturbation in the game that she wouldn't find equally as offensive?

The-Pwny-Express
02-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Ehhh....yeah I can see how the word masturbation might be a bit much if said in front of other people IG. Yeah, you could say you were still in character or whatever you're trying to say I guess? That doesn't mean you can "smiles and touches the flower girl inappropriately" because you are rp'ing ur pedophile character. Some people don't want to see that type of shit in game. Andraste goes overboard from what I hear alot, but this? Eh, not so much really

Methais
02-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Just for the challenge's sake, what else WOULD you call masturbation in the game that she wouldn't find equally as offensive?

FAPPING

Marl
02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
FAPPING

diddling

Showal
02-06-2010, 07:35 PM
diddling

JO'ing.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
02-06-2010, 07:36 PM
jilling off.

Or jacking off, if your character is male.

Showal
02-06-2010, 07:38 PM
jilling off.

Or jacking off, if your character is male.

As I said, JO'ing.

Durgrimst
02-06-2010, 07:51 PM
>report would I get a RPA is I fapped all over your face?

The-Pwny-Express
02-06-2010, 07:54 PM

"bust one out"

Can I use that in a sentence for you? Yes I can

"Nahhh...I'm just gonna go back to the house, bust one out, and call it a night"

Ormr
02-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Do we have royalty in GS4? Yeah we got royalty....just say yer gonna flog the bishop. No really! The elven bishop!

Mighty Nikkisaurus
02-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Pumping the python?

For a quite comprehensive list, see:

http://nowscape.com/mast/slang_mast.htm

The-Pwny-Express
02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
shrouding the viper?

Gelston
02-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Ehhh....yeah I can see how the word masturbation might be a bit much if said in front of other people IG. Yeah, you could say you were still in character or whatever you're trying to say I guess? That doesn't mean you can "smiles and touches the flower girl inappropriately" because you are rp'ing ur pedophile character. Some people don't want to see that type of shit in game. Andraste goes overboard from what I hear alot, but this? Eh, not so much really

I don't think it'd be pedophilia. How old is the flower girl now?

Drew
02-06-2010, 08:14 PM
shrouding the viper?

More like pulling back the viper shroud.

Showal
02-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I wonder if they'd get upset if you started claiming everyone's so "anal" about everything.

RichardCranium
02-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Fuck the OP for bringing up Andraste and masturbation in the same post.

RichardCranium
02-06-2010, 09:35 PM
"bust one out"

Can I use that in a sentence for you? Yes I can

"Nahhh...I'm just gonna go back to the house, bust one out, and call it a night"

You say, "People debating intelligence is mental busting one out."

Drunken Durfin
02-06-2010, 10:15 PM
>report would I get a RPA is I fapped all over your face?

Please post the log when you do that so I can give myself a hernia laughing.

The-Pwny-Express
02-07-2010, 12:22 AM
You say, "People debating intelligence is mental busting one out."

People debating intelligence is like mentally busting one out.....:club:

Drew
02-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Melghoren's Reacharound

Sweets
02-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Melghoren's Reacharound

:rofl:

Ghostwind
02-07-2010, 09:06 AM
I wonder if they'd get upset if you started claiming everyone's so "anal" about everything.

This is what I'm talking about. It was a figure of speech that had absolutely nothing to do with actual masturbation.

It just meant the entire thing was an exercise in futility designed to make one feel better about one's own vast and awesome intelligence.

And it was a completely in character thing to say.

----------------------------------

Originally Posted by The-Pwny-Express:

Ehhh....yeah I can see how the word masturbation might be a bit much if said in front of other people IG. Yeah, you could say you were still in character or whatever you're trying to say I guess?

That doesn't mean you can "smiles and touches the flower girl inappropriately" because you are rp'ing ur pedophile character.

Some people don't want to see that type of shit in game.

-------------------------------------

Wow. Yeah. Masturbation (let alone the figure of speech I used) equates to sexual harassment and pedophilia.

And I agree, I don't want to see that type of shit (the kind of which you speak) in the game either.

How on earth you equate the two is beyond me.

Showal
02-07-2010, 09:20 AM
To be fair to Andraste, "masturbation", as a word, has no other formal definition than manual stimulation of one's own genitals ... the way you used it is incorrect formally, but correct in a colloquial sense.

"anal", on the other hand, is actually a formal way to refer to someone's personality.

Showal
02-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I guess the line's blurred and it would really be open to the GM's discretion.

She also didn't say much than request you find another word that's more appropriate. In the future, use "Melghoren's Reacharound".

Ghostwind
02-07-2010, 09:51 AM
I guess the line's blurred and it would really be open to the GM's discretion.

She also didn't say much than request you find another word that's more appropriate. In the future, use "Melghoren's Reacharound".

That's why I made sure to point out that it wasn't a complaint. She wasn't rude. She was perfectly polite. Nothing against Andraste, in this case. I am just curious to see what others think about it as I was a bit startled. I had no inkling that anything of the sort would happen due to what I said.

LOL. Yeah. To be fair, one doesn't need to use 'officially' sanctioned metaphors. That's how new ones end up in the dictionary.

In the future I will certainly refrain from using that word. I'll just use a little more local color to get my point across.

I see pregnant characters all the time. That implies sex! Bleh. Just don't say 'sex!' I'm sure the stork would sue.

Fugetaboutit

Resistance is futile. The PC police win every time.

{no, not the players corner police (watch out!) or the computer police, but the politically correct police - did I cover 'em all?}
-------------------------------------

Back in the hey day of Helga's, I swear Andraste watched that place like a hawk. But almost all the time, a send was enough. I think I remember getting warned for something, once, but it got wild in there sometimes.

There are many things I like about Gemstone now (having come back after 4 to 6 years - depending on whether you count just having the account open but never being in game for 2 years).

But the one thing it's lost is it's edge. It's like a tom cat that's been neutered. Crap. That refers to genitals.

::sigh::

Showal
02-07-2010, 10:04 AM
LOL. Yeah. To be fair, one doesn't need to use 'officially' sanctioned metaphors. That's how new ones end up in the dictionary.

Yeah I agree, you're right. I'm sure she's decided she's got to draw the line somewhere though, just kinda a random place to draw it.

I wonder if you brought your character into a locked room and RP'd an awesome m'bation session if you'd get a send.

Ghostwind
02-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah I agree, you're right. I'm sure she's decided she's got to draw the line somewhere though, just kinda a random place to draw it.

I wonder if you brought your character into a locked room and RP'd an awesome m'bation session if you'd get a send.

Aren't locked rooms private? Maybe a table would be better. Heh. I am certainly not going to be trying it.

::cough::

I've said many things in locked rooms and tables over the years that would have gotten me warned, at least. Nothing has ever happened. In fact, hell, I've said things in the open (sans other people aside from my chars girl) that would have done the same. Hiding rangers or thieves or whatever would have been rolling in laughter. I wonder if GM's were...

I get it that underage kids play the game and it's a family atmosphere and all that, but that is from where the dulling of the edge comes. The attempt to police foul language and such while allowing people a certain amount of leeway, as adults, must be a tough job.

Despite the 'family atmosphere' tag, it really shouldn't be Disneyland. I've seen PG-13 movies that put what I said to shame.

If the population existed still, I'd love to see a Gemstone Fallen type thing where anything goes, and you must be 18 to play. No parent can vouch for their kid.

As a caveat, I've never played DR Fallen; only second hand information reaches me.

Drew
02-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Private rooms aren't private as in the GMs can still look at them. They're more like a free fire zone, if the GM sees someone having a "private encounter" they are supposed to immediately leave. How well that is enforced is beyond me.

Tables are monitored but you are allowed to say whatever you want there now. Previously this was not the case.

Showal
02-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Drew, that quote in your sig is awesome.

Ghostwind
02-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Drew, that quote in your sig is awesome.

I second that. Is that REAL? Or comedy? Or both?

Showal
02-07-2010, 12:28 PM
It's real.

Google it.

Drew
02-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Good advice is timeless.

Drew
02-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Which is a better term for anal sex:

Getting bonespeared in darkstone castle
or
Playing in the southern snowfields

ZeP
02-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Invading the Southron Wastes

WRoss
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
It's real.

Google it.

Haha. That site is worth a read.

RichardCranium
02-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Invading the Southron Wastes

Congratulations on winning the thread.

Methais
02-07-2010, 02:52 PM

or

Go with both, just to be sure.

Drunken Durfin
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM

or

Getting "stone fisted in the Bowels" has always been one of my favorites.

The-Pwny-Express
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Why are u so upset that u can't use the word masturbation in a text fantasy role playing game? What is ur agenda sir?

yesicj
02-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Why u but not ur?

Showal
02-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Why u but not ur?

and why not "Y" or "wut"?

Showal
02-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Y r U sO uPsEt tHaT u CaNt UsE tEh WoRd MaStUrBaTiOn In A tExT fAnTaSy RoLe PlAyInG gAmE? WuT iS uR aGeNdA sIr?

Fixed it.

g++
02-08-2010, 10:18 AM
The word masturbation is offensive. Please -- Say skeet skeet

The-Pwny-Express
02-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Edited, sorry :(

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd36/Allbeachbummedout/Decorated%20images/408bec23.jpg

Andraste Send 02-08-2010 08:19 PM Type out the fucking words, this isn't a text message - Cel

Oh noooos! I'm in the red! Why does something so simple make someone so mad and hatefull?.....idk....but I am sorry I upset you so much. I still love you, and I forgive you. /hugyou you miserable bastard

Ghostwind
02-13-2010, 03:28 AM
Why are u so upset that u can't use the word masturbation in a text fantasy role playing game? What is ur agenda sir?

Did you read the first post? The original one? If you did, you'd know I am not upset about anything.

How about any of the others I wrote in this thread? Again, not upset at all.

Oh yeah. My agenda. My agenda was to get an idea of what other people thought. Shocking.

And just to reiterate, mental masturbation does not refer to the actual physical act of masturbation. It refers to the fact that some people get off on telling everyone how smart they are and how stupid everyone else is. Read your own sig. That's a perfect example.

No doubt the reason you couldn't seem to type is that you were busy masturbating to all the metaphors in this thread.

stonegonad
03-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Ambush Taint Third Leg

The-Pwny-Express
03-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Did you read the first post? The original one? If you did, you'd know I am not upset about anything.

How about any of the others I wrote in this thread? Again, not upset at all.

Oh yeah. My agenda. My agenda was to get an idea of what other people thought. Shocking.

And just to reiterate, mental masturbation does not refer to the actual physical act of masturbation. It refers to the fact that some people get off on telling everyone how smart they are and how stupid everyone else is. Read your own sig. That's a perfect example.

No doubt the reason you couldn't seem to type is that you were busy masturbating to all the metaphors in this thread.

pwned!

Stanley Burrell
03-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't have a log of it, but I distinctly remember Andraste sending me an Anything-Sexual-Andraste-Cease-and-Desist© message when I was stereotypically playing a stupid Giantkin and asking people on Teras how babies were made.

That's all I have to contribute.

Methais
03-13-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't have a log of it, but I distinctly remember Andraste sending me an Anything-Sexual-Andraste-Cease-and-Desist© message when I was stereotypically playing a stupid Giantkin and asking people on Teras how babies were made.

That's all I have to contribute.

Asking how babies are made in GS isn't technically sexually related. Characters are unable to get pregnant, yet the land is full of people, so for all we know they could come from a stork dropping them out of the sky.

Drunken Durfin
03-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Didn't we have a merchant a year or so ago selling maternity gowns and such?

Oh, I know that there is at least one chick that RP's being pregnant.

Buckwheet
03-13-2010, 05:08 PM
They also sold a ton of baby outfits.

Maybe I should put that up for sale...

Drunken Durfin
03-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Still pissed you can't skin the bodies from failed child rescues...