PDA

View Full Version : fakestormfront.txt

Ker_Thwap
02-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Can one one of you spell out this part for a computer dummy?

I have the new pc, I'm trying to be ambitious and get lich and psinet to both work with the wizard. How do I create a file named fakestormfront.txt and how do I put it in the lich directory?

Drew
02-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Two ways, go to the lich directory in your documents folder while in windows explorer and right click -> New -> text Document. Rename is fakestormfront

Or open Notepad (in Accessories menu), go to "Save As" and navigate to your Lich folder then name the file fakestormfront and click save.

Ker_Thwap
02-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Ahh, so just a new text document. I can do that. Thanks much.

crb
02-16-2010, 04:06 PM
I did this but cannot get the wizard to load.

I load stormfront with the two fine, but if I boot up the wizard I get just garbage

DaCapn
02-17-2010, 12:19 AM
I did this but cannot get the wizard to load.

I load stormfront with the two fine, but if I boot up the wizard I get just garbage

I don't know about lich on Windows or with SF so I have no idea about the fakestormfront file but... have you tried launching wizard without the fakestormfront file?

So... fish out of water but whatever.

It just sounds like the intent of the file is to just inform the lich daemon that it should be expecting a SF client.

Tillmen
02-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Lich no longer knows how to parse the GSL (Wizard) stream. When you select the Wizard in the SGE, Lich connects to the XML (Stormfront) server anyway, but launches the Wizard and translates the XML to GSL for it.

That is, unless you're using PsiNet. Selecting the Wizard in SGE while using Lich and PsiNet will always result is PsiNet connecting to the GSL server, and nothing working. The fakestormfront.txt file just lets you pick Stormfront in SGE, making PsiNet connect to the correct server, while still having Lich launch the Wizard.