PDA

View Full Version : 2Hander Paladin.

NicAlbion
02-02-2010, 12:27 PM
So, I came to a decision about what class to play during my trial.

My question now, what should I put my points on? I value any tweaks to previous builds and would like as much input on gear and 'misc' skills to invest in.

Thank you.

mgoddess
02-02-2010, 02:33 PM
2-3x Armor Use, up to at least 80 ranks for metal breastplate... 150 if you want to get into full plate asap.

1-2x physical fitness, depending on points available.

1-1.5x CMan

2x weapon skill of choice

if 2hand or polearms, at least 1x on dodging.

1x-1 (aka, at level) spells and harness power. 1635 should be your target for paladin spells, 120 should be your target on minor spirit spells.

Climbing and Swimming: 15-20 ranks will do you just fine up until level 60 or so, unless you plan on running the route between Ta'Vaalor and OTF (which bypasses the ferry).

Perception, Magic Item Use, Arcane Symbols, First Aid, and Survival can all be useful, but Paladins tend to be tight on points for the first 40-50 levels, so don't worry too much about training in them, unless you need the MIU/AS to cast extra spells on yourself.

WRoss
02-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Advise previously mentioned is pretty good. I'd suggest getting up to 103 if you are going to be hunting less populated areas so you can have the +10 DS. Also, two handed weapons on a paladin results in some pretty low DS at early levels. Stay away from claids, you'll want to swing fast and have the extra DS boost from enchanted weapons. I'd suggest a maul or mattock. You can find 4x superior forged ones for pretty cheap. You could also think about getting less CMAN ranks at first and more dodging. Same goes with armor. The amount of ranks you need to get all hindrance and action worked off as you get into chain and plate is quite huge. Its really preference, do you want to get hit and minimize damage or try not to get hit at all?

Androidpk
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I find CM to be more valuable compared to dodge.

Parker
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
I find CM to be more valuable compared to dodge.

I agree with this.

I am no mechanical afficianado by any means.

But my paladin is currently converting down from 1.5x dodge to 1x, in order to get up to 1.5x CMAN

NicAlbion
02-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Thank you all for the input. My paladin is coming along nicely, if I do say so myself.

This is a bit of a 'cosmetic' question. I've converted to following Eorgina. Could someone post the Judgement and Divine Strike damage types? I just wanna see what I have to look forward to.

mgoddess
02-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Here's someone else's 1615 with Eorgina:

You gesture at a Neartofar troll.
A pillar of dusky red radiance manifests around a Neartofar troll.
CS: +157 - TD: +60 + CvA: +10 + d100: +44 == +151
Warding failed!
Waves of sacred energy tear through the Neartofar troll's body!
... 40 points of damage!
... 30 points of damage!
Minor burns to chest. That hurts a bit.
The Neartofar troll howls in agony as the flames dance over his body!
... 20 points of damage!
Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.

From: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=998956&postcount=38

Stry
02-05-2010, 10:14 PM
The Judgement for Eorgina is still fire damage. The description is something to do with a crimsom or red scepter that you use to spray fire at the three enemies.

I would post an exact log but I don't have Strydyr active right now. I'll see if I can dig up some old logs when I get home tonight.

Edit: Sorry, all my logs were on my old laptop which died a few months ago.

Stry
02-05-2010, 10:54 PM
As far as training plans went I was more caster focused.

2x armor to Metal Breastplate.
2x 2-handers
1x cman* (until armor/spells maxed then push extra points to cman or dodge)
1x dodge*
1x - 2x Physical training - This can be pushed to 2x most easily and you can get some rather decent redux as a paladin still.

I also got Multi-Opp combat up to 30. Anything past this point is rather worthless in my opinion. This is enough for 1 focused strike or 3 enemies and keeps your RT reasonable.

1x Harness Power - spells are very mana intensive. A full 4 hour spellup of just self spells once can cost almost 1k mana.

Paladin circle to 1635. going to 1640 lets you rez and boosts yous CS a good bit.
Minor Spirit circle to 120

You can be done with spells by lvl 55 or 60 and focus on getting up to 2x cman or 2x dodge.

Climb, Swim, Survival etc etc as needed.

I saw other paladins go to full plate, but I found that this caused alot of problems with trying to cast 1615 during hunting or other spells.

I hunted with 1615 and 1630 religiously. (pun intended) Make em kneel, smack em upside the head with a claidhmore or better yet a perfect forged mattock or maul.

Stry
03-16-2010, 08:12 PM
So I reactivated Strydyr.. Here's Eorgina's 1630. Enjoy

You gesture at a halfling robber.
You briefly close your eyes, and a darkened circlet haloes your head. A faint black light builds up and emanates from your hand before it takes the shape of an ethereal bejewelled sceptre!
A curl of black flames unravel from the tip of the ethereal sceptre, striking a halfling robber!
CS: +324 - TD: +240 + CvA: -10 + d100: +29 == +103
Warding failed!
The halfling robber is stricken for 14 points of damage!
... 10 points of damage!
Burst of flames to right leg burns skin bright red.
The halfling robber is driven to his knees!
A curl of black flames unravel from the tip of the ethereal sceptre, striking a half-elven thug!
CS: +324 - TD: +240 + CvA: -2 + d100: +22 == +104
Warding failed!
The half-elven thug is stricken for 12 points of damage!
... 10 points of damage!
Burst of flames to right eye bakes eyelid.
The half-elven thug is stunned!
The half-elven thug is driven to his knees!
A curl of black flames unravel from the tip of the ethereal sceptre, striking a half-elven robber!
CS: +324 - TD: +234 + CvA: -10 + d100: +31 == +111
Warding failed!
The half-elven robber is stricken for 15 points of damage!
... 3 points of damage!
Minor burns to left arm. That hurts a bit.
The half-elven robber is driven to her knees!

The ethereal bejewelled sceptre dissolves into a plume of grey smoke.